• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Good question. Maybe republicans should play their game.
    Both houses of Congress have the power to pursue, hunt down, and arrest members using all means necessary to drag them in to the Capitol - in shackles if needed to subdue them - and dump them onto the "floor" to create a quorum to conduct business. Most if not all state legislatures have similar provisions in the state constitutions to prevent - or end it - so that a group cannot prevent a session from conducting business. A filibuster is much harder to sustain over time than a group going off and hiding somewhere. IIRC this was tried in Illinois a while back and it didn't play out very well for them. Came across like a bunch of two year olds throwing tantrums.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Arrest them on what charge?
    Most . . . if not all . . . state constitutions have provisions similar to the US. Elected members of both houses can be pursued by law enforcement, arrested using the force necessary to do so, and dragged in shackles if needed, onto the floors of both houses. It's not being arrested on criminal charges at the federal level. It is, however, an enforcement power, to stop a group from preventing the legislative branch from conducting business. In Congress, US Federal Marshals can be used to go find them, and it's been done in the past. I believe this was attempted in Illinois a while back (I may be wrong about which state). When they were found, they were arrested and dragged kicking and screaming into the state house, some of them in shackles. It has also been done in Congress - albeit quite some time ago

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    The U.S. Constitution:
    1. Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

That "compel attendance" part is where the absent members can be arrested and dragged to the chamber.

Ted Cruz has said the Texas Constitution uses the same language.

When one party has a majority, and is rapidly getting p***** off, is probably not smart to poke the hornets nest. I'm willing to bet that there are some Texas politicians watching the Mexican cartels stream across the southern border that have lost just about all of their tolerance for political grandstanding!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The U.S. Constitution:
    1. Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

That "compel attendance" part is where the absent members can be arrested and dragged to the chamber.

Ted Cruz has said the Texas Constitution uses the same language.

When one party has a majority, and is rapidly getting p***** off, is probably not smart to poke the hornets nest. I'm willing to bet that there are some Texas politicians watching the Mexican cartels stream across the southern border that have lost just about all of their tolerance for political grandstanding!
    ^^^
    This

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm curious about who funded the private jet to take them to of all places dc. Texans, who these folks are supposed to represent, deserve that info as I would bet that the cash isn't coming from a Texas source if it's even inside the US.

I also find it interesting that these people always flee to the most corrupt big cities they can find. Puts another angle on...

...always follow the money.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Most . . . if not all . . . state constitutions have provisions similar to the US. Elected members of both houses can be pursued by law enforcement, arrested using the force necessary to do so, and dragged in shackles if needed, onto the floors of both houses. It's not being arrested on criminal charges at the federal level. It is, however, an enforcement power, to stop a group from preventing the legislative branch from conducting business. In Congress, US Federal Marshals can be used to go find them, and it's been done in the past. I believe this was attempted in Illinois a while back (I may be wrong about which state). When they were found, they were arrested and dragged kicking and screaming into the state house, some of them in shackles. It has also been done in Congress - albeit quite some time ago
    I'd love to see video of this

Top Bottom