THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    South Bend….finally had a house fire in DA HOOD in Da Bend…..
    1). They smoke a lot of weed….in fact there were 3 of them smoking what smelt like a whole pound, on the porch less than 3 houses from the house fire.
    2). More cops than fireman. 4 marked units that I saw. I’m sure there were 2 unmarked.
    3). They barely get the fire out and we’re GONE!!! Eaves were still smoking, box of Huggies diapers smoldering heavy close to the gas meter. Only the battalion chief left with housing authority and the tenants.

Call me prejudice….but the Fort knows how to put out a fire. Last Wednesday, small house fire. 2 ATTACK FIRE ENGINES both hooked to fire hydrants. 2 Ladder Trucks, not involved but there if needed. 3 other Engine Companies for man power. They had at least 4 hand ladders up, 2 guys on the roof chopping a vent, with a hose line at the ready. House had alot less fire damage than the South Bend one….I know…I wasn’t there at the start. The Fort Wayne house had alot less fire damage. South Bend house, they just used the ladder truck’s nozzle and blasted it. Not one 2 1/2 or 1 3/4 attack lines pulled. The front of the house looked ready for an excavator or bulldozer. Fort Wayne knows how to put the wet stuff on the red and yellow stuff!!!

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    What do y’all do with your turkey leftovers?
    I go out of state to visit relatives, but the last couple of years they take the leftovers and drop them at the local food bank, and so they actually get eaten.

Our Thanksgiving tradition… the left over turkey goes into a big pot of Indian chicken turkey tikka masala
    :drool:
    If you're an Indian food aficionado, there's a book called the "best ever Indian cookbook" by Mridula Baljekar and others that is pretty good. I've got this edition, but I bought it at Ollie's for $4.

I gotta quit blinking and sleeping at night. You CZickos outpace me.

Decided to pass on the red dot & milling despite the deals. The STD-15 and P-07 along with some black friday shopping has wiped out my fun money. May have convinced at least one other person to scoop up a std-15 as a first AR for $500. He's a bit of a penny pinching skinflint, to borrow a phrase from @TJ Kackowski .

Afternoon, everyone.

I hope you bounce back quickly, @patience0830

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    there is only 1 holster - 1791 Gunleather
    I know you recommended that to me when I asked about holsters for my 75, but I just couldn’t pull that trigger as I have one for P226 and one for P320, and they are the slowest drawing things.
    Reasonable price, seems like nice leather, but I just can’t get them to work.
    Got any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Do I need to loosen it up? I fell like the retention is ok until I go to draw then I’m jerking the gun out, which is disconcerting with a P320.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Thanks for that. I knew there was a popular one many here like. Isn’t Wright Leather Works the one CM liked too?

My CC holster for the Micro 9 is a JM4 Tactical leather magnetic holster. I love it. I met JM4 at the 2019 NRA convention and ordered it there after trying it on. But that model only has generic sizes, and I want one molded for the P01. But I see they have expanded their business and offer high end custom leather holsters for most of the CZ models!

For now I’ll use the cheap the plastic one I have and save up for a Wright Leather Works or custom JM4.

I can tell you the 12 week lead time from Wright is real… any day now…

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yep. I haven't been out since Thursday morning. Think I made the right choice today.
    My youngest went three years without a kill and then tagged out in two trips this past week.

That's probably not helping you any. Umm...I meant to say "A week off and its muzzleloader season!!".

Took his buck to the taxidermist - will only take 6-9 months....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom