THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'd pay money for eight hours of sleep. I seem to have gotten into this routine of 3 hours of sleep...1-2 hours of wide awake and then broken sleep.

It is probably just the excitement of getting a couple black powder pistols?
    My nights run about the same, except I get 2 hours in 2 hours up until I get up usually between 0530 and 0630.

I've been trying melatonin started with 3mg I'm now taking 12mg and its finally starting to help.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    @Firehawk I think you were kind of looking at these?

That’s the exact one I was looking at. Held it, fondled it, pulled the trigger in SA and DA, asked questions about it, stared at it, thought about it… saw it on their website this morning (was looking at it probably when you posted lol). Thought “man that looks sharp. And 10mm.” But money…

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    That’s the exact one I was looking at. Held it, fondled it, pulled the trigger in SA and DA, asked questions about it, stared at it, thought about it… saw it on their website this morning (was looking at it probably when you posted lol). Thought “man that looks sharp. And 10mm.” But money…
    Yes, that last step gets me every time! Especially when I could use that money "more responsibly" whatever that means. LOL

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks. Out running this morning with mama and mini me. Breakfast and menards. Finishing coffee while planning/researching stuff for our Yukon build. Then it’s outside for some wood cutting to finish a house project. Or at least get closer to finishing it..
    Yukon? Pictures?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yukon? Pictures?
    We purchased this super clean 2003 Yukon XL back when gas was about $1.30 a gal… When fuel shot up, we parked it and got my wife a fuel efficient vehicle that worked with our budget and only drove it on trips. This year we’ve decided to enjoy life a little more, cut back slightly on the monthly house payment, which only pushes us back about a year and a half on our payoff date, so we can go on more adventures and drive this nice big comfy rig.

14DB153A-A966-46EB-991E-654B7C62EE88.jpeg

So I’ve been doing maintenance repairs and a bunch of research about some modifications to make it more capable off road. Plan is to take it on a nice week long primitive camping adventure and explore the Ozark Mountains as we visit with her dad in Arkansas in June.

I can’t stand tents and setup, so the plan is to sleep in the truck, which requires making a loft bed for the girls. I’ve got a plan and some wood. What could possibly go wrong? Lol

Other plans include a small lift, bigger tires and if the budget allows a winch just in case… as well as a list of other small items to make it up to snuff.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Not a Staccato… Congrats by the way @ChrisK that looks amazing!

Got the Warren Tactical sights finished up and Frankenstein #2 is officially together. But I still have to blend and blue the ejector and extractor. I like these sights. I like the small fiber optic dot (I know… I might regret that in 15-20 years). I also like the more open sight concept. I never really liked the big blocky rear sights and felt like they cover too much of the target. I always wondered why more sights didn’t have the corners cut down to less obstruct the view. That’s what theses sight aim (no pun intended) to do. And at around $45 I feel like they are a great value. Of course sights never turn out in pics right but I tried my best.

Citadel frame, Remington slide, and various other quality parts from EGW, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, and Briley.

1674927379092.jpeg
    1674927423953.jpeg
    1674927472470.jpeg
    1674927519293.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom