The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I may hit the range on Saturday. The Bergara should be here tomorrow, new scope rings will be here Thursday and I'll be taking the DBT 6x24x50 off of my RART and testing it to see what I think. If I'm happy with it, at least for now, I may buy another one for the RART. If I need something better it'll provide me the reason I need to pick up the Viper PST II 5x25x50 instead.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've done so much swapping around and upgrading that damn near every rifle needs sighted in. And a few new to me handguns need function tested.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, that was one thing that made me really hesitate taking off the scope from my RART as it was all dialed in nicely. I hated the idea of changing it, but I really wanted to test out the scope on the new rifle. If it works well enough I may not have to spend more. Guess we'll have to see... :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Evening folks!

Just got back from another pantsless highway run and have one or two more to do this week.

Every time I think about moving optics around, I remind myself that it costs ammo to do that. Right now, I have several that need fine tuned. Some are on paper but it was windy when I sighted the optic in, so there’s adjustment needed. Others are just stuck on the rifle with zero attempt made to dial it in.

I think that right now, with the ammo shortages and all, if I need to sight in an AR in 5.56, I’m just going to put it on paper at 50 yards using the CMMG .22lr kit, then dial it the rest of the way in with 5.56 at 100 yards. Should work, right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Evening folks!

Just got back from another pantsless highway run and have one or two more to do this week.

Every time I think about moving optics around, I remind myself that it costs ammo to do that. Right now, I have several that need fine tuned. Some are on paper but it was windy when I sighted the optic in, so there’s adjustment needed. Others are just stuck on the rifle with zero attempt made to dial it in.

I think that right now, with the ammo shortages and all, if I need to sight in an AR in 5.56, I’m just going to put it on paper at 50 yards using the CMMG .22lr kit, then dial it the rest of the way in with 5.56 at 100 yards. Should work, right?
    I was using the drop in bore laser I got from T-DOGG today to get a few AR's that have been apart/optics swapped or just a new optic.
    That little laser fits snug up in the chamber and works pretty well over all but man it eats battery's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom