• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What about his discharge from the Navy reserve? Would that also be a lie to the question about dishonorable discharge?
    No. He didn't receive a dishonorable discharge, he received a general discharge or more likely a less than honorable discharge. He would have had to have been actually court martialed to receive a dishonorable.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    School me please. Would any of the above qualify as a Big Chicken Dinner?

MH
    Nope, although a BCD is similar to a dishonorable. There are 5 types of discharge 3 administrative and 2 judicial. Honorable, general, and less than honorable are administrative and no court martial is required. Dishonorable and BCD are judicial and require a court martial, from my understanding a BCD would be misdemeanor level in the civilian world and Dishonorable would be felony. The only one that prevents legal firearm ownership would be dishonorable. About the only exception that I can think of would be if you got a BCD for domestic battery.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    "Taxing the rich" is code for "We're transferring wealth from the poor to the rich."

You can't tax the rich in practice. The rich didn't get rich by not knowing how to manage money.
    Maybe an extra sales tax for yachts and hypercars... Wouldn't amount any real additional income though.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Taxing the rich" is code for "We're transferring wealth from the poor to the rich."

You can't tax the rich in practice. The rich didn't get rich by not knowing how to manage money.
    Maybe an extra sales tax for yachts and hypercars... Wouldn't amount any real additional income though.

I might change that to "middle class", instead of "poor".

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

They tried the “luxury” tax on private aircraft in the 1980s. About all that it generated were layoffs in Wichita (Beechcraft, Cessna, Learjet), Vero Beach (Piper) and Kerrville (Mooney).

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've said that you should always follow the money. That's going to be a really big job next few years.;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom