THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Has she read Graham Hancock's 'America Before'?
    He has some very interesting theories and makes things understandable...I mean, if I can get it...
    In all seriousness I'm not a huge history buff or anything and I found it fascinating. We will probably plan a trip there this summer as well.

RR, get that chicken/turkey into the TuttleTwins" books....bought it for my grands - fabulous.!!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That all sounds fascinating, and the book too.
    I will say, books imo are one the best gifts one can recieve or give. I have a small library, within it are some books that touch on something deeper than just facts or a story. When I think someone could benefit from or a book makes me think of someone, it feels almost obligatory to pass that book forward. So recieving a book or even a recommendation is very much appreciated.

In fact, I keep a list of books recommended by none other than some of the men in this group. These are them.

many live, many masters
    moby dick
    how to win friends and influence people
    Chesapeake
    tai pan
    the return of the native

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks.

Wow. If you don’t have to leave the house today, don’t. Sheesh. I was up per usual at 5 this morning. Made coffee and went out to start my truck. Realized my door was frozen shut… didn’t want to put too much effort on the handle… So I tried to use the window scraper and pry it a little. Broke the scrapper…. Tried a couple jars of hot water… nope…. So I grabbed a crow bar from the garage. Got in! Lol, gotta love beater vehicles… Don’t care!

Let’s start this thing and let it thaw while I make my lunch. Nope. She wasn’t having it. Crank and crank and more cranking. No start… banged a few times. No start. Damn. Grabbed the battery charger and set it to engine start hoping maybe i could just crank it till it started. Nope. Didn’t start. Damn.

Ok fine. I’ll try the wife’s car. Started right up… ok fine… I’ll drive that. She’s not going anywhere today! Bout lost my fingers to the cold even through my gloves… couldn’t breathe at all in this. Big gasps of air, nothing it seemed like. Horrible out there…

Made it to work just fine. Enjoying some Jordan Peterson and the wind against the building.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Morning folks.

Wow. If you don’t have to leave the house today, don’t. Sheesh. I was up per usual at 5 this morning. Made coffee and went out to start my truck. Realized my door was frozen shut… didn’t want to put too much effort on the handle… So I tried to use the window scraper and pry it a little. Broke the scrapper…. Tried a couple jars of hot water… nope…. So I grabbed a crow bar from the garage. Got in! Lol, gotta love beater vehicles… Don’t care!

Let’s start this thing and let it thaw while I make my lunch. Nope. She wasn’t having it. Crank and crank and more cranking. No start… banged a few times. No start. Damn. Grabbed the battery charger and set it to engine start hoping maybe i could just crank it till it started. Nope. Didn’t start. Damn.

Ok fine. I’ll try the wife’s car. Started right up… ok fine… I’ll drive that. She’s not going anywhere today! Bout lost my fingers to the cold even through my gloves… couldn’t breathe at all in this. Big gasps of air, nothing it seemed like. Horrible out there…

Made it to work just fine. Enjoying some Jordan Peterson and the wind against the building.
    Should have just called in.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Morning folks.

“Jordan Peterson” and “coffee” were the only good words I saw in there.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I will say, books imo are one the best gifts one can recieve or give. I have a small library, within it are some books that touch on something deeper than just facts or a story. When I think someone could benefit from or a book makes me think of someone, it feels almost obligatory to pass that book forward. So recieving a book or even a recommendation is very much appreciated.

In fact, I keep a list of books recommended by none other than some of the men in this group. These are them.

many live, many masters
    moby dick
    Chesapeake
    tai pan
    the return of the native
    I have always wanted to be a reader. Never had the patience and never tried. But I still longed to have a library room.

A couple years back, I bought a book that interested me. Read it. ALL THE WAY THROUGH! Oh my goodness. What an experience. Loved it. Bought another, didn’t get far. But I’m back now! I’ve got a handful of books that I’ve started and either lost interest in or decided to take a break. Which I think has always been my problem with books, I thought I had to finish one before starting a new one. Then I heard of someone starting books and being ok with setting it down and starting another. That opened my world up.

Lately it’s been none other than… The Holy Bible. I have never been a religious person, was never raised. I’ve always been fascinated by it and have always tried to be a good person. But lately. I’ve been searching for something. And I don’t know what it is. Or where to start. So I thought, well it certainly can’t hurt to start here.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I have always wanted to be a reader. Never had the patience and never tried. But I still longed to have a library room.

A couple years back, I bought a book that interested me. Read it. ALL THE WAY THROUGH! Oh my goodness. What an experience. Loved it. Bought another, didn’t get far. But I’m back now! I’ve got a handful of books that I’ve started and either lost interest in or decided to take a break. Which I think has always been my problem with books, I thought I had to finish one before starting a new one. Then I heard of someone starting books and being ok with setting it down and starting another. That opened my world up.

Lately it’s been none other than… The Holy Bible. I have never been a religious person, was never raised. I’ve always been fascinated by it and have always tried to be a good person. But lately. I’ve been searching for something. And I don’t know what it is. Or where to start. So I thought, well it certainly can’t hurt to start here.
    Hey Rusty. Ollie’s in Ft Wayne usually has half price books half price. So roughly 60 to 75% off. I have bought some killer survival/ war history books over the years. They usually have a best seller history book 8 months later.

If you sign up for their rewards, 3 or 4 times a year you get extra off for what you spent during that calendar year. Their kind of like the old Big Lots without furniture, but they always have GREAT DEALS on GREAT BOOKS!!!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

You can sign up for different bible reading programs that will help you to stay in track. I found this very helpful for me last year.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Has she read Graham Hancock's 'America Before'?
    He has some very interesting theories and makes things understandable...I mean, if I can get it...
    In all seriousness I'm not a huge history buff or anything and I found it fascinating. We will probably plan a trip there this summer as well.

Ironically, I just introduced her to him. The new Netflix doc he has w/ Randall Carlson is out and we've been sampling it. We got sidetracked on a tangent about Egyptian mythology and need to return. I have long been a fan of Graham's work

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I was gifted a book by a client yesterday... I never heard of Graham Hancock before then...
    Hie wife funds f3, an organization that employees ex seal to rescue trafficked kids. One of the best conversations I've had in a long long time... outside ingo of course... lol

Fingerprints of The Gods is a good read as well.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Absolutely, reading 4 currently. I just grab whichever suits my fancy at the moment.

Historical theology is a big interest of mine.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

many live, many masters
    moby dick
    Chesapeake
    tai pan
    the return of the native
    Shogun and King Rat to go with Tai Pan. Micheners's "Texas" and any of his other historical fiction. Nothing good from him since he sold out.
    "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" IIRC is another great book.

Anything Leon Uris wrote. QBVII

Swiss Family Robinson

Robinson Crusoe

"Many lives, Many masters" will require some balanced study of religion added if your values lean Christian or Muslim. Not a book to give easily influenced teenage minds without some maturity. IMHO, anyway.

Last edited:

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I prefer the shallow end of the pool, I guess.

Currently re-reading a book by one of DaBoss'es former classmates. He was a FFL, and wrote a book called Guns Across the Border. It is about his dealings with the ATF and Operation Wide Receiver, before Fast and Furious.

Oh, and I also have Canon EOS T7 for Dummies, to help figure out the buttons on the camera, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom