THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Got my eye on this one ... not looking good for the short term. Depending on the source, this suppressor has been discontinued or the manufacturer is just waiting for parts to become available.

But I cannot even start down the suppressor path until after the first of the year.

I noticed that the CGS Hydra-AL and CGS Hydra-SS are both in stock. Of the two, the Hydra-SS is the better looker. So many choices.

What are the opinons on creating a Trust? Invest in a trust or just buy the suppressors as one-off items?
    Trust is up to you. I have all my stamps to me individually. My wife isn't interested and my kids are little - they'll never use the stuff without me unless I'm dead. I'm considering creating a trust to will everything to - hopefully my kids will be old and responsible by that point.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Got my eye on this one ... not looking good for the short term. Depending on the source, this suppressor has been discontinued or the manufacturer is just waiting for parts to become available.

But I cannot even start down the suppressor path until after the first of the year.

I noticed that the CGS Hydra-AL and CGS Hydra-SS are both in stock. Of the two, the Hydra-SS is the better looker. So many choices.

What are the opinons on creating a Trust? Invest in a trust or just buy the suppressors as one-off items?
    I did not establish a trust because I was only going to buy one or two. Well, that didn't work out....

If I had it to do over again, I would establish a trust. If for no other reason, that it provides the most flexibility in the unknowns of the future.

This appears to be a Siren without the carbon fiber case.

1669504596192.png

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I also only planned to get a couple of suppressors and got the "single shot trusts" from Silencer Shop for convenience. The plan was to get my daughter's name on each of them...which hasn't happened yet. I have ended up with many more of them than expected and sort of wish I had set up a single trust to cover all of them.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Spent about 90 minutes outside, and only (1) chubby cardinal stopped by .... and he wanted to hide in the hedge, and not give me a good pose ! :runaway:
    Still,, it was better than watching TV, and at least I captured a wild critter.

3H4A1173%20copy-XL.jpg

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I love to tinker. And imagine. And sometimes I get crazy ideas that I can’t let go of. A few weeks ago I had the 38 Super 1911 (double stack Para frame) and the 9mm Citadel 1911 both out for cleaning. For kicks and giggles I decided to see if the 9mm Citadel slide fit on the double stack Para lower. It fit surprisingly well! One problem though, the double stack Para frame was modified for a fully ramped Wilson/Nowlin cut barrel and the Citadel has a standard profile barrel. So the barrels won’t swap. Also what about the mags? I looked it up and some mags are advertised for both cartridges and some are specific. Of course my mags aren’t marked.

I couldn’t stop thinking about how nice it’d be to have a double stack 9mm 1911. That 38 Super brass is easy to lose and expensive to buy! Out of curiosity I started looking up 1911 9mm Wilson/Nowlin barrels. I found an EBay seller that specializes in discounted overstock parts and they had a “drop in” stainless Sig Sauer 1911 Wilson/Nowlin barrel for $80!!!

So I did it! The barrel came in last week and it looks perfect. I checked it in the Citadel slide and it drops in smooth with no slop. I have an extra barrel bushing that fits near perfect. The barrel measured exactly .580” OD and barrel bushing measured .5815” ID. The bushing to slide fit is decent, it drops in by hand easy with almost no slop, maybe .001-.002 under which is fine, I don’t like the bushings press in tight. Then all I needed was a barrel link and pin. Which I measured out on the new barrel and ordered.

The new link and pin were in the mailbox waiting for me when I got back to Lebanon today. The pin to lower lug hole needed minor fitting, but I got it all put together tonight. Everything locks up super tight but still racks smooth! I loaded up a 20 round mag and they all cycled through by racking the slide by hand. I think this is going to be a lot of fun to shoot and I won’t have to worry about losing 38 Super brass! And I can swap uppers between 38 Super and 9mm.

I’m sure this won’t be the end of it. I’ll keep making it nicer. If it runs really good like this I’ll get another 9mm slide just for this and put the Citadel back together. Maybe I’ll get that slide milled for the Holosun. And eventually get the mount plate removed from the dust cover and have the frame refinished. I think that will be a good time to learn how to Cerakote.

I think I’ll name it Frankenstein.

1669516667875.jpeg
    1669516711123.jpeg
    1669516831061.jpeg
    1669516928202.jpeg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I love to tinker. And imagine. And sometimes I get crazy ideas that I can’t let go of. A few weeks ago I had the 38 Super 1911 (double stack Para frame) and the 9mm Citadel 1911 both out for cleaning. For kicks and giggles I decided to see if the 9mm Citadel slide fit on the double stack Para lower. It fit surprisingly well! One problem though, the double stack Para frame was modified for a fully ramped Wilson/Nowlin cut barrel and the Citadel has a standard profile barrel. So the barrels won’t swap. Also what about the mags? I looked it up and some mags are advertised for both cartridges and some are specific. Of course my mags aren’t marked.

I couldn’t stop thinking about how nice it’d be to have a double stack 9mm 1911. That 38 Super brass is easy to lose and expensive to buy! Out of curiosity I started looking up 1911 9mm Wilson/Nowlin barrels. I found an EBay seller that specializes in discounted overstock parts and they had a “drop in” stainless Sig Sauer 1911 Wilson/Nowlin barrel for $80!!!

So I did it! The barrel came in last week and it looks perfect. I checked it in the Citadel slide and it drops in smooth with no slop. I have an extra barrel bushing that fits near perfect. The barrel measured exactly .580” OD and barrel bushing measured .5815” ID. The bushing to slide fit is decent, it drops in by hand easy with almost no slop, maybe .001-.002 under which is fine, I don’t like the bushings press in tight. Then all I needed was a barrel link and pin. Which I measured out on the new barrel and ordered.

The new link and pin were in the mailbox waiting for me when I got back to Lebanon today. The pin to lower lug hole needed minor fitting, but I got it all put together tonight. Everything locks up super tight but still racks smooth! I loaded up a 20 round mag and they all cycled through by racking the slide by hand. I think this is going to be a lot of fun to shoot and I won’t have to worry about losing 38 Super brass! And I can swap uppers between 38 Super and 9mm.

I’m sure this won’t be the end of it. I’ll keep making it nicer. If it runs really good like this I’ll get another 9mm slide just for this and put the Citadel back together. Maybe I’ll get that slide milled for the Holosun. And eventually get the mount plate removed from the dust cover and have the frame refinished. I think that will be a good time to learn how to Cerakote.

I think I’ll name it Frankenstein.

View attachment 238950
    View attachment 238951
    View attachment 238952
    View attachment 238953
    That is tremendous!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online