Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Also, I ordered a holster for the P01 yesterday. I decided to go with 1791 Gun Leather OWB “optics ready”. No, my PO1 doesn’t have an optic but 1791 said that’s the holster I should use to accommodate the suppressor height sights. Now I might just have to get the P01 milled for a red dot!

I was also looking Wright Leather Works. Their craftsmanship looks top notch. I called and emailed Wright’s about compatibility with suppressor height sights but they never responded. 1791 responded within the hour that I messaged them and they had a Father’s Day special that sealed the deal. I’ll still look at Wrights Leather Works for future needs but this 1791 will get me carrying the P01 and help me figure out what I like or don’t like with a leather OWB holster. Also a OWB holster is required for most training classes and the P01 will be my choice to train with.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    She took me to the Rusted Silo yesterday in Lizton for lunch and then we hit the dairy bar on the way back for some ice cream.
    In my opinion, Rusted Silo has the second best BBQ in town. Though Gather Around in Martinsville is a close third.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    She took me to the Rusted Silo yesterday in Lizton for lunch and then we hit the dairy bar on the way back for some ice cream.
    Lizton’s my old stopping grounds where I grew up. Haven’t been to the Rusted Silo yet but we’ve only heard good things about it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    GrabaGun has great deals on P10C's right now:

P10C OR

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Just curious, who is your first pick? I have my opinion, but interested in yours.
    I put 317BBQ as my favorite. Their Brisket is legit. My Texas friends love the Brisket at 317BBQ.

Don't get me wrong, if I am going for BBQ, most of the time it is either Rusted Silo or Gather Around. Mostly because Broad Ripple is annoying to get around.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I put 317BBQ as my favorite. Their Brisket is legit. My Texas friends love the Brisket at 317BBQ.

Don't get me wrong, if I am going for BBQ, most of the time it is either Rusted Silo or Gather Around. Mostly because Broad Ripple is annoying to get around.
    I'll have to check them out. Admittedly, my usual favorite at BBQ places is smoked turkey, which not everyone has. II generally favor a carolina based mustard sauce, but am definitely flexible there as great bbq doesn't necessarily require sauce. That said, I will go to BBQ places that don't have smoked turkey, if they have other meats that are outstanding.

I like Rusted Silo, they have some interesting stuff. Their smoked turkey is really good. Their sides are ok (I'll admit I like the more ordinary sides) I tried their lemonade for the first time this visit, and I had to ask because I could tell it had something mixed in that took the tart away. Turns out they mix mexican vanilla (with some spices in it -- tasted like nutmeg or cinnamon). Lemonade was good, but not sure I could have downed much of it (I had a single cup).

I will have to look into trying the Rusted Silo Chuck Norris sandwich (I don't recall them having that last time I was there): "Garlicky Texas Toast piled high with sliced beef brisket, slow smoked pulled pork, topped with a fried egg, apple smoked bacon, shaved onion, sport peppers, and a hidden gem of pimento cheese. Sure to kick your cravings right in the sweet spot!"

I didn't try it this time as I'm not a fan of pimento cheese not even sure what sport peppers are, and didn't want to take off too many items on it, and stuck with my usual turkey.

Honestly around here, for a chain place, City BBQ is pretty good, and has great smoked turkey, and good sides.

I do like to try new BBQ places, but not too interested in ones that are bougie.

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I like a good smoked turkey if I can get it. Sometimes it is just too dry with out BBQ sauce. Some places just don't do a smoked Turkey.

Usually we go for something that gives us a variety of meats. Brisket being my favorite, though I also like pulled pork, and smoked turkey.

We tried Guy Freri's BBQ place in Louisville last year, and the Alabama White Sauce became a favorite of mine for white meats. Otherwise our go to BBQ sauce is Shoups.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like a good smoked turkey if I can get it. Sometimes it is just too dry with out BBQ sauce. Some places just don't do a smoked Turkey.

Usually we go for something that gives us a variety of meats. Brisket being my favorite, though I also like pulled pork, and smoked turkey.

We tried Guy Freri's BBQ place in Louisville last year, and the Alabama White Sauce became a favorite of mine for white meats. Otherwise our go to BBQ sauce is Shoups.
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of alabama sauce. I've had it, at a few places in Alabama. (My son is a Bama grad)
    Rusted silo has it as well.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Chuck Norris sandwich
    :chuck: :alright:

IMG_9238-L.jpg

:D

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Chiming in before I go to work early ...

Sat in the original building many a time. Used to go on our lunch break for Brunswick stew and brisket. Some of the very best. They've come a long way, took the fam to the new building (Marietta still) in '21 during vacation. The old place was such a small place. Will always get it when I stop near the 120 loop.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good evening CZ fans.

I see we're discussing BBQ. We like Squealers in Mooresville. Usually bring a bottle of sauce home as well.
    Been there as well. Been a while (pre-pandemic). There was/maybe still is also a Squealers up on 86th street near Michigan road. Been to both of them.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Chiming in before I go to work early ...

Sat in the original building many a time. Used to go on our lunch break for Brunswick stew and brisket. Some of the very best. They've come a long way, took the fam to the new building (Marietta still) in '21 during vacation. The old place was such a small place. Will always get it when I stop near the 120 loop.

I'll have to check this out next time I'm in GA.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I finally managed to get to the range today. My son and I took 5 CZs and 300 rounds of 9mm. We had a 99021 (SP01 Compact), Pre-B, Transitional SAO, Pre-B SAO and P07 along. The two SAOs and 99021 are fully Cajunized. To be honest though, the P07 and non-Cajunized Pre-B were my favorites of the trip. I was not shooting the 99021 well and the two SAOs were great, but the other two were what really felt good to me. The P07 is really easy to shoot well. That's one of the best guns CZ has made, yet will never get its full due. The old Pre-B is something that I need to begin carrying. It's an easy gun to shoot well and it just plain old works.

It sure was fun to put some rounds down range though. Oh, I also took a Sig MCX and 716i along. The MCX had a spare Eotech moved onto it and the 716i got the 3.5-14 BDX optic dialed in. By the end, we were smacking the 400 yard steel consistently with the Norma ammo. That's ammo that I cannot seem to run much below 2 moa, no matter what I run it through. But, it was accurate enough to hit steel (granted, big steel) at 400 yards.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I finally managed to get to the range today. My son and I took 5 CZs and 300 rounds of 9mm. We had a 99021 (SP01 Compact), Pre-B, Transitional SAO, Pre-B SAO and P07 along. The two SAOs and 99021 are fully Cajunized. To be honest though, the P07 and non-Cajunized Pre-B were my favorites of the trip. I was not shooting the 99021 well and the two SAOs were great, but the other two were what really felt good to me. The P07 is really easy to shoot well. That's one of the best guns CZ has made, yet will never get its full due. The old Pre-B is something that I need to begin carrying. It's an easy gun to shoot well and it just plain old works.

It sure was fun to put some rounds down range though. Oh, I also took a Sig MCX and 716i along. The MCX had a spare Eotech moved onto it and the 716i got the 3.5-14 BDX optic dialed in. By the end, we were smacking the 400 yard steel consistently with the Norma ammo. That's ammo that I cannot seem to run much below 2 moa, no matter what I run it through. But, it was accurate enough to hit steel (granted, big steel) at 400 yards.

I'm glad that you found some gunpowder therapy, 88' ! :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom