churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good Morning : My People..!!

Well, the day after the nurse prac stated I had bacterial non-virus my beautiful wife

STILL wanted me to get dusted for 'Rona.

Ok - another trip to Madison (25 miles) and am there a whole 2 minutes.

Driving back I get the call on the test results.

Na - Na - Na - Na - NEGATIVE..!!

So I go home watch a cool movie and hit the rack @ 7:20 and sleep 11 hours.

I've still got the cold - but and clean-gene from Kung Fu Flu

Shall we shoot..?
    We all just went through/going through this.
    Yes just the G. D. Flu.
    Yes the damned flu is still a real thing and it sucks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been throwing money at my POS19 lately trying to get it done for now. Ordered a Timney trigger a couple weeks ago, and got a bunch of TTI extensions and a magwell for it. Plus i bought the Canik and i have enough set back for when a 17.4 hits the block. Other than that im buying my moms engine today, still just hoarding money for when i find THE dyna. Ive found 3 or 4 from the correct peiod but they weren’t the one. Idk what exactly it is but when i see it, ill know it.

Glad its not the kung flu HB!
    So the engine in Moms car took a :poop:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After I finish off the fresh pot of :coffee: I just ground the beans for I have a dumpster run and a stop at the church to finish up a few wiring issues from the new install project.
    Need to make ready the A/C side of this system.

Picking up an engine crane on the way home and prepping the shop to use it.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    We settled on Dylan. Pre-electric Dylan.
    Decent choice, too. I never really got into Dylan - I guess I like my lyrics to be more hillbilly in nature. Though, "I don't believe you," "Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts," and "Girl from the North Country" are all fantastic songs.

I picked up EGW rail and rings for the Ruger Am. Rimfire. Ordered up a Leupold 2-7x rimfire scope, too. Sure, I could get better glass for the money by buying foreign (and certainly cheaper rings), but it'll be used for daylight squirrel hunting so I don't think premium glass will be so critical. Should get in the EGW rails for the T/C dimensions today. Hoping to get it mounted and sighted in this upcoming weekend.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I have a question for the computer geeks among us. Barb and I are looking to buy a laptop to replace the old tower system. Want it to last as long as possible, be reliable and fast enough to take advantage of the fiber optic interwebz we got. What specs should we look for and what should we expect to spend for a non Apple unit? And where should we buy for best deal?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I switched from guns to overpriced ammo to overpriced and unnecessary range equipment.
    Unless Whirlpool starts making water pistols, I'm hit this week. I got a ship notification from Wilde today. Safe door panel should be here Mon. Can't wait to organize properly.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have a question for the computer geeks among us. Barb and I are looking to buy a laptop to replace the old tower system. Want it to last as long as possible, be reliable and fast enough to take advantage of the fiber optic interwebz we got. What specs should we look for and what should we expect to spend for a non Apple unit? And where should we buy for best deal?
    Finally something I know about. First thing is buy a business class machine. 8 gigs of RAM minimum 16 gigs is better but not necessary. I buy machines with the i7 CPU but i5 will work well, Minimum of 256 gig SSD(solid state drive) 512 gig if you need more space. Remember you can always throw an external drive on it to store things. Make sure you get Win 10 Pro not the Home edition. Lastly I never buy new look at Tiger Direct or Discount Electronics they both have a good selection with decent prices. I perfer HP but the other brands are fine.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

8GB to 16GB of RAM (memory). Core i5 or higher processor. 15" or larger 1080p (or larger) screen. Enough ports to hook up what you want (USB, HDMI, etc). M.2 SSD is preferable to the older SSD's for a bit of a speed bump. I'd get whatever capacity you feel you need 1TB or more of HDD space, unless you feel 500/512GB will do. If you game, you want something with a discrete graphics card that isn't built onto the CPU. Not sure where the best place is to buy. I really don't like the Dell laptop I got a couple years ago and no longer recommend Dell. Amazon seemed to have a lot of decent laptops in stock. I had considered an Asus TUF gaming laptop personally, but have decided to live with what I have for now. I think this was the one I was looking at.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'll most likely keep a PC around for it's speed, keyboard, mouse, multiple monitors, sound quality of speaker system etc. all in one place.

With that said, for pure speed of browsing, portability and connections/control of non computer equipment, the tablet I got a year ago flat out smokes my laptop and the laptop has sat unused as a result.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom