• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    12\13 after being out of H.S. for 50 years. Seems the more I learn, the more I think that shtf about 40 years ago and we are like the frog in the pot, slowly being boiled to death and unaware.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The quiz is wrong. New research indicates that cfcs have more to do with man-made global warming than co2

How can that be? The Gubmint forced all the aresol manufacturers to stop using them a long time ago. You know, to prevent Global Cooling and the impending Ice Age. :): :): :):

Btw. 13/13 but this wasn't 'Are you smarter than a 5th Grader' either.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Whur eye liv n mars hil , eye bet mos foks wudnt evn git 7t5 percnt . :n00b:
    *snort* I attend South Wayne (back when it was a junior high with 7-9 grades and not the failing miserable stench of a backwater attempt to meet NCLB standards) and I would say you are being extremely generous in that regard. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe Mars Hill has had any improvement in the collective intelligence/knowledge of the population. Quite the contrary, I expect it has probably lost some IQ points.

all questions answered correctly. Anyone paying attn to daily news would get at least 6 right. . That is a sad commentary on the state of education of the pollsters in America if they think that constitutes a science quiz.:rolleyes:

Ya think?

I suspect this isn't so much about what the pollsters think constitutes an adequate knowledge of science in the general population, but rather a range of questions most likely to get the desired bell curve. And since all the questions dealt with science, it was a science quiz.

However, it was grotesquely worded and in many cases, the question didn't really ask for an answer. "Is this statement...." is not asking for the correct answer. True or False would have been equally correct.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Boom.

406841132.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    These are all upper elementary/junior high level questions, with one or two high school level ones thrown in depending. They should be easy. What's disgusting is not that this is easy, but that, in my guess, less than 25% of graduating high school seniors in this nation could get 75% or better.

Top Bottom