The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For me, younger women came first, then the car, followed a couple of years later with a younger redhead and motorcycles. The car turned out to last the longest but the others sure were fun while they lasted.:laugh:

I've still got the car, made do without the younger women and motorcycle. Now I just collect guns.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    talk to me about that UH-1...I've had the hots for that for months.

Where did ya get it? Alan..?
    Alan was OOS. I got it from Kenzie's Optics. Free shipping/no tax.

My eye's aren't thrilled with with the pixilation of holographic sights like the Eotechs and the UH-1.

Give me a couple of days to think about it and I may decide to sell it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm thinking about picking up the MPO 3-18X50 from Brownell for the Tikka. It checks all of the boxes for me. Japanese ED glass, FFP, turrets and reticle in MRAD, capped windage, exposed elevation, zero stop and good reviews online. The Tikka will most likely only be used at 600 to 800 yards max, which fits well with that scope.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Alan was OOS. I got it from Kenzie's Optics. Free shipping/no tax.

My eye's aren't thrilled with with the pixilation of holographic sights like the Eotechs and the UH-1.

Give me a couple of days to think about it and I may decide to sell it.

keep me posted - I could easily roll your way and check it out.

Thx Reed

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm thinking about picking up the MPO 3-18X50 from Brownell for the Tikka. It checks all of the boxes for me. Japanese ED glass, FFP, turrets and reticle in MRAD, capped windage, exposed elevation, zero stop and good reviews online. The Tikka will most likely only be used at 600 to 800 yards max, which fits well with that scope.
    The MPO line had my primary focus until I stumbled on the Bushnell Elite deals at Midway. I don't think you would be disappointed. Everything I read online was a plus. I really like the reticle design in them.

And I'll add this recommendation again, Midway has the Bushnell DMRII 3.5-21x50 with the G3 illuminated reticle on sale:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020586712?pid=144123

I got mine for a little bit cheaper, they've been bouncing the price around a little bit the past few weeks or so.

And they still have the big boy XRSII on sale, same price I got mine for. It is ALOT of scope for the money.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019633469

I will now be quiet....

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So since you're the research expert and I know that 88 analyzes things in great detail as well, is there a reason you both chose to not look at the Vortex offerings? As I'm not super knowledgeable on scopes, I'm curious.

I should say, chose to not go with the Vortex offerings.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    So since you're the research expert and I know that 88 analyzes things in great detail as well, is there a reason you both chose to not look at the Vortex offerings? As I'm not super knowledgeable on scopes, I'm curious.

I should say, chose to not go with the Vortex offerings.
    This should be a simple answer. HAHAHA

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Since i know CM loves looking at G****s and its his birthday and all
    45E4718F-6456-48D9-ACFA-E74EAA3A731D.jpeg Got my serrations in, tomorrow its off to Allen. Going to have to dust off my trusty old Walther for EDC duty for a bit. Also need to grab more black 6-40 flathead screws to mount my dot with. Its currently held on with tight tolerances lol. Also I have no clue what pitch those screws are that vortex sends with it and my pitch gauge goes from 4-42 on the us side and .4-something on the metric. Literally nothing fit the pitch but judging by its size im guessing m3.5x.35 unless its a proprietary size/pitch. Oh well, the venom on my 19 has been happy with 6-40 flatheads holding it on for the last year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom