THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My youngest went three years without a kill and then tagged out in two trips this past week.

That's probably not helping you any. Umm...I meant to say "A week off and its muzzleloader season!!".

Took his buck to the taxidermist - will only take 6-9 months....
    Yeah...last deer I killed was 2019. I'm going to put in a food plot next spring and hopefully help keep deer on my piece a little better.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I go out of state to visit relatives, but the last couple of years they take the leftovers and drop them at the local food bank, and so they actually get eaten.

If you're an Indian food aficionado, there's a book called the "best ever Indian cookbook" by Mridula Baljekar and others that is pretty good. I've got this edition, but I bought it at Ollie's for $4.

I gotta quit blinking and sleeping at night. You CZickos outpace me.

Decided to pass on the red dot & milling despite the deals. The STD-15 and P-07 along with some black friday shopping has wiped out my fun money. May have convinced at least one other person to scoop up a std-15 as a first AR for $500. He's a bit of a penny pinching skinflint, to borrow a phrase from @TJ Kackowski .

Afternoon, everyone.

I hope you bounce back quickly, @patience0830
    Back in the corps, we were paying $500 to get rid of std's...

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    A few weeks back my wife said to me, "I think I need to take a basic pistol class". So I talked to Stephen over at Proteq about a basic pistol class for her. We are going to do that the same day that I do an advanced pistol class with him. She has some arthritis in her hands, and doesn't have a lot of strength in her hands right now. When she tried to rack the slide on most of my guns, she just couldn't do it or at least not fully.

So yesterday we went out and looked at a few guns. It was suggested we try the Smith & Wesson EZ line. We found a S&W Equalizer, and she is able to rack the slide easily. So I picked one up. We will see how this goes.

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I can tell you the 12 week lead time from Wright is real… any day now…
    12 weeks is a drop in the bucket. I've had a holster on order for almost 9 months. I finally saw that it had been made and hope to have it in my hands this week. Oh and based on what I have seen this man make it has been worth the wait. Pictures when I get it.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    12 weeks is a drop in the bucket. I've had a holster on order for almost 9 months. I finally saw that it had been made and hope to have it in my hands this week. Oh and based on what I have seen this man make it has been worth the wait. Pictures when I get it.
    Another Bitterroot?

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    A few weeks back my wife said to me, "I think I need to take a basic pistol class". So I talked to Stephen over at Proteq about a basic pistol class for her. We are going to do that the same day that I do an advanced pistol class with him. She has some arthritis in her hands, and doesn't have a lot of strength in her hands right now. When she tried to rack the slide on most of my guns, she just couldn't do it or at least not fully.

So yesterday we went out and looked at a few guns. It was suggested we try the Smith & Wesson EZ line. We found a S&W Equalizer, and she is able to rack the slide easily. So I picked one up. We will see how this goes.

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend.
    I hope her pistol class goes well. ETA: I hope your advanced class also goes well.

My wife wants to sign up for classes together when she comes. While I'm comfortable shooting, I've never actually taken a class. Would be nice to start from the ground up.

Edit: This Bitterroot?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom