• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Last Thursday night I had a very entense moment with the EX-WIFE. She had called me and wanted to meet so we could discuss our daughters. I decided to meet her at her mother's house and we could just talk sitting in my truck. Well like mostly all conversations with her, there is always the arguement, this time was no different. So about halfway through the arguement, she asked "are you packin" ? To which I did not reply, she said "I'm packin' big boy, you wanna see my gun, I will show you" She then started digging through her purse. I told her not to pull a gun out of her purse and she needed to get out of my truck immediately. She said "I'm gonna show you my gun big boy" and she still digging in her purse. I told her in a VERY loud voice to GTF out of my truck and if she pulled a gun out of her purse and waived it at me, I would shoot her where she sat. At this point she lookled up at me and said "I'm your daughter's mom, you would shoot me". I said if you pull a gun out and point it at me, I won't hesitate. She then stated to understand what I was telling her and got out of my truck. I left in a hurry.

Wow!!! My heart was pounding

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    First Thoughts: Not Smart.

Why? Because of the Lautenberg Ammendment. If she is able to get a restraining order against you then the judge can order you to not have any guns in your possession. I.E. you would have to give them to the police or to a friend or whatever, but you would not have them.

A smart woman might bait an ex into making a statement and then go to her lawyer and say, "He said he would shoot me!" Heck, if you countered with a restraining order then at best you both get no guns. Bet that hurts you more than her.

Next time, never be alone with her, period.
    Next time, public place.
    Next time, witnesses.
    Next time, you be careful with what you say.
    Next time, you immediately contact your lawyer and if he/she advises - have the incident recorded for later referral.
    Next time, be sure it is not a similar next time.

Worried about how she might shoot you? Then don't be with her alone.
    Not worried otherwise? You should be, since she can take your guns and use the police as her hands provided that she can convince a judge. If you say the words she needs - it makes her work easier.

Be careful man. Just be careful.

Techres

P.S. I did not even get into the question of her being the mother of your kids. Does she have sole care of them alone at times? You should relay this to your lawyer also as a way to effect change on custody to make the kids be in safer hands if she is unsafe if you get my drift.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    A smart woman might bait an ex into making a statement and then go to her lawyer and say, "He said he would shoot me!"

Exactly what I was thinking as I read the OP.

Sorry OP but this sounds like a set-up from the very beginning, she managed to get you to threaten her not once, but twice and all over a gun that probably didn't even exist. ;)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville

Why? Because of the Lautenberg Ammendment. If she is able to get a restraining order against you then the judge can order you to not have any guns in your possession. I.E. you would have to give them to the police or to a friend or whatever, but you would not have them.

A smart woman might bait an ex into making a statement and then go to her lawyer and say, "He said he would shoot me!" Heck, if you countered with a restraining order then at best you both get no guns. Bet that hurts you more than her.

Next time, public place.
    Next time, witnesses.
    Next time, you immediately contact your lawyer and if he/she advises - have the incident recorded for later referral.

Not worried otherwise? You should be, since she can take your guns and use the police as her hands provided that she can convince a judge. If you say the words she needs - it makes her work easier.

Techres

P.S. I did not even get into the question of her being the mother of your kids. Does she have sole care of them alone at times? You should relay this to your lawyer also as a way to effect change on custody to make the kids be in safer hands if she is unsafe if you get my drift.
    SPOT ON!!!! I know the possibility of ex-sex is always alluring, but NOT worth the trouble it causes. Women will play any and every card they can when it comes to dissolution/custody and they have a much larger support force on their side (womens bathroom, free legal help from man hating women lawyers, etc....)

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana

Next time, public place.
    Next time, witnesses.

Techres

+ 1000..... Take this advice to heart, I have been there and back a TRO (or worse) will cause you a lot of greif. When the wife and I seperated 4 years ago the neighborhood cop suggested she get one on me to " keep me from showing up at the house" I didn't know about it until 2 weeks latter when the Sheriff served me @ my new residence while she was there visiting. It took a lot of explaining to keep from going to jail, even though she was @ MY residence.

P.S. I have never forgotten it and if there is a next time I will swear out a TRO on her.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis

Next time, public place.
    Next time, witnesses.

Techres

Great Advice, there won't be any NEXT time, I won't put myself in that spot. She has never acted this way before, we have been divorced for 15 years, she is re-married twice since me, but blames all the bad in her life on me. At that point I honestly did not know what to do. I was caught completely off guard by her actions. LESSONED LEARNED!!!!!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I gotta admit, I had the same thoughts as techres while I read the post. I surely hope it's not the case, but if it went the way you described it I see you facing, in about a week, a recording of you saying you would shoot her. Good luck, OP :(

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    I had this problem of false accusations by the Ex. (minus the gun part, though her current BF is deathly afraid of me cuz she told him I am ALWAYS Packing) I never go anywhere private with her. Always meet in a public place that has cameras.

Top Bottom