88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I came home from the office to see yesterday morning's post still waiting to hit the submit button. I hate being distracted, but it's quicker to happen as I get older.

Chris: I think you'll be fine using an O ring when dry firing no matter if stock or updated pins are used.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You have a very nice family, not just the CZs.

I have an old beater 85B that I sent down to AllenM in Indy for cerakote. He just sent me a note saying it came out looking great and didn't look like the same gun. It is in gunmetal gray. I'm very excited now. ;)

Very cool! I'm looking forward to shooting my 75 compact tomorrow that the Wizard has worked on :D

The 40P is a safe queen right now. I still get the occasional failure to go into battery with it that irritates me, so I rarely take it to the range. I should take it to the Wizard and have him troubleshoot it for me, but I has no monies... :(

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Very cool! I'm looking forward to shooting my 75 compact tomorrow that the Wizard has worked on :D

The 40P is a safe queen right now. I still get the occasional failure to go into battery with it that irritates me, so I rarely take it to the range. I should take it to the Wizard and have him troubleshoot it for me, but I has no monies... :(

I'm sure he would be happy to look at the 40P without any kind of investment. He does love to tinker and troubleshoot.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks. Rusty gets to visit the dental chair this morning... I usually like going in there, but today is not just a cleaning... It should be a quick in and out, but the nitrous should help. :)

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Scratch came home with me last evening. She isn't quite the beauty queen that the 85 turned out to be but she looks better in person than in the pictures. I blame myself as I did not send her down to AllenM as I knew I should. I decided to go with a local vendor to see how they would do. I won't be making that mistake again.

Did they offer any compensation since they jacked it up?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Scratch turned out great BA. It looks like a factory fresh gun again and I'm sure with a few rounds, it will regain that old, worn in feeling. That is the thing I love about the surplus guns. They have the feel of a well used tool. My compact is getting close to the 4000 round mark and has that feel now too.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Scratch turned out great BA. It looks like a factory fresh gun again and I'm sure with a few rounds, it will regain that old, worn in feeling. That is the thing I love about the surplus guns. They have the feel of a well used tool. My compact is getting close to the 4000 round mark and has that feel now too.

Thanks, that feel is what keeps me going after the surplus guns. Although, it is very cool when you can get a new/modern gun to that point. :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm sure he would be happy to look at the 40P without any kind of investment. He does love to tinker and troubleshoot.

If I remember I might throw it in the trunk to bring along tomorrow. If he wants to tinker with it, he can take his time with it as I know he has other work he's doing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I can bring along some loaded .40 mags.

I have a decent amount of .40 right now as I've been shooting the P229 a lot. I'll bring a box to shoot and bring 100 rounds to give to the Wizard to use while he's troubleshooting. Don't need him burning through his own ammo while playing with my gun ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sorry to hear that the 40P is still having issues WTB. I don't recall having a single issue with mine since moving to the SS guide rod. Are you running the original recoil spring? I can't remember if I swapped mine out or not, but I'll check the next time I'm in the safe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

All this talk of surplus guns has me wanting to get the "OLD" Colt out of the vault.
    I love to shoot it but feel it is at or near the end of it's design duty cycle.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sorry to hear that the 40P is still having issues WTB. I don't recall having a single issue with mine since moving to the SS guide rod. Are you running the original recoil spring? I can't remember if I swapped mine out or not, but I'll check the next time I'm in the safe.

Thanks Tim. I believe it's the original spring, but I don't recall. I took it to the range a couple times and it worked flawlessly, but then a couple trips later it started acting up again. Not sure what's up with it... :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom