• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This scenario assumes a first strike by Iran on a US carrier group in international waters. The cost of sinking a US aircraft carrier in international waters is likely WWIII. Or at the very least, an eventual Walmart in Tehran.
    I’m in complete agreement on what the outcome would be, the only question is at what cost?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I’m in complete agreement on what the outcome would be, the only question is at what cost?

I'm not even in agreement on the outcome. It's very possible we could lose such a conflict due to lack of will from political leadership and lack of ability from our surface navy.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not even in agreement on the outcome. It's very possible we could lose such a conflict due to lack of will from political leadership and lack of ability from our surface navy.

I can see that. one of the reasons I got out was the lack of training new troops were getting. By the time I got out the new troops didn’t do even basic combatives, never threw a grenade, never did bayonet training, didn’t do pugil sticks. Idk even know what they do to waste 12 weeks in basic now. The new generation coming out seemed ill prepared and lacking a proper warrior mindset. Regardless of the MOS, pog or fobbit everyone should be trained with a warrior mindset. One day the battle lines may not be so clear cut as they are now.

anyway rant off.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Carter got us out of the chemical/biological warfare business by treaty,
    And under that treaty the US was *Supposed* to DESTROY production facilities and stockpiles.

Instead, president ELECT (not sworn) brokered a high tech weapons deal with Iran, and continued to supply Iran through it the Iran/Iraq war.

Reagan/Bush also sold weapons, along with biological/chemical weapons plants,
    TURN KEY plants to Iraq that under international treaty (and a war crime) were supposed to be destroyed.
    The Bio Weapons Convention was embraced by Nixon in 1972. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_Weapons_Convention

The Chem Weapons Convention was not drafted until 1992. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_Weapons_Convention

All Iraqi WMDs were based on Soviet designs and hardware, (Bomb casings, Arty rounds).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    If it happens, I'll give you a play by play as long as i can as I am there
    The Navy base is really nice. Got to visit there on a weekly basis back in 2002. Was stationed out at "Shake Easy" airfield in the middle of wasteland. Worked Logistics back then.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It depends on if we go there to crush them into the rubble or create a kinder gentler regime change. One is victory and done the other is forever.

Remember who is in office.
    A war conducted by this administration would not be a war for victory, it would be a war to line the pockets of military contractors.

When you have idiots like this running the country, always flatly say no to their agenda. So Iran sinks a boat, it costs less to build another than let these idiots play bush 2.0 and spend trillions accomplishing nothing but a massive wealth transfer. Not to mention, if the US toppled Iran's government, we'd get ISIS 2.0.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Remember who is in office.
    A war conducted by this administration would not be a war for victory, it would be a war to line the pockets of military contractors.

When you have idiots like this running the country, always flatly say no to their agenda. So Iran sinks a boat, it costs less to build another than let these idiots play bush 2.0 and spend trillions accomplishing nothing but a massive wealth transfer. Not to mention, if the US toppled Iran's government, we'd get ISIS 2.0.
    So buy defense stonks? Got it

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I can see that. one of the reasons I got out was the lack of training new troops were getting. By the time I got out the new troops didn’t do even basic combatives, never threw a grenade, never did bayonet training, didn’t do pugil sticks. Idk even know what they do to waste 12 weeks in basic now. The new generation coming out seemed ill prepared and lacking a proper warrior mindset. Regardless of the MOS, pog or fobbit everyone should be trained with a warrior mindset. One day the battle lines may not be so clear cut as they are now.

anyway rant off.
    It's no accident

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Which war is Biden able to get us into and give us the ability to actually fight it. I'm glad my son's are out of the military now. Had one that endured Obama's amazing leadership.
    My son was so frustrated between the social engineering of the military to having 1 mag of ammunition while on patrol he got out could not take the BS any longer. 19D 8 years.

Top Bottom