The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The few things that I’ve had cerakoted and fun candy applied all pieces come out perfectly smooth. The ones that are a single color have always been a little eggshell texture. Assuming that’s the norm? Not sure if it’s just the clear that gets added after the base coat on the gun candy ones I have but it is my desired texture for sure
    Wow! That gun candy looks like a lot of fun to play with.

Never used it obviously, the texture should just be from the spray air/material mixture I would think. But I’m far from expert, closer to hack on the description.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Wow! That gun candy looks like a lot of fun to play with.

Never used it obviously, the texture should just be from the spray air/material mixture I would think. But I’m far from expert, closer to hack on the description.
    It’s my favorite. I’ve had a shadow 2 and a canik shark fc done with fun candy. I’ll have to get some pics.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Rhino review ..... not the kind that you'd expect.

My youngest daughter and I went to the Indy Zoo for our prepaid Rhino Experience.
    So far, the public has not seen the new 'baby' rhino, as the mother and baby have been separated from the pack since birth.
    This event takes a person to where they are keeping the mother and baby for a close-up look ..... and close-up is an understatement !

Here's the very protective mother, and the new little one. The mother weighs about 4,000 lbs,, and baby weighed 355 lbs. when checked two weeks ago.

(click for bigger photo, then enlarge)

3H4A2997%20copy-X3.jpg

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    There were (6) of us (the limit) in the encounter. Several times, I was on one knee holding my camera with my right-hand .... and could have reached out and touched their noses with my left-hand.
    I was seriously concerned about momma getting upset, and driving that big horn through the barricade ! But,, the workers said "be cool", no touching, and of course be respectful of these magnificent animals. I'm glad that our small group was 'cool'!

3H4A2983%20copy-X3.jpg

3H4A2977%20copy-X4.jpg

My daughter with momma in the background.

3H4A2996%20copy-X2.jpg

Talk about baby-teeth ! .... this was within petting distance.
    Momma huffed .... I backed-up !!! :runaway:

3H4A3013%20copy-X3.jpg

Oh yeah ...... CZ !!!

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I attempted to do some, I hate to call it gunsmithing, but not sure what to refer to it as.

I had gotten the Hyve +3 magazine extension for the P2000. I took apart one magazine, attempted to put it back together, but in doing so, I dropped the set screw that came with. No idea where it went in my office. Luckily I had gotten two of the magazine extensions. So I have one magazine that will hold 16 rounds.

I then tried to install the extended magazine release. While doing so, I managed to drop it and the magazine release spring. I can't find the spring in my office either.

So I have an order in at HKParts for a new magazine release spring, and a VP9 magwell. I also have an order in at Hyve for a new set screw, CZ P10s +3 magazine extension, and a VP9 +3 magazine exention.

I need to get rid of the carpet in my office for when I do these things.
    Big magnet helps. Working inside one of those clear bags that bedding/quilts often come in is useful too.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    There were (6) of us (the limit) in the encounter. Several times, I was on one knee holding my camera with my right-hand .... and could have reached out and touched their noses with my left-hand.
    I was seriously concerned about momma getting upset, and driving that big horn through the barricade ! But,, the workers said "be cool", no touching, and of course be respectful of these magnificent animals. I'm glad that our small group was 'cool'!

3H4A2983%20copy-X3.jpg

3H4A2977%20copy-X4.jpg

My daughter with momma in the background.

3H4A2996%20copy-X2.jpg

Talk about baby-teeth ! .... this was within petting distance.
    Momma huffed .... I backed-up !!! :runaway:

3H4A3013%20copy-X3.jpg

Oh yeah ...... CZ !!!
    They're so ugly that they're cute, those little ones.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Only in the Czicko world …

Worked out a deal with B2V to buy his P-07 and Kadet kit. Meeting is all set for Saturday around 5:00 PM. Run into a bit of a delay, but through the magic of texting, we are able to keep the appointment. I get to the meeting spot a few minutes early, find a parking spot away from the bulk of the parking, but still able to clearly see the main entry. Just starting to text B2V that I’ve arrived and where I’m parked when his vehicle shows up. I wait a minute to see if he exits to greet me, but nothing doing, so I decide to walk over to introduce myself. I’m half way to the vehicle when the identical vehicle pulls up and B2V is driving!

Imagine the thoughts that were running through the minds of the people in the other vehicle when a stranger started to approach them.

Imagine the odds of the exact same vehicle arriving just moments before B2V, and parking next to me.

Deal went smoothly after the initial vehicle confusion. Spent today day working in the yard, so still need to get the P-07 to the range to wring it out.

If all goes well, this will be the ticket to getting my PCR back from my daughter.

Ironically, I've had a similar thing happen meeting an INGO member for a deal. Parked at a gas station next to the vehicle I thought the guy was in. Waited a bit and he didn't get out. Waved when I caught his attention and he waved back. Got out and started to walk around when the actual guy I was dealing with pulled up next to me. I look over at the other guy and just shrugged and walked over to make my deal. Not sure what the guy was thinking... :):

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    what are those big posts called ? Dangit ...... bollocks, or something like that !
    Anyway, they were spaced about shoulder wide. That big horn would poke between those, and I guarantee at 2 Tons, she has a lot of horsepower !!!!
    Ummmm .... rhino power !
    You're thinking of bollards ... typically concrete filled steel posts used to keep vehicles from entering a protected area. Also large steel or wooden posts used to secure ships at a wharf.

If properly built, that enclosure should keep an angry rhino from escaping ... should! You were wise to calmly retreat when the momma snorted.

Top Bottom