• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Yeah so let me preface this by saying i dont belive in the supernatural. After today I think my new house is haunted. Ive heard thuds and weird noises while working on it that i checked up to the dogs or Mrs.BRC or something. Its an old pre 1900 school or church or something with newer additions, I picked up for less than what the land and front shop is worth. House is quite clapped but the layout is nice and its solid.
    View attachment 163250 (Zillow had a better pic it’s definitely not snowing yet) note old side and newer addition. Also i just noticed those 2nd floor windows were boarded up when this picture was taken. Interesting.

Today I got a bunch of blue PEX off my boss that we had leftover after the move so i hauled it over. Started hacking out the old busted pvc and copper that had busted from sitting empty for who knows how many winters. About 6:30 Mrs.BRC and 2 dogs head home to start super so it was just me and Clyde (older male retriever). Clyde was laying there napping while i finagle pvc out from under the bathroom crawl space thing when i hear heavy footsteps from what sounded like the second floor and a door shut. This place has old school real deal hardwood floors throughout so sound really travels.

Definitely to heavy to be Mrs.BRC (110lbs at most). Clyde jumps up and runs up the stairs to greet someone, i call him back, drawl my gun, and jet upstairs. The door separating the old and new sections of the house on the second floor is shut. I open that back up, clear the two bedrooms, clear the attic, find nothing. Mention it to Mrs.BRC when i get home, apparently her and her sister have both heard the same thing multiple times and when they check that same door will be shut.

Anyway, yeah fun times... might just “cleanse it through fire” (burn it down) and park my mobile home next to the shop. My blood pressure still ain’t right after that and i probably sound like ive lost my marbles. Back to CZ and .22 stuff.
    Ugh! I'm glad that I just read this instead of reading it last night!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I know absolutely nothing of the houses history aside from whats public record and the front (big nice) shop was built in 2011. My uncle bought it off a bank a while back and sold it to me recently. Aside from a couple birds and what seems like every single spider in Noble county, i havent seen any wildlife in the house.

Wonder if IN has a ghost hunter club :scratch:. Never heard of those.

Same now, 2 days ago not so much.
    I was talking with a minister a long time ago and he was telling me about one encounter that he saw first-hand. He said that a friend of his was going to burn down an old shed on his property for the same reasons that you mentioned. He said he and the other guy were standing there and when the fire got going well that three raccoons ran out of the building and began screaming at them and then the raccoons ran back into the burning building. There is definitely a supernatural world.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...when i hear heavy footsteps from what sounded like the second floor and a door shut. This place has old school real deal hardwood floors throughout so sound really travels...

I've always liked the looks of the old school houses.

Remove the door, install good carpet and padding, problem solved.

When I hear weird **** at night I usually hiss and threaten to tear its head off and spit down the hole. Yeah, it's a hollow threat but makes me feel all warm and snuggly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    T
    I could explain the rest of your list with stories about my Dad. The older I get, the more I understand the man, the more I realize the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
    The apple usually falls straight down and maybe rolls a bit. It took me years to shake off both my parents and to this day in certain circumstances they pop out. I hate it.

As to spirits and things near impossible to explain from a rational mind I have has 2 that make me think differently about this.

Then there was the mushroom experience in Arizona that I hung out with an Indian medicine man for a while............:lmfao:

I kid I kid.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I was talking with a minister a long time ago and he was telling me about one encounter that he saw first-hand. He said that a friend of his was going to burn down an old shed on his property for the same reasons that you mentioned. He said he and the other guy were standing there and when the fire got going well that three raccoons ran out of the building and began screaming at them and then the raccoons ran back into the burning building. There is definitely a supernatural world.
    Yep. Seems to be the general consensus that there is supernatural things that happen. I was a groundskeeper for a cemetery all throughout highschool, i figured if something was going to happen it wouldve been when i was cleaning out catacombs in the fall or digging holes late at night for a funeral the next day. Not in some random house. Does kinda explain the price though.
    I've always liked the looks of the old school houses.

Remove the door, install good carpet and padding, problem solved.

When I hear weird **** at night I usually hiss and threaten to tear its head off and spit down the hole. Yeah, it's a hollow threat but makes me feel all warm and snuggly.
    I was going to take that door off anyway but the wood floors i was going to recover . Theyd clean up nice with some work.

When i hear weird things i chalk it up to living in a trailer park, closest neighbor to the new place is a solid 1/4 mile. Purple arrow is mine.
    7C57B1AF-4439-463A-A7F3-3C35E661A093.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. Seems to be the general consensus that there is supernatural things that happen. I was a groundskeeper for a cemetery all throughout highschool, i figured if something was going to happen it wouldve been when i was cleaning out catacombs in the fall or digging holes late at night for a funeral the next day. Not in some random house. Does kinda explain the price though.

I was going to take that door off anyway but the wood floors i was going to recover. Theyd clean up nice with some work.
    According to Sam and Dean Winchester pour some salt across the door threshold and keep it in that room.....:):

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I was working on installing new wiring on the utility trailer last night. I got it wired up as per the instructions, but the lights were very dim and when I turned the headlights on then the trailer lights went off completely. Google told me that it was a grounding issue. I went through all of the grounds and made sure they had good connections, but still no help. I then found someone who mentioned that if the trailer tilts then the lights need to ground at the tongue where the original main ground is located. So I ran a temporary cable from one of the lights to the main ground and it lit up and worked correctly! So then I ran the left and right grounds through the frame back to the front, installed the courtesy lights and wired them and around 1am this morning it all worked! It was difficult for me to go to sleep though because I was so excited.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Good to hear the trailer is coming together Ben.
    Yes! I've been working on it all week. Sanding, painting, oiling, and then last night was the wiring. I picked up the wood for it and have made some cuts, but still more to do. I am very close to putting the floor down, but I didn't want to do any of that until the wiring was set. Once I get it all together I'll post some pics of it. This is a very fun project, but wow it's a lot of work. It's nice to have fun work :)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    According to Sam and Dean Winchester pour some salt across the door threshold and keep it in that room.....:):
    Red Brick dust is standard Haitian hoodoo practice. And if found, leave the puzzle box alone!

(Late) morning all. Getting as much done as possible so we can go play tomorrow at the Fort.
    a8484badaa0f3f78b8d879799d2f3be1.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom