THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Which would you pick if you didn’t already have either. A CZ 75B or a Witness in 45 acp? Both are in good used condition for the same price. No other suggestions allowed unless it is CZ(ish) for $450 or less.

Edit: Or 3rd option: Spend the money on training classes (and ammo) if you’ve never taken a class.
    If I didnt already have either then I would get the 75B.
    I would say that taking a class is very good. There is a lot of information to be processed. Even if you were to already know it all it would still be a good refresher.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Which would you pick if you didn’t already have either. A CZ 75B or a Witness in 45 acp? Both are in good used condition for the same price. No other suggestions allowed unless it is CZ(ish) for $450 or less.

Edit: Or 3rd option: Spend the money on training classes (and ammo) if you’ve never taken a class.
    I am anxiously awaiting Jason the LPD rangemaster (jrm) to release this years schedule. Just looked it up, he posted it mid February last year. He really pulls in some big names.
    So I might lean that way.

But it also depends what you want to do with the guns, or the experience.

Is the Witness even heavier than the 75B? That might be a consideration, positive or negative.

There is no wrong answer, really.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    @Firehawk

If I had neither, I would go with the 75B. Why? It is an iconic firearm that has secured a place in firearms history and development. If you look at firearms as more than "just a tool", experiencing history through ownership is a net positive.

Then shortly thereafter I would buy a Witness 45 or a CZ 97....both are large fairly heavy guns compared to a CZ75B.

Your preference in ammo costs, recoil, grip size, handgun weight, aftermarket support etc. may balance the equation towards the Witness first or tilt it further to the 75.
    This is no wrong answer, really.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Do you have anything in .45 already? The 75B isn't hard to find around. The Witness .45 doesn't pop up all that often. I vote Witness for pure enjoyment of a soft shooting .45acp. One of my favorite handguns currently and I fondle it often.

20221227_234210.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Decided I really didn’t like the blocky grip shape on the H&R revolver and was disappointed that I gave up at the end so easily. So, I started working on reshaping them around 10pm and finished about 2am. About an hour of that time was fixing a slight gap at the top between the panels. The shape is WAY better now and I'm happy I did it. Gave them a coat of black stain that came out as an interesting rustic look. I'll cover them with urethane later today.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Do you have anything in .45 already? The 75B isn't hard to find around. The Witness .45 doesn't pop up all that often. I vote Witness for pure enjoyment of a soft shooting .45acp. One of my favorite handguns currently and I fondle it often.

View attachment 248444
    I’m a 1911 guy. It’s what I learned to shoot on. But I have found myself in a rare season of life without a 45. My 2.5 1911s I currently have are 9mm and 38 Super. It feels a bit rebellious/backwards to only have 1911s in 9mm/38 but get something CZish in 45! But then again, if I want a 45 maybe I should hold out for another 1911. If only I could just buy them all! But… I am due for a mid life crisis soon!

(note to self: stop drinking evening coffee)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Decided I really didn’t like the blocky grip shape on the H&R revolver and was disappointed that I gave up at the end so easily. So, I started working on reshaping them around 10pm and finished about 2am. About an hour of that time was fixing a slight gap at the top between the panels. The shape is WAY better now and I'm happy I did it. Gave them a coat of black stain that came out as an interesting rustic look. I'll cover them with urethane later today.
    :postpics:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    He makes a fair point but then a discussion of his 3 am fondling preferences just ruined it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

View attachment 248444
    Solid logic.
    That’s a beautiful gun.

Every time I see one of those I realize how dumb I was.
    The Witness was my very first handgun purchase.

I traded it back in because I just didn’t know what I had. Ol’ Ron (original owner of the Sheridan store) kinda threw his pearls before swine on that one, and I sure didn’t use my brain.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Seems many of us had a late night last night.
    I sat down at the work table about 8 and finally got to my FN5.7 project; I had bought a red dot adapter plate for it but it was not the best to begin with, stupid tall, and cracked the thing it was mounted to pretty quickly.
    Turns out complete rear sight assemblies are not easy to get, so I decided I would direct mount a red dot to that slide or ruin it trying.

Got it all apart, and now studying just how to proceed. It will be some combination of milling and tig welding a plate on for the mount, and then making room in that weird plastic cover they have on there.
    C50EECDC-37B4-41BB-9945-7AC8963D923A.jpeg

From there I started and finished an - ok don’t laugh too hard - an appendix holster for the SP 01 Tactical. Never done one start to finish in one setting, but wanted it for this morning.

757B50CF-084F-438F-863B-DC371421D6E8.jpeg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

I would go with the 75B. That's a classic CZ, IMHO. :twocents:

GM all. Monday happened fast....

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

I have both and would go with the 75B.

But I would go with a preB transitional over a B.

Just my preference.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’m a 1911 guy. It’s what I learned to shoot on. But I have found myself in a rare season of life without a 45. My 2.5 1911s I currently have are 9mm and 38 Super. It feels a bit rebellious/backwards to only have 1911s in 9mm/38 but get something CZish in 45! But then again, if I want a 45 maybe I should hold out for another 1911. If only I could just buy them all! But… I am due for a mid life crisis soon!

(note to self: stop drinking evening coffee)
    I'd get a 1911 in .45 then. I cut my teeth on the forbidden fruit called G**** and while I had some 1911's here and there, they never really grew on me until we lost Churchmouse. Now I have 4 of them and no forbidden fruit. I see why CM loved the 1911, it's a fun platform for the tinkering man.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom