The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The boy is in bed, no one else is home. I'm out back playing with my pellet rifle. Range finder puts the target at 15 yards.

View attachment 201559

After playing around with the first 2 shots I decided to take aim at the recycle symbol. Clicked the red dot up a couple and aimed at the Georgia-Pacific circle...

View attachment 201560

Now I'm not saying I'm in the same ballpark as you all with your fancy guns and calipers and what not...but this is good enough for me in the backyard. Lol

View attachment 201561
    I know this rifle. It has many little bodies on it...:)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just received an email from the folks at MiniMuseum (where my dinosaur tooth came from). They said that I "won" their monthly photo contest, and sent me a $30 gift card ! :alright:
    I've been eyeing a large Megalodon shark tooth, and every little bit helps.

View attachment 201325

This shark was the biggest one that ever lived !

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." ~ Roy Scheider as Police Chief Martin Brody, Jaws (1975)
    During some down time today, we went to a "rock store" to look around. They had some pretty big shark teeth and a few other fossils. I pulled up this picture of your teeth and the lady was impressed.

We learned that some rocks flores under UV light and we were stunned. I don't recall the particular names of the ones were bought but wow, they are awesome. I'll get some pics when we get back home next week. I need to order a decent UV light too.

Here's a samples.
    3c93dd1a928ca8a99d3c8439a77d7b54.jpg

Ruby Fuchsite
    Screenshot_20220521-212325~2.png

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Had a strong storm roll through about 4. No damage to house, trees and limbs down everywhere and no power. We are safe with a roof over our heads and the fridge plugged in to the generator. In the scheme of things, not too bad.

I just got power back at ~9:45pm. Internet and TV went down as well...even on my cell phone using data.

The mobile home park we sold a few years ago may have taken the biggest hit in this area. LOTS of trees down and homes damaged or destroyed. We would have had tree crews and cranes up there ASAP to clear roads and remove the largest trees from homes. The new owners drove in from out of town, took photos and left. Their manager did not show up. I guess they are going to wait on the insurance companies to deal with it.

Dad built it in the 70's and did his best to run it as a good Christian rather than to maximize profits. Business no longer operates that way.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    During some down time today, we went to a "rock store" to look around. They had some pretty big shark teeth and a few other fossils. I pulled up this picture of your teeth and the lady was impressed.

We learned that some rocks flores under UV light and we were stunned. I don't recall the particular names of the ones were bought but wow, they are awesome. I'll get some pics when we get back home next week. I need to order a decent UV light too.

Here's a samples.
    3c93dd1a928ca8a99d3c8439a77d7b54.jpg

Ruby Fuchsite
    View attachment 201576

Very cool ! .... I'm a bit of a mineral nut (among other strange attractions).
    It's a fun, and fascinating pursuit.

Here's a shot of the top shelf of my curio cabinet. (click to enlarge)

IMG_3754%20copy-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Had a strong storm roll through about 4. No damage to house, trees and limbs down everywhere and no power. We are safe with a roof over our heads and the fridge plugged in to the generator. In the scheme of things, not too bad.
    I just got power back at ~9:45pm. Internet and TV went down as well...even on my cell phone using data.

The mobile home park we sold a few years ago may have taken the biggest hit in this area. LOTS of trees down and homes damaged or destroyed. We would have had tree crews and cranes up there ASAP to clear roads and remove the largest trees from homes. The new owners drove in from out of town, took photos and left. Their manager did not show up. I guess they are going to wait on the insurance companies to deal with it.

Dad built it in the 70's and did his best to run it as a good Christian rather than to maximize profits. Business no longer operates that way.

Oh hell ..... I'm glad that both of you aren't smashed (houses, or bodies) !

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Very cool ! .... I'm a bit of a mineral nut (among other strange attractions).
    It's a fun, and fascinating pursuit.

Here's a shot of the top shelf of my curio cabinet. (click to enlarge)

IMG_3754%20copy-XL.jpg
    Most cool. We did buy something really really cool. I'll have to do a bit of research on it to explain it correctly but it's a polished sphere with a UV reactive mineral inside of it. Really close to this below.

UV light.------------Natural light
    Screenshot_20220521-212512.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom