• DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Interesting take from a liberal consulting firm;

"What we found

Overall, non-native Texans were much more conservative than the state as a whole, and some moved to Texas explicitly because of its conservative politics."

Will see in November just how conservative they are.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've posted this before, but I think it bares a repeat in this context. My unit was assigned to assist Border Patrol for 2 months as part of JTF-6. I believe it was 1998, but it could be a year +/-. We were Combat Engineers and we would spend a month building a fence and a month riding with BP alternatively. This was in Douglas, AZ. Relevant to this statement:

The BP heavily recruited us while we were there, come work for BP after the Army, no college degree required, pension rolls over, etc. Literally none of us did. Not one. The job just looked so no-win even then. Nothing you did could really make a difference even then. Catch and release even then.

I understand how bitter and cynical I sound on this topic, but it's a ****ing decades old issue that every single POTUS and Congress has ignored, actively assisted, and only made noise about when it was politically advantageous. Neither side wants to fix it, and I deleted the rest of what I typed because I don't need to rant that rant again. Few things I can't control work me up like this, and a side order of **** Bill Clinton.
    1998? It was a problem 25 years before that. Growing up around DC you constantly read in the paper and watched on the news, endless immigration raids all around Md,DC and Virginia and hauling dozens of illegals to jail while working in the landscape, hotel, restaurant, country club and many outer manual labor businesses.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I suspect the federal government will federalize the Texas national guard in order to stop them from working on behalf of the state of texas.

Abbott's next option maybe to use the Texas rangers a relatively unique organization.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1998? It was a problem 25 years before that. Growing up around DC you constantly read in the paper and watched on the news, endless immigration raids all around Md,DC and Virginia and hauling dozens of illegals to jail while working in the landscape, hotel, restaurant, country club and many outer manual labor businesses.

Nobody said the problem started in 1998. I said I *deployed with JTF-6* in 1998. No **** the problem predates my unit deploying to the border.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    This is what the national guard should be used for. And those border patrol agents just following orders to allow the illegals in should be fired, ashamed , flogged whatever

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Actually arresting and deporting illegals in raids, now that's a blast from the past.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I suspect the federal government will federalize the Texas national guard in order to stop them from working on behalf of the state of texas.

Abbott's next option maybe to use the Texas rangers a relatively unique organization.
    Sperate the rangers back to what they were(premerger with state police). Ask for volunteers to fulfil their prior mission of protecting Texas. Take in any fit to serve. Let them loose.

They do not need a detective agency(what rangers are now), they need the fighting force the rangers used to be.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Every state could help this crisis. Even through legislation. Make state laws against employing illegals tougher. Make it harder for them to get anything from the state. Cut off the incentive for them to come. And punish the ones who do bring them or incentive them to

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Actually arresting and deporting illegals in raids, now that's a blast from the past.
    Lol. My father was a golf guy, with the tournaments around DC he would watch a few eash year. Like at Congressional or Kenwood clubs, twice during tournament's INS had raids when he was there.
    He said it was a mass exodus of Spanish running across the golf course with a few dozen agents chasing them.
    He always said it looked like a Benny hill show.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Many years ago I was asked to go with a team to help a vendor get up to speed on required quality. We were all about the same age, young to middle aged white guys dressed business casual for the 90s. After getting a lot of smoke blown our direction in the front office we went through a door to the manufacturing area where everybody was hispanic.

Work stopped instantly and all eyes were on our group. In that instant I was seized by the desire to pull my wallet out of my pocket, hold it in the air, and scream Manos Arriba! INS!

But I didn't, and everybody went back to work in addition to our group. We all had a good laugh about this on our way back after we left.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sperate the rangers back to what they were(premerger with state police). Ask for volunteers to fulfil their prior mission of protecting Texas. Take in any fit to serve. Let them loose.

They do not need a detective agency(what rangers are now), they need the fighting force the rangers used to be.

Break glass in case of real trouble.

5688806570_e62a3f0822_z.jpg

Top Bottom