• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Then for .22 cal outside to outside minus 1/4".

If'n you kin cover the group with a dime at 50 yds, you're doin something right.
    The dime must be used at the target not from where you were shooting. You can't shoot and then pull out a dime from where you were shooting to see if it covers the target. Though if you use this method and the dime doesn't cover the target then you definitely need more practice! LOL

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The dime must be used at the target not from where you were shooting. You can't shoot and then pull out a dime from where you were shooting to see if it covers the target. Though if you use this method and the dime doesn't cover the target then you definitely need more practice! LOL
    You're definitely thinking too hard. :lmfao:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Yeah so let me preface this by saying i dont belive in the supernatural. After today I think my new house is haunted. Ive heard thuds and weird noises while working on it that i checked up to the dogs or Mrs.BRC or something. Its an old pre 1900 school or church or something with newer additions, I picked up for less than what the land and front shop is worth. House is quite clapped but the layout is nice and its solid.
    3148C86B-0EC4-4D01-8C84-3C0708C8F9A4.jpeg (Zillow had a better pic it’s definitely not snowing yet) note old side and newer addition. Also i just noticed those 2nd floor windows were boarded up when this picture was taken. Interesting.

Today I got a bunch of blue PEX off my boss that we had leftover after the move so i hauled it over. Started hacking out the old busted pvc and copper that had busted from sitting empty for who knows how many winters. About 6:30 Mrs.BRC and 2 dogs head home to start super so it was just me and Clyde (older male retriever). Clyde was laying there napping while i finagle pvc out from under the bathroom crawl space thing when i hear heavy footsteps from what sounded like the second floor and a door shut. This place has old school real deal hardwood floors throughout so sound really travels.

Definitely to heavy to be Mrs.BRC (110lbs at most). Clyde jumps up and runs up the stairs to greet someone, i call him back, drawl my gun, and jet upstairs. The door separating the old and new sections of the house on the second floor is shut. I open that back up, clear the two bedrooms, clear the attic, find nothing. Mention it to Mrs.BRC when i get home, apparently her and her sister have both heard the same thing multiple times and when they check that same door will be shut.

Anyway, yeah fun times... might just “cleanse it through fire” (burn it down) and park my mobile home next to the shop. My blood pressure still ain’t right after that and i probably sound like ive lost my marbles. Back to CZ and .22 stuff.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Fall property taxes paid on personal residence. Ugh.

At least they are repaving my street this fall....
    We get to pay two property tax bills (residence, and cabin) ! :ugh:

The tax man is always waiting .... his hand extended .... every purchase, every transaction, inescapable !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yeah so let me preface this by saying i dont belive in the supernatural. After today I think my new house is haunted. Ive heard thuds and weird noises while working on it that i checked up to the dogs or Mrs.BRC or something. Its an old pre 1900 school or church or something with newer additions, I picked up for less than what the land and front shop is worth. House is quite clapped but the layout is nice and its solid.
    View attachment 163250 (Zillow had a better pic it’s definitely not snowing yet) note old side and newer addition. Also i just noticed those 2nd floor windows were boarded up when this picture was taken. Interesting.

Today I got a bunch of blue PEX off my boss that we had leftover after the move so i hauled it over. Started hacking out the old busted pvc and copper that had busted from sitting empty for who knows how many winters. About 6:30 Mrs.BRC and 2 dogs head home to start super so it was just me and Clyde (older male retriever). Clyde was laying there napping while i finagle pvc out from under the bathroom crawl space thing when i hear heavy footsteps from what sounded like the second floor and a door shut. This place has old school real deal hardwood floors throughout so sound really travels.

Definitely to heavy to be Mrs.BRC (110lbs at most). Clyde jumps up and runs up the stairs to greet someone, i call him back, drawl my gun, and jet upstairs. The door separating the old and new sections of the house is shut, so i open that back up, clear the two bedrooms, clear the attic, find nothing. Mention it to Mrs.BRC when i get home, apparently her and her sister have both heard the same thing multiple times and when they check that same door will be shut.

Anyway, yeah fun times... might just “cleanse it through fire” (burn it down) and park my mobile home next to the shop. My blood pressure still ain’t right after that and i probably sound like ive lost my marbles. Back to CZ and .22 stuff.

It could very well be some type of entity in the house, IMO.
    I try to keep an open mind to such things.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    It could very well be some type of entity in the house, IMO.
    I try to keep an open mind to such things.
    At 27 i keep an open mind because ive got alot to experience still or so told. However im not living with whatever that was. If I cant find a logical explanation before we pass the point of no return i might actually wind up having the local fd out for a training session / control burn. Im not living with entities that sound like that.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    At 27 i keep an open mind because ive got alot to experience still or so told. However im not living with whatever that was. If I cant find a logical explanation before we pass the point of no return i might actually wind up having the local fd out for a training session / control burn. Im not living with entities that sound like that.
    Understandable. :thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nope. Fire. Or assume geocentric orbit and nuke the ****er.
    if the dog heard it then yes it’s for real. Not sure what it is but yeah. The 2 options I gave above.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fall property taxes paid on personal residence. Ugh.

At least they are repaving my street this fall....
    If we as subjects were to write 1 check for everything we pay a tax on and I mean everything just once a year this **** would slow down for sure. Property taxes. Fuel and road use. Plates. Sales tax. Liquor taxes. Income for Feds to state and local. And the hundred other taxes that are hidden from us.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Never had an "experience" of any kind in 38 years. I don't disbelieve, just not entirely sold on the veracity of the matter.

Also, if the fire doesn't work we can purge the evil with blood. The chickens were chosen, so there's goats left. Lol.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    This is a copy and paste from a recent conversation I had on this topic...

First off, understand when I measure a group I am most likely off several thousands. I try to error not in my favor to be honest with myself.

After years of measuring groups I have a pretty good feel for where the center of a bullet hole would be even if I can only make out a small portion of its outer edge. Measure several groups where the individual holes are clear and you will quickly develop the same feel for where the center of a hole is from just a fraction of it's edge being identifiable.

Another method is to measure out to out on the holes and subtract one bullet diameter (barrel ID) to get center to center. This works best with heavy tagboard targets and wadcutter bullets that provide a truer picture of the hole diameters. With .22LR and other round nose bullets the paper is pushed out of the way and closes back in some. I often use targets printed on copy paper and it is the worst for this. I just measured some .22 holes in copy paper and measuring out to the black smear the bullet leaves, I was getting readings of 0.18-0.19" whereas the actual bore diameter for .22LR should be in the 0.221"-.222" range. With tagboard targets (the heavy paper manila ones) you will get a more accurate hole size. So even with this method you have to develop a feel for it. Measure a couple of clean bullet holes on your target and subtract that from your out-to-out measurement.

A third way many shooters are using (I haven't yet) is by using any of several apps to take a photo and manually placing circles to represent each shoot as best as you can.

I'm most comfortable at this point directly measuring my best guesstimate of center to center.

Hope this is of some help.
    I have an app or 2 but it's kind of cumbersome. I don't get the volume of shooting done to be overly critical of myself so I rarely take numbers. 2-3 moa, depending on caliber, is my base standard to be an effective hunter. Beyond that I lack the consistency to maintain groups like you with any regularity. $12 pair of Harbor Freight digital calipers usually serve as a vessel of my disappointment. I measure out to out and deduct caliber.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    If we as subjects were to write 1 heck for everything we pay a tax on and I mean everything just once a year this **** would slow down for sure. Property taxes. Fuel and road use. Plates. Sales tax. Liquor taxes. Income from. Feds to state and local. And the hundred other taxes that are hidden from us.
    I've told those grubby morons at the IRS twice to stop sending me $ and screwing me later, but no. GD pirates.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Afternoon all, looked at a couple of Rami’s today. Decided the size was not enough smaller than my 75 D PCR to invest in one for EDC.
    saw a used Chzechmate while I was out. Sweet, but I don’t compete and would be divorced I if I came home with one.

Keeping CM in all my prayers.

where were the Rami's & Cmate..?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom