The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The ria ultra tax fs hc or whatever the heck it’s called is a shooter. Not as natural as a cz for me but does the job. Here’s my best group. All others were 90- 100 percent by doddg standards but not this tight. Sights are more of a six o’clock hold that isn’t my favorite but it’s a fun gun to shoot. I didn’t label mags but have one thst is not locking back for sure. Maybe multiple. By hand three of the four mags I have lock back. Assuming I kept grabbing the mag that didn’t and thought I had bigger problem than I thought

Any thoughts from the 1911 folk? Should I change plunger spring if it is a common occurrence and not just the one mag like im hoping. There’s a thread on another forum that had similar problem and that fixed it. If so which one would you all recommend

The fn502 has quickly become my favorite polymer 22 even over the tx22

View attachment 330858
    I'd mark your mags so you can determine which one(s), make sure the mag springs are good and oiled, the gun is oil with nothing too heavy and run a few hundred rounds through the gun and see if it continues. Then analyze.

@T-DOGG dogg will be along and provide a more technical answer.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I might have checked into that myself, but with the announcement of the commander 4.25" Garrison, I'm waiting a bit to take the plunge on another 1911 since I cleared the deck on that side.
    Impact Guns has quite a few of the newly announced SPFD 1911's at decent prices including the Commander Garrison's, didn't pay attention to calibers though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Impact Guns has quite a few of the newly announced SPFD 1911's at decent prices including the Commander Garrison's, didn't pay attention to calibers though.
    Looks like Dack Outdoors https://dackoutdoors.com/ is about $100 less before shipping which appears shipping is about $20 at Dack but free at Impact. Not sure about sales tax between the 2. That said, I may do some local shopping as well once these become more available just because I'd probably like to eyeball one of these before buying. On the other side I have some serious $$$ flowing out currently for the latest house/room updates.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Allen had a reason he milled it forward, said it would have interfered with something in the slide but as I am old I can’t recall his explanation. I believe the notch on the back of the holosun would work in a pinch even if I did not have a rear sight.
    View attachment 330851
    Firing pin block / safety plunger is in the back end of the slide. That would be my guess as to putting the optic forward.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The ria ultra tax fs hc or whatever the heck it’s called is a shooter. Not as natural as a cz for me but does the job. Here’s my best group. All others were 90- 100 percent by doddg standards but not this tight. Sights are more of a six o’clock hold that isn’t my favorite but it’s a fun gun to shoot. I didn’t label mags but have one thst is not locking back for sure. Maybe multiple. By hand three of the four mags I have lock back. Assuming I kept grabbing the mag that didn’t and thought I had bigger problem than I thought

Any thoughts from the 1911 folk? Should I change plunger spring if it is a common occurrence and not just the one mag like im hoping. There’s a thread on another forum that had similar problem and that fixed it. If so which one would you all recommend

The fn502 has quickly become my favorite polymer 22 even over the tx22

View attachment 330858
    Mag issue thoughts:

Clean and lube gun thoroughly. Use gun oil on the rails, not grease.

Disassemble and clean mags.

Mark/label mags.

Retest. Try same ammo as before and another brand, preferably higher quality and a little more power than Winchester White Box (not known for great performance). You only need to load one round into each mag for testing.

Let us know how that goes before replacing parts or deep diving into unnecessary rabbit holes.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Mag issue thoughts:

Clean and lube gun thoroughly. Use gun oil on the rails, not grease.

Disassemble and clean mags.

Mark/label mags.

Retest. Try same ammo as before and another brand, preferably higher quality and a little more power than Winchester White Box (not known for great performance).

Let us know how that goes before replacing parts or deep diving into unnecessary rabbit holes.
    The mag that doesn’t lock back when manipulating slide by hand has a noticeably weaker spring. Will mark them and keep doddg like notes next range trip with multiple ammo brands

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The mag that doesn’t lock back when manipulating slide by hand has a noticeably weaker spring. Will mark them and keep doddg like notes next range trip with multiple ammo brands
    Apologies, I overlooked that part. You may just have a spring that needs replaced then. You can try being cheap for testing and stretching the spring out, but it probably needs replaced. Wolff probably has a pack of mag springs for cheap. I find Wolff springs being sold on Ebay quite a bit.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It has been a nice day today.
    50 degrees in February keep thar global warming going....

The wind was put of the S-SW then around 1600ish it changed and is blowing from the North. That wind is cold. I must be getting old.

I took a walk around the neighborhood a bit after 3pm. The sunlight felt warm and the wind cut like a knife. As much as I enjoyed the sunlight, I was happy to go inside.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I took a walk around the neighborhood a bit after 3pm. The sunlight felt warm and the wind cut like a knife. As much as I enjoyed the sunlight, I was happy to go inside.

Took the dog for a walk. After 3/4 of a mile with a cold wind, she started to give me “the look”.

Are all females born with the ability to give “the look”?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Looks like Dack Outdoors https://dackoutdoors.com/ is about $100 less before shipping which appears shipping is about $20 at Dack but free at Impact. Not sure about sales tax between the 2. That said, I may do some local shopping as well once these become more available just because I'd probably like to eyeball one of these before buying. On the other side I have some serious $$$ flowing out currently for the latest house/room updates.
    Good prices at Dack and they actually have some in stock too, it can pay to see them in person for things like beavertail fit and thumb safety fit etc.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Tasty ....
    The H9 thread is saying trigger pull is 5lb on some and 8lb on some. I guess it depends on how unlucky you are.
    I know if I got the 8lb trigger I'd contact DD to have them get it down to 5lb. 8lb is not except able on a $1300 semi-auto handgun.

Edit:
    Daniel Defense has done for the handgun what we did for the AR-style rifle—taken it to a whole new level. Our revolutionary DANIEL™ H9® combines the ergonomics and pointability of a 1911 with the easy shooting and maintenance of a striker-fired pistol. A low bore axis reduces recoil and muzzle-flip for faster, more accurate follow-up shots. A modular design enables easy customization, and a 1911-style straight-pullback trigger with safety blade provides precision control and safer operation. Customizable, ambidextrous controls deliver superb ergonomics and maneuverability, and an aircraft-grade-aluminum frame keeps things light but extremely durable. Experience the same, legendary, made-in-America quality you expect from Daniel Defense only in a smaller package. Like everything we sell, our new H9® is backed by Daniel’s 100% Satisfaction guarantee.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom