The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Just a guess, but could it be that the Lapua is made slightly oversized for looser chambers?

No. If anything, Lapua is made for the best accuracy in match chambers. One feature of these chambers is they have a short throat allowing bullets to engrave into the rifling. This is the source of more effort to close the bolt.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Brutal day in the factories, working with a new powder coating setup. Had to ask who plumed the compressed air supply to the blasting cabinet, they failed to notice that the pipe blocks the door from opening al all.

The filter, regulator, and shut off valve were all convenient for the operator, assuming he did not want to put anything in the cabinet.;)

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back when I worked in Mexcio I was involved with a line setup that had a big coater/oven in one machine. This machine was heated with an auxiliary boiler. Client was complaining that even with the boiler and air blower at max the parts were not dry. Had racks brought in to keep the line running while I investigated the problem, checking the boiler first then sticking my arm into the discharge end of the machine to feel for heat that wasn't there. Followed the water circulation line from the boiler which was hot, to the machine that wasn't, but could not find the recirculating pump or the electrical service for it. Asked about this and got a blank stare and a "whazzat" in Spanish from the Mexican "millwrights". ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Well poop. Went to grab something out of the car and found hard rain delivered a few inches of water in the passenger front floor board. Internet quick search says sunroof drain tubes were a common issue.
    A piece of braided cable can be handy for cleaning out blocked sunroof drain tubes

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Well poop. Went to grab something out of the car and found hard rain delivered a few inches of water in the passenger front floor board. Internet quick search says sunroof drain tubes were a common issue.
    Indeed, i siliconed mine and never had another problem. They never got clogged, they just come disconnected by the A pillar. Mine was the drivers side, leaked right on the electrical connector for the gas pedal and threw the car into limp mode every time it rained or went through a car wash. That was a fun one to diagnose.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

I feel your pain. The Commander had this happen a couple times. The first being about 2 days after I bought it. Heavy storm while at work, came out to sponge floors. Drove it straight to the dealership. My first vehicle with sunroof, and my last.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    July 5th. Summer is going fast. The kids are back in school late this month for Gods sake. That’s just wrong.
    My take on the "balanced" school schedules is that it's a big stinking pile of hooey. While we were out playing in the sun having a grand time and learning all sorts of social skills, the kids who hated summer and lived indoors took charge and turned the whole thing up side down. It puts a real strain on any sort of family vacation time and sure as hell doesn't allow kids to be kids when the sun is shining.

My daughter, who is now a high school teacher, loves the schedule as it allows her time throughout the year to decompress and maintain her sanity.

So, as much as I hate what's happened to summer time for kids and families, I totally understand how it benefits the teachers.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I gently use compressed air to blow the drain tube for the sunroof on the Expedition. Usually every spring and fall

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom