:faint:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Indeed. I pointed out where this was going off the rails when someone decided to go personal and leveled a "you're full of ****" Country Boy's way. It's only gone down hill with more personal attacks and shade thrown his way. He seems to be a good guys by taking the high road, I'm not so inclined as long as it persists.

Well, you do have almost 30,000 posts. :bowdown:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Countryboy19, what you describe as "disrespectful," I see as coping. I've seen stuff like this in person. I've held dead babies. I've seen a 10 year old kid hang himself and he made it to the hospital just in time to be braindead for the rest of his life. I've seen the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters of these people, unwilling and unable to accept what had just happened.

So I crack a joke every once in a while. If I let the weight of that stuff, this video included, rest upon my shoulders, it would crush me. So I laugh at it, and let it roll off. It's not disrespectful of life. I do not cheapen the value of a life. For me, and for many others, it's a way of dealing with the trauma in a constructive way. If you've never had to experience that, count your blessings, and I hope you never do, but do not come here and pass judgement upon us for our expression of grief.

I agree, coping is a real thing and people have lots of ways of doing that.

But a lot of the posters in this thread aren't coping, they're rejoicing. The jokes, the smarmy self-righteous comments, the assumptions. I'm pretty dissapointed in quite a few people here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree, coping is a real thing and people have lots of ways of doing that.

But a lot of the posters in this thread aren't coping, they're rejoicing. The jokes, the smarmy self-righteous comments, the assumptions. I'm pretty dissapointed in quite a few people here.

As am I. The tone will change.
    I did not have the time to fully read this yesterday. Life and all.
    I have. Some will be looked at a bit differently as we move forward. .

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Coping is something done by people who are connected to the event. You find somebody in pieces by the side of the road somewhere in the third world, you probably joke about it. You put one in the skull of someone shooting at your buddies, you might want to stand over his body and laugh. Some stranger gets killed in an internet video? Nah. Not unless people believe watching a video makes them connected to the tragedy. Sure there was much stupidity. But it isn't like the guy deserved it.

Dark humor isn't coping if you're not connected to the event. It's just disrespectful. It seems clear that respect is not as valuable to some folks.

Kut asked the question, but I haven't seen a decent response. Lots of posts contain "thug" but no evidence brought forward. Maybe the girl was pretending to be a thug. Maybe they were all clownin' and did it in a stupid manner. I'm sorry, but I don't think the jokes would have gone the same way if it were a soccer mom putting one in her friends head while live streaming from her Town and Country.

Like I said, I'm dissapointed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Coping is something done by people who are connected to the event. You find somebody in pieces by the side of the road somewhere in the third world, you probably joke about it. You put one in the skull of someone shooting at your buddies, you might want to stand over his body and laugh. Some stranger gets killed in an internet video? Nah. Not unless people believe watching a video makes them connected to the tragedy. Sure there was much stupidity. But it isn't like the guy deserved it.

Dark humor isn't coping if you're not connected to the event. It's just disrespectful. It seems clear that respect is not as valuable to some folks.

Kut asked the question, but I haven't seen a decent response. Lots of posts contain "thug" but no evidence brought forward. Maybe the girl was pretending to be a thug. Maybe they were all clownin' and did it in a stupid manner. I'm sorry, but I don't think the jokes would have gone the same way if it were a soccer mom putting one in her friends head while live streaming from her Town and Country.

Like I said, I'm dissapointed.

My view here is the activity we were presented is not what normal folks do in society. If you for one minute think these cats were not high you need to think again.
    Sitting in the vehicle with a loaded G**** at the ready acting as they were puts the label (Thug) all over them. I have shown/mentioned this to several people most are of color. They all had either seen it or saw it at that time. To the man they all said what many here want to say. In that I get the label.
    The dark humor might be something we do among ourselves but in open forum not so much.

I have received multiple PM's about this thread.

There will be some post count hits.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The dark humor might be something we do among ourselves but in open forum not so much.

I think this should be clarified a bit? There's nothing wrong with dark humor, I think that might be mislabeled here? Outright disrespect or insulting comments can be one thing... but I don't think they should be considered dark humor.

Not sure who first used that term in this thread, but I don't think it applies to the type of comments we're talking about. Jokes are jokes... which I didn't see many. Personal comments about the guy really aren't jokes.

Jokes, even after an unfortunate incident like this, aren't a bad thing... or even inherently disrespectful.

Top Bottom