Tell friends you're carrying when in their house?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I wrestle with my dogs, and grand children all the time, and have NEVER had any of my 1911's come out of the holster. Once I was chasing my grandson downhill and fell... I went head-over-heels and the 1911 was still right there. Member 1946 can verify... it was his front yard.

If you have to put yer gun away before you play with the kids, I'd suggest a better holster.

ps... concealed carry is just that... as posted here... my friends already know I'm carrying.

Does 1946 have video?

I wrestle with my son and dogs, gun never comes out. Learned the first time on a ride at the local fair. Damn thing turned me upside down with some g-force. I caught my gun falling but was lucky I didn't grab the trigger while catching it. Went and got a new holster the next day.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have CC for 14 years. Non of my friend do. About 2 mouths ago I outed my self talking to my wife's friend Boyfriend how also carries. I feel alot more conferrable at his place then I do at other friends places. But I would not tell

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If my friends don't automatically assume that I'm carrying at least ONE weapon on my person, then they're not really my friends and don't pay much attention.

That is one of the best one-liners I've read on this site. I'd make it a facebook wall post if I actually carried, but I don't yet.

I agree with the "for the kids" argument. People asked me why I was getting a gun since I have young kids. I said "the worst image in my mind is cowering in the corner of my closet with my kids, hoping the guy doesn't find us". Talk about irresponsible parenting.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I've put off buying some clothes until I am able to purchase the gun (and holster) I will use.

Just a tip: you can purchase your handgun without your license.

Most importantly, why leave your gun in your car? The point of carrying is to have your weapon handy if you were to ever need it. It wont do you any good to have it in your car if you are just running in quick somewhere and get held up....just sayin

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    I live in the most politically liberal part of the state. Our home is like a glowing red dot in a sea of blue. No, I don't tell them I'm carrying. Concealed is concealed, none of their business what color underwear I'm wearing, either.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Whenever I go to a friends house, I love to whip mine out, wave it around and tell my host "look at me"...

Not sure why, but I never seem to get invited any more.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I did once didn't go over too well, now I carry discreetly and it's my secret unless I know the people being visited strictly forbid it and if so I will leave it in the car. Kinda like going into the Post Office, I don't like being disarmed but respect the rules for the most part.

Top Bottom