The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

Status

churchmouse

I still care....Really
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
178   0   0
Dec 7, 2011
Speedway area
Hey CM, I'll have to post a pic of my reach out and touch someone AR. 22" Stainless bull barrel, Aluminum heat dissipation foregrip and a good old fashion A2 buttstock. A little late to pull it out of the safe. It's a Panther DPMS with upgraded trigger.
Please. I will show you mine if you show us yours...:):

mcapo

aka Bandit
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Mar 19, 2016
Southern Canada - Southernmost Region
And since I have at least (1) interested individual (I'm all about the eagles !) ;) here's another rather rare thing to witness. This female (they're the largest) is 'presenting' !

Just a quick check in....

What amazing photographs!

We are but a small part in an amazing world!

jagee

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Jan 19, 2013
New Palestine
My Mossberg .308 bolt gun does just fine under 100 yards. I have no need to reach out further. Hunting on my property it would be a bad idea to take a long shot like that. Neighbors and all...

T-DOGG

R&D Department
Site Supporter
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
Feb 4, 2011
NE Canada
Figured out what the hold up is with my JoeBob package and FedEx. The package is on hold, because it's destination from Salina, KS was supposed to be Memphis, TN and evidently that Memphis hub is dealing with weather issues currently and has suspended all incoming packages.

It's just a bipod for the 308, so it's not the end of the world and I have no control of the weather. There are more important things to worry about in life.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Jun 29, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Figured out what the hold up is with my JoeBob package and FedEx. The package is on hold, because it's destination from Salina, KS was supposed to be Memphis, TN and evidently that Memphis hub is dealing with weather issues currently and has suspended all incoming packages.

It's just a bipod for the 308, so it's not the end of the world and I have no control of the weather. There are more important things to worry about in life.
....Wait..... if YOU don’t control the weather..... ......whodoes?......

wtburnette

WT(F)
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nov 11, 2013
SW side of Indy
Morning all... :coffee:

Hey WTB, if you haven't already mounted the scope, mount the rifle in the vise so the bore axis is level. It will make using the Wheeler leveling set easier. I've used my set a couple of times now and like it.

Yep, that's the plan. I upgraded my Tipton's Best to a Tipton's Ultra with the Wheeler Leveling kit that Chris had linked a while back. This is my first opportunity to use it for the intended purpose. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be heading to the range tomorrow. This gun definitely needs a cheek rest, which I have ordered. Without it, at least with the medium rings I have on it, my cheek weld is a jaw weld... :(

gmcttr

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
May 22, 2013
Columbus
...Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be heading to the range tomorrow. This gun definitely needs a cheek rest, which I have ordered. Without it, at least with the medium rings I have on it, my cheek weld is a jaw weld... :(
Foam pipe insulation and painters masking tape for a temporary fix.

wtburnette

WT(F)
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nov 11, 2013
SW side of Indy
Foam pipe insulation and painters masking tape for a temporary fix.

If I had either one that might work... :):

I was thinking about heading down to The Outdoorsman later to see if they had any Remington 700 scope rings that would mount directly to the receiver. That might make enough of a difference that the cheek rest isn't needed... :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(F)
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nov 11, 2013
SW side of Indy
Good plan on the rings. If needed, I can bring pipe insulation and tape...nudge, nudge, push, push... :D

Still supposed to be pretty warm tomorrow, so I think I'll take your hint... :cool:

I'll need to remember to grab my cleaning stuff since the recommended break in for the barrel specifies cleaning after every round for the first 5 rounds. That will make adjusting the site even more of a PITA, but as Bergara is known for their barrels, I plan to abide by their recommendations.

Status
Top Bottom