The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Afternoon folks!

I'm still shoveling stone but have maybe 1500lbs left to shovel. I figure there was probably 5000 to 6000 lbs at the start. We are making progress though.
    f17b548301581044551503e362a70b06.jpg
    2d644d304f8915fd67f93a5c67a6de25.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, T-Mobile bought Sprint and the guy told me there are 278 towers owned by Sprint in Indiana. of that, 32 of the towers have been converted over to T-Mobile as of start date of late Feb 2022. I just don't know if I can wait until it's completed for a "possible" good ending. I just hate it all.....

We had problems like that when I lived in rural MN back in 1999. Ended up going with Tmobile back then because they had the best coverage between rural MN and St. Paul. When we moved closer to the cities a couple years later, we went with Verizon who had the best coverage in that area. Tmobile was okay, but Verizon was much better. Now I use Straight Talk and have for the last 6 or 7 years and they work just fine for my needs and aren't as ridiculously expensive as Verizon or have weird restrictions like they did when I was using them, like not being able to put like any phone I wanted on their plan.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Often when they do that you have one or more capacitors gone bad.

I had a Samsung I bought new in 2008 that was made during a period of time when a lot of companies got a run of bad capacitors.

By 2011 it was doing the on-off-on-off stuff when I powered it up.
    Eventually it got where it wouldn't turn on at all.
    MANY people had this problem, and it was just capacitors.

Opened it up and found some bulging and leaking capacitors.

Checked the specs on these and ordered some replacements with the same physical dimensions, but higher temp and service life.
    Got them from

Just soldered in the new capacitors, and that TV STILL runs to this day!
    I did the same thing with capacitors in a '98 BMW AC control module. Still running to this day. The fix cost me an hour and 50 cents in parts vs $200 for a used climate control computer or $600 for a new one

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Was up late last night working on the 57M. Swapped glass back to the USO, installed the cheek rest, and put the tuner on. Actually put the tuner on so I wouldn't lose it.. Going to get some gpt today and maybe tomorrow and Tuesday also before I pull the stock. Need to sand off the texturing then it's off to Allen for a paint job. Not sure what color yet, leaning towards poison ivy. I'm over the dull green, warty texture, and slick tape.

Here's a pic, color suggestions are welcomed.

View attachment 200503

Here's a sample color I found of the poison ivy color

View attachment 200505
    View attachment 200506
    Are you thinking a cerakote color or automotive paint?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Was up late last night working on the 57M. Swapped glass back to the USO, installed the cheek rest, and put the tuner on. Actually put the tuner on so I wouldn't lose it.. Going to get some gpt today and maybe tomorrow and Tuesday also before I pull the stock. Need to sand off the texturing then it's off to Allen for a paint job. Not sure what color yet, leaning towards poison ivy. I'm over the dull green, warty texture, and slick tape.

Here's a pic, color suggestions are welcomed.

View attachment 200503

Here's a sample color I found of the poison ivy color

View attachment 200505
    View attachment 200506

I've seen that green on a 68 GTO with Cragar 5 spokes. Looked good.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I've seen that green on a 68 GTO with Cragar 5 spokes. Looked good.
    Seen it on a auto show, can't remember which one, and he gave the name of the paint. Looked it up and I was hooked. Thought about Ferrari red or odg with a clear coat, I like green, but seen this color and it pretty much sealed the deal.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Last chance before I throw this up to the wolves. If you’re interested in the rifle, or mags or a combination of anything. Lemme know. I’ll list it tomorrow.

S&W MP 15-22. I bought new several years ago. I’ve upgraded to Magpul furniture, grip is missing the door. Great shooter. Really don’t wanna let it go, but just gotta get closer to my goals! I can always get another someday if I want.

4547EAE0-BC3D-41CD-BC74-AD3B646E7DD7.jpeg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I like it, needs to be a little darker though. Maybe that color with some black mixed in .. but you're on the right track.

HOK makes good stuff, but it isn't cheap. My Charger is painted with a modified HOK color, KBC05 Cobalt blue on black sealer. Look at paints on different sealers, with deep blues and greens, they often look better over a black sealer,. DSCN1382.JPG

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    HOK makes good stuff, but it isn't cheap. My Charger is painted with a modified HOK color, KBC05 Cobalt blue on black sealer. Look at paints on different sealers, with deep blues and greens, they often look better over a black sealer,. View attachment 200577
    Ok, do you have anything that isn't super cool?!
    That's awesome!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom