• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    At least they got opinions from each side. It seemed to me (personally) that the people that were for right to carry seemed to put forth intelligent arguments, while those opposed could only come up with "It would scare me!" as an argument.

Many people said it was ok for police officers to carry arms, because "they have years of training..."

I would just like to point out that when I was living in northern Indiana looking for a new job, I saw one posting in a local paper that caught my eye...looking for a new police officer in a small town (that will remain nameless).

"No previous experience/training required"

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    It bothers me that those in favor seemed to be ashamed enough to not want their faces shown. It seems as though those against were VERY uneducated and merely spewed the dribble they've heard "through the grapevine". I have a problem with him carrying an unloaded firearm, it may as well have been a hammer.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    One of the antis said "The criminals have firearms, the Police need guns to defend themselves, they would be walking around with targets on their back."

And how does that not pertain to civilians also? An unarmed citizen is a pretty damn big target too. The antis logic just kills me, it really does.

I was pissed off through the entire video, except for when the one guy said "Its a nice piece", but then the lady at the end went and saved the day by using some actual logic!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Ahh... A video to remind me why I would never live in California.

This video sends shivers down my spine...

This is why we need to encourage responsible firearm ownership. People that are not knowledgeable about firearms and do not own them - always seem to picture themselves as a victim when they think about them.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I just don't even know what to say to these people. They think it's perfectly okay for cops to carry guns, and that guy that they were talking to was okay too for most of them, but everyone else was "scary." What sense does this make??

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    i think people should go to each state and interview random citizens and see what the average answer would be, i kinda got mad at hearing some of the answers. nothing but poor or rich people in california (its beautiful but i would never live there) if u can carry a gun but not have it loaded and u see someone doing something dumb are you going to tell the criminal to hold on let me load my gun....hell no, i always cc just because i dont want anyone to know what i have. if im at a gas station and someone holds the station up to rob it and sees that i am open carrying and then they just shoot me because im a threat. just my .02

Dpj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    I just moved from IL and I can't believe that they still have the anti-gun laws there. You can't conceal at all and some counties ban open care. IN has much better guns laws.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I think my response to "are you comfortable with me carrying this unloaded firearm?" would be, "No! I would prefer you were carrying a LOADED firearm!" (This from a former Kalifornian!)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The antis logic just kills me, it really does.
    There you have it! There is no logic in the anti argument! Not one single claim they have made holds water, yet the stupidity is continuously regurgitated because the antis know there are millions upon millions of brainless citizens out there who will take it as the gospel, and blindly follow. Come to think of it, I can pretty much connect most of the problems in our country to brainless citizens and the talking heads that keep them alive.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Alaska and Arizona are closest to "getting it right". Just need Indiana and the other states to follow suit.

(Vermont gets DQ'd for banning suppressors. ;))

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I actually found the video to be interesting. It illustrates what I hear from people who don't understand guns. 1) guns are scary and hurt people. 2) guns will automatically escalate tense situations into something more violent. 3) police can have guns because they are trained.

I personally don't agree with any of the above statements. But that I do think there are a lot of people who would. Most of those interviewed probably don't have a strong feeling either way about gun ownership. They just don't understand or have heard an opposing argument.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Alaska and Arizona are closest to "getting it right". Just need Indiana and the other states to follow suit.

(Vermont gets DQ'd for banning suppressors. ;))

this^ I want Indiana to get a 0 or a F- on the Brady Scorecard.

This video just illustrates that ignorance is the reason why we have gun control.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    hell no, i always cc just because i dont want anyone to know what i have. if im at a gas station and someone holds the station up to rob it and sees that i am open carrying and then they just shoot me because im a threat. just my .02

Please show one instance, proof of one time, one case ever that a BG has targeted an open carrier because they were open carrying at the time of a crime and were a threat.

Top Bottom