The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I just got a fed ex notice for delivery today. I have no idea what it is. Lol

Kinda like waiting for Santa Claus.

Now that I type this, could be primers I ordered Wednesday but on a Sunday? Dang. They must be really behind.
    Surprises !?!?.....exciting !

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m planning on heading down to HHRP at about 2pm this afternoon if anyone is wanting to meet up there. I think I’ll try to run some .308 reloads through my chrono to get a temp variation reading.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thank you all for the advice on the streaming devices. We’ve got a 10 year old 60” flatscreen, which is thick compared to the stuff out now, but I did invest in a nice Bose amp and speakers at that time too… the budget will only allow for a more affordable streaming stick, which I guess will have to do. I’ve been told.:nono:
    Got a mixture. Currently a smart TV in the living room, that also has an Xbox One (with all kinds of streaming apps) connected to it as well, but mostly use the smart TV streaming apps there.

An old plasma down stairs with an Xbox One attached to it for streaming apps.

Then a firestick connected to an old LCD in a bedroom which will be moved to spare bedroom soon as I have another smart TV going in there as soon as my electrician friend adds a power outlet higher on the wall, so I can mount the TV to the wall.

They all serve pretty well and I haven't had any real issues with any of them really. I do think some of the streaming apps are written better than others and may be responsible for some of the issues people see. For example HBO max seems like a poorly written app, vs Disney + and Netflix both seem to cache extremely well and work well.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I am fi he’s with both days of recording so far. So I am up to speed on what led up to some of the serious issues that came later. No spoilers from me.
    Watched Season 4 episode 2 last night. Episode 5 drops tonight. Going slow to kind of ration my Yellowstone. It is never boring!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’m planning on heading down to HHRP at about 2pm this afternoon if anyone is wanting to meet up there. I think I’ll try to run some .308 reloads through my chrono to get a temp variation reading.
    Wow..... wish that I was able to join you on this sunny day ! :thumbsup:
    However, FedEx is supposed to deliver my new guitar today (signature required), so I'm perched by the front door.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I think we are gonna go buy a Roku today. What does everyone else use for a streaming device? Service? Our Firestick is about 10 years old and it’s constantly not working… Google says Roku is the best rated.
    We just got this:

Amazon product ASIN B09BKCDXZC
    working well so far. We just moved to Philo, Paramount + and an antenna, share HBOMax with the SIL (haven’t even looked at it) and are on our nieces Disney+ Spending less than half what we were with Commiecrap.

Edit:

Has volume control on the remote so don’t need 2 remotes, put it in the wife’s sewing room. Our big screen is a 2 yo ‘smart’ TV and so far has been great at streaming. Also forgot we have Amazon Prime as well.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Ditto. Good app to start and stop with.

Total game changer for the weekend long distance shooter.

These dang new fangled ‘puters sure can be nice.

Who has one of these?

37095bdcf12c61c8985380209f698fa0.jpg

Mildot should be banned. It's for the military. Civilians have no justifiable use for it.

Besides, its like metrics to my brain. I can use either but my brain translates both to inches. MOA FTW. :stickpoke:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Easy there big guy. I ordered a 10-60x56 yesterday. :D
    And I thought a 36× was too much.. you do know that the horizon is the limit of a shot yes? Well unless you go all gps and 'puter oriented but doubt thats affordable even for a player like yourself.. I could be wrong though, it does happen occasionally..

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Oh and all women think 3.6 is better than 1.046. More is always more better to them no matter if it's lenght, width, height or girth. More is more better.. ask a woman.

MIL is more precise imho..

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Went with a Roku Express today. Guess we will see how it goes. Happy so far. Share Netflix with my parents, I’ve been wanting to start watching Yellowstone, so I needed to try something else. I think I’m gonna do a monthly of Peacock so I can catch the first 3 seasons. I’m also doing a trial of Paramount to catch the new season if I get to it…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Decided to get a welder and convert the small barn into a machine area. I'll move stuff out of the garage to give the gardener more plant area and figure some sort of heat for the winter out there. My resto work is requiring welding and machine work beyond my current abilities so It's time to expand on those skills.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom