The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Nice Howa indeed. I need to get a small caliber CF bolt gun. Did yours come with the Legacy Int'l DBM from factory? I had one in .308 (Hogue stock) for a time and eventually upgraded. Knob too.

My scope/bore height is determined by its purpose. Target rifles usually get higher rings and a cheek pad. Hunting rigs stay low as applicable.

I'm surprised the Wolf Gold did as well as it did. I've had less than stellar results with it myself.
    Yes, factory DBM setup, but it's all plastic. The factory stock is made by HTI and has aluminum pillars. I've read tons of complaints of the factory plastic cracking when torqueing the action screws. There are two companies making an aluminum trigger guard/magwell: DIP and Jefferson Outdoor. The Jefferson Outdoor route has two options, use the factory Howa plastic magazine (just like DIP) or you can buy a setup that uses a CZ 527 metal magazine. I chose DIP because I have no issues with the factory magazine (unless I work the bolt too slowly) and I liked the shape of the trigger guard more than the Jefferson models.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Yes, factory DBM setup, but it's all plastic. The factory stock is made by HTI and has aluminum pillars. I've read tons of complaints of the factory plastic cracking when torqueing the action screws. There are two companies making an aluminum trigger guard/magwell: DIP and Jefferson Outdoor. The Jefferson Outdoor route has two options, use the factory Howa plastic magazine (just like DIP) or you can buy a setup that uses a CZ 527 metal magazine. I chose DIP because I have no issues with the factory magazine (unless I work the bolt too slowly) and I liked the shape of the trigger guard more than the Jefferson models.

I was not too fond of the plastic magwell/guard either. Didnt seem stout.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I think we are gonna go buy a Roku today. What does everyone else use for a streaming device? Service? Our Firestick is about 10 years old and it’s constantly not working… Google says Roku is the best rated.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Yeah, that?

More vegetables and less braunshweiger?

Way I figure it's a 2fer; I consume veg's through the meat of the animal that ate them. Even for a Kraut, I never cared for braunschweiger. Or Weiswurst.

Braunschweiger…. mmmmmmmm that’s a delicacy in my family. Spread on mini rye breads with mustard. Mmmmmmmmmm

Rye and mustard is a staple food. Throw some hard salami on that slab and you are leiderhosen official.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Gun Talk ! (it happens every now and then 'round these parts)

As it happens, I've been gunnin' for one of these scopes, as I'm over-the-top crazy about Japanese glass. I have one of SWFA's fixed 10X scopes, and love it, but it's just not enough magnification for the more capable rifle.

So .... whala .... Black Friday Special from SWFA, and I jumped on it . The 20X scope, with nice extras. Mine is on order !
    Link: https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-20x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope-3.html

Very simple reticle, which is easier for me to see (than the typical LR Christmas-tree reticles).
    Love this one !
    reticle_mq-20x_sub.png

So I'm putting you long-range Gala Event competition participants on notice ..... I've thrown-down-the-gauntlet ! :cool:
    Pick up a copy of Strelok Pro, then run your most accurate round past Tarzans Labradar. It will let you generate some pretty useful reference images of the hold over for that optic like this one for my G4i reticle on the Sig 716
    c9b4d5c73772d6334c03c8975e801d7c.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think we are gonna go buy a Roku today. What does everyone else use for a streaming device? Service? Our Firestick is about 10 years old and it’s constantly not working… Google says Roku is the best rated.

Our upstairs TV uses a Roku Ultra in order to stream at 4k. We have problems with it fairly often (stops responding and needs to be hard booted). Alternatively downstairs I use the lower end Nvidia Shield, which is based on Android. I prefer it myself. The one feature it has that Roku doesn't is bluetooth support. Doesn't sound that important, but being able to put on a pair of headphones and listen to TV when everyone else is asleep, or listening to other things has worked out really well in our household. It's more expensive, but worth it to me. The one thing I hate is that they've done an update that now constantly has ads on the home screen. I hate that :poop:.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom