The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Good morning fellas :orangeGatorade:

Sitting in waiting room waiting for INR test. This afternoon I'm taking my Jeep to a 2nd mechanic for some front end work. 1st mechanic really screwed the pooch. Hopefully by the end of the day the internet installers will have everything in working order. Going to be a busy day but still hoping for some gpt.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The division math is easy, especially in hindsight. And when your not in the forest trying to count trees.

It’s the “will I sell anything at all and ever get this money back” that’s a total shot in the dark.

I never dreamed I’d have the business that I have, didn’t set out to do it but let it grow organically as demand grew. It was still big speculation to upgrade equipment but there was a baseline trend.

Others in my business worked hard to grow, and they might have double to six times the footage I do annually. A few might have went down in flames. But I’m ok with my decisions to keep it conservative and not be highly leveraged.

Sometimes things are a no brainer, sometimes not. When not, I like to dip my toe in the water and see what will take off.
    If it were me, I’d explore the FFL, but start out without making huge moves and see what work comes my way. I would make sure to be a little fish in a big pond when it comes to telling everyone from the HOA to the state and feds ‘hey I have a business’.

But that’s just me, and one other thing I’ve learned in life, is that if you have a vision for something, and want to make it work, you can and should!
    ( Ok. No snark in this reply. Just admiration. I read it b4 I sent it and realized it could be taken the wrong way)
    Look at you! All growed up and sounding like a conservative successful businessman! Truly an example to all who wish to be one. I especially like the bit about not being leveraged. Wisdom spoken there.

I love the advice and from now on you are the official grown up in the room. We need one occasionally.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I used to have a external level and it worked fine. I never felt it was Annie Oakley technology. Having it internal just makes it like having sprinkles on my donuts. ;)
    If it works, it works. And the battery won't die in a life or death situation.

You two are my bestest friends today ! :chest:

Although, I'm not too sure about naming @ditcherman the adult in the room !
    He leads a cult of underwear followers, and his soul is forever tied to the rain. ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I feel like a fossil for using a mechanical level on my beloved Blue Mink ! :runaway:

View attachment 337960
    If I could see one, I would use one...

I watched the e-level for awhile but the previous version was missing some features. I saw the "new" one in email from a vendor that I was already placing an order with and....there ya go...impulse purchase! Just so happens that the two bench guns it will get used on, have direct mounts for the scope rings.

....and whatever @T-DOGG says that I paid for those rings, he is probably lying.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If I could see one, I would use one...

I watched the e-level for awhile but the previous version was missing some features. I saw the "new" one in email from a vendor that I was already placing an order with and....there ya go...impulse purchase! Just so happens that the two bench guns it will get used on, have direct mounts for the scope rings.

....and whatever @T-DOGG says that I paid for those rings, he is probably lying.

Now I have THREE bestest friends ! The last couple of times I went shooting, I switched to my single-vision glasses (instead of no-line trifocals), and shot both rifle & pistol better ..... and could see the level well enough !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Now I have THREE bestest friends !
    Whew! I was worried!

The last couple of times I went shooting, I switched to my single-vision glasses (instead of no-line trifocals), and shot both rifle & pistol better ..... and could see the level well enough !

My prescription is too strong for that unfortunately.

My vision was well managed for shooting until I hit the reading glasses stage and since then I have yet to recapture the magic of my youth.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Whew! I was worried!

My prescription is too strong for that unfortunately.

My vision was well managed for shooting until I hit the reading glasses stage and since then I have yet to recapture the magic of my youth.

One of the few things that's actually improved with age is my vision (surprisingly).
    The eye Doc said that it's not uncommon for older foks eyeballs to actually retreat into a better shape and improve vision. Over the past 10-years, it's been happening to me !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    One of the few things that's actually improved with age is my vision (surprisingly).
    The eye Doc said that it's not uncommon for older foks eyeballs to actually retreat into a better shape and improve vision. Over the past 10-years, it's been happening to me !
    You are a blessed man!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    ( Ok. No snark in this reply. Just admiration. I read it b4 I sent it and realized it could be taken the wrong way)
    Look at you! All growed up and sounding like a conservative successful businessman! Truly an example to all who wish to be one. I especially like the bit about not being leveraged. Wisdom spoken there.

I love the advice and from now on you are the official grown up in the room. We need one occasionally.
    Oh man, I didn’t mean to become a grown up.

I do life to share my experience, I feel very blessed.

Also, I said not leveraged too much. I’m plenty leveraged still. No Dave Ramsey here.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Anyone have their auto insurance rates go up this year year? My auto insurance went up 21% this year. I went into see my agent. He said all auto insurance has went up. He blamed Biden for it.
    I've not had any accidents, no tickets, and I've been with this group for years.
    I told him to look around for a better deal.
    I'm a good customer, I pay the whole year in advance, no tickets, or accidents, been loyal to this company. IMO I should be getting lower rates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom