THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Agreed. I couldn't ever get behind a keurig. I appreciate it when that's the coffee available but I figure if I'm going to put the time into making a cup, I want a adecent cup.... ok maybe I'm a little Pickler than I thought haha

This areopress sounds great.

I still have a Keurig, that I use first thing in the morning, but for my second cup I want something better. I'm awake and can take more time brewing and getting it right. Might also try a pour over at some point.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I still have a Keurig, that I use first thing in the morning, but for my second cup I want something better. I'm awake and can take more time brewing and getting it right. Might also try a pour over at some point.

Working at home, like you WT, or being retired, allows one to take the time to make that super-cup of java ! :thumbsup:
    I used to have a ceramic bean grinder, and do much experimentation, like you.
    Unfortunately, my stomach only allows me to have one cup in the morning, and one in the evening. I suspect that soon, I'll lose that ability too .... but I'm not complaining. Life always changes ... ebbs and flows.

Herbal teas, like my beloved ginseng, will be the path for me. But I fondly remember the super-strong (served in tiny cups) coffee that we often had on the flight line in Turkey. Of course, it probably helped that it was lightly laced (legally, at least at the time) with opium. When in Turkey, do as the Turks do ! ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Working at home, like you WT, or being retired, allows one to take the time to make that super-cup of java ! :thumbsup:
    I used to have a ceramic bean grinder, and do much experimentation, like you.
    Unfortunately, my stomach only allows me to have one cup in the morning, and one in the evening. I suspect that soon, I'll lose that ability too .... but I'm not complaining. Life always changes ... ebbs and flows.

Herbal teas, like my beloved ginseng, will be the path for me. But I fondly remember the super-strong (served in tiny cups) coffee that we often had on the flight line in Turkey. Of course, it probably helped that it was lightly laced (legally, at least at the time) with opium. When in Turkey, do as the Turks do ! ;)

I'm similar in that I'm limited in my coffee intake. Thankfully I can have 2 cups and sometimes 3, as long as I have food with it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm similar in that I'm limited in my coffee intake. Thankfully I can have 2 cups and sometimes 3, as long as I have food with it.
    I haven't had caffeine for several weeks. Today the doctor says no alcohol or tylenol for six weeks. WTF? I think he's trying to kill me...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I haven't had caffeine for several weeks. Today the doctor says no alcohol or tylenol for six weeks. WTF? I think he's trying to kill me...
    You can do it Bandit. I went 6 weeks without alcohol once and it was a breeze. Granted, I was 6 years old, but I was able to do it.

Also check to see if those weeks need to be consecutive or if it's cumulative. Maybe staying alcohol free from midnight to noon for 12 weeks counts

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I can see where that huge swell on the bottom of the grip would be absolutely great for control, while at the range. Obviously, it wouldn't work very well for concealed carry, but that's not its purpose, of course. :thumbsup:
    Are you purchasing ?
    The only pistol I have they would fit on would be my SP-01 and that is my nightstand pistol. Someone in this group must have a Shadow 2 that needs these :stickpoke:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I havnt had a cup of coffee in so long I forget what it tastes like. Six weeks without a whisky sour though would be difficult. Possibly he didn't like your exit the last time he seen you. Maybe your delivery of "Winning!" and your Tiger Woods impression was lacking a little..:dunno:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I havnt had a cup of coffee in so long I forget what it tastes like. Six weeks without a whisky sour though would be difficult. Possibly he didn't like your exit the last time he seen you. Maybe your delivery of "Winning!" and your Tiger Woods impression was lacking a little..:dunno:
    Yea....sometime I have ideas and thoughts that should stay in my head.

I know a guy who's wife gives him that advice. He doesn't listen to her....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom