Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yeah so let me preface this by saying i dont belive in the supernatural. After today I think my new house is haunted. Ive heard thuds and weird noises while working on it that i checked up to the dogs or Mrs.BRC or something. Its an old pre 1900 school or church or something with newer additions, I picked up for less than what the land and front shop is worth. House is quite clapped but the layout is nice and its solid.
    View attachment 163250 (Zillow had a better pic it’s definitely not snowing yet) note old side and newer addition. Also i just noticed those 2nd floor windows were boarded up when this picture was taken. Interesting.

Today I got a bunch of blue PEX off my boss that we had leftover after the move so i hauled it over. Started hacking out the old busted pvc and copper that had busted from sitting empty for who knows how many winters. About 6:30 Mrs.BRC and 2 dogs head home to start super so it was just me and Clyde (older male retriever). Clyde was laying there napping while i finagle pvc out from under the bathroom crawl space thing when i hear heavy footsteps from what sounded like the second floor and a door shut. This place has old school real deal hardwood floors throughout so sound really travels.

Definitely to heavy to be Mrs.BRC (110lbs at most). Clyde jumps up and runs up the stairs to greet someone, i call him back, drawl my gun, and jet upstairs. The door separating the old and new sections of the house is shut, so i open that back up, clear the two bedrooms, clear the attic, find nothing. Mention it to Mrs.BRC when i get home, apparently her and her sister have both heard the same thing multiple times and when they check that same door will be shut.

Anyway, yeah fun times... might just “cleanse it through fire” (burn it down) and park my mobile home next to the shop. My blood pressure still ain’t right after that and i probably sound like ive lost my marbles. Back to CZ and .22 stuff.
    Who ya gonna call?

1634294479412.png

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The thought crossed my mind, dang number was out of service.
    Seriously though, reading what you experienced made the hair on my neck stand up. That kind of stuff freaks me out.

Years ago, after my wife's mother passed away, our stereo in the living room began to turn on by itself at random. Her mother loved music. Talk about scaring the **** out of me.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The thought crossed my mind, dang number was out of service.
    I have the opportunity to enter vacant and/or abandoned structures on a somewhat regular basis. Chipmunks, squirrels, possums, raccoons, birds and bats have make some bizarre noises in empty places before. I have learned to open doors while standing behind them....Random drug addicts from time to time. Yesterday it was a frog that jumped into a poorly constructed sump pit in a very dark and dirty service basement.

or

It could be the tormented spirit of Hobo Clyde seeking to return to the scene of his crimes. I am sure you were told the story about the demise of the family that lived there during the depression era?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yeah so let me preface this by saying i dont belive in the supernatural. After today I think my new house is haunted. Ive heard thuds and weird noises while working on it that i checked up to the dogs or Mrs.BRC or something. Its an old pre 1900 school or church or something with newer additions, I picked up for less than what the land and front shop is worth. House is quite clapped but the layout is nice and its solid.
    View attachment 163250 (Zillow had a better pic it’s definitely not snowing yet) note old side and newer addition. Also i just noticed those 2nd floor windows were boarded up when this picture was taken. Interesting.

Today I got a bunch of blue PEX off my boss that we had leftover after the move so i hauled it over. Started hacking out the old busted pvc and copper that had busted from sitting empty for who knows how many winters. About 6:30 Mrs.BRC and 2 dogs head home to start super so it was just me and Clyde (older male retriever). Clyde was laying there napping while i finagle pvc out from under the bathroom crawl space thing when i hear heavy footsteps from what sounded like the second floor and a door shut. This place has old school real deal hardwood floors throughout so sound really travels.

Definitely to heavy to be Mrs.BRC (110lbs at most). Clyde jumps up and runs up the stairs to greet someone, i call him back, drawl my gun, and jet upstairs. The door separating the old and new sections of the house is shut, so i open that back up, clear the two bedrooms, clear the attic, find nothing. Mention it to Mrs.BRC when i get home, apparently her and her sister have both heard the same thing multiple times and when they check that same door will be shut.

Anyway, yeah fun times... might just “cleanse it through fire” (burn it down) and park my mobile home next to the shop. My blood pressure still ain’t right after that and i probably sound like ive lost my marbles. Back to CZ and .22 stuff.

A buddy of mine has a bar that was built in the late 1800s on the near east side of town. When he first bought it, it was haunted. He’d spend the night there on occasion in the small upstairs office and after it was closed, and he’d be doing the books late at night, he’d hear guys playing pool downstairs. But when he checked it out, nobody was there. His wife said that she would briefly see guys around the pool table when she was tending the bar but when the bar was empty.

Then they remodeled and it all stopped.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    A buddy of mine has a bar that was built in the late 1800s on the near east side of town. When he first bought it, it was haunted. He’d spend the night there on occasion in the small upstairs office and after it was closed, and he’d be doing the books late at night, he’d hear guys playing pool downstairs. But when he checked it out, nobody was there. His wife said that she would briefly see guys around the pool table when she was tending the bar but when the bar was empty.

Then they remodeled and it all stopped.
    Yep thats creepy, ive heard things like that but was never convinced ghosts were real. Bout to get a gallon of holy water and some flex seal. Gonna be the inventor of the 12ga ghost load.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    BIL bought an old farmhouse in MA. Lots of weird stuff. Called the MA ghost hunter club. They poured some salt in the attic. Burned some candles. Planted some strawberries and tobacco in a small patch outside. Did some other things. No more weird stuff.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    GM all. I don't envy some your sleeping habits, had weird dreams all night. Didn't sleep well at all, have a lot to get done today.

That is some strange stuff, BRC... The only remnants of the past we have in our house, is the room the last people used for "recreational" smoking. We scrubbed the heck out of that room, still get a whiff every now and then.

On a positive note, it's Friday!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    BIL bought an old farmhouse in MA. Lots of weird stuff. Called the MA ghost hunter club. They poured some salt in the attic. Burned some candles. Planted some strawberries and tobacco in a small patch outside. Did some other things. No more weird stuff.
    Well no more weird stuff other than the attic smelling like salt and the strawberries tasting like tobacco, but I guess you have to pick your battles.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I am sure you were told the story about the demise of the family that lived there during the depression era?
    I know absolutely nothing of the houses history aside from whats public record and the front (big nice) shop was built in 2011. My uncle bought it off a bank a while back and sold it to me recently. Aside from a couple birds and what seems like every single spider in Noble county, i havent seen any wildlife in the house.
    Wonder if IN has a ghost hunter club :scratch:. Never heard of those.
    That kind of stuff freaks me out.
    Same now, 2 days ago not so much.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The gardener tells me my snoring is loud enough to wake the dead so I would imagine that has something to do with my not experiencing those things. The spirits have long since moved on.;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom