• ...and so much more!
  • nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    How about this, then

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3f586c-0d57-11e6-bfa1-4efa856caf2a_story.html

Then Cruz undercut another Republican, fellow presidential candidate John Kasich, who had entered into an alliance with him to stop GOP front-runner Donald Trump.
    “There is no alliance,” Cruz told reporters on Thursday, acting as if a pact announced by his own campaign days before had never happened.
    Minutes later, Kasich strategist John Weaver dispatched a cryptic tweet: “I can’t stand liars.”

Earning his nickname; old Lyin-Ted is going down in flames.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How about this, then

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3f586c-0d57-11e6-bfa1-4efa856caf2a_story.html

Then Cruz undercut another Republican, fellow presidential candidate John Kasich, who had entered into an alliance with him to stop GOP front-runner Donald Trump.
    “There is no alliance,” Cruz told reporters on Thursday, acting as if a pact announced by his own campaign days before had never happened.
    Minutes later, Kasich strategist John Weaver dispatched a cryptic tweet: “I can’t stand liars.”

Here is a bit more of the statement. Provides a bit of context. Also an agreement if there is/was one, is different than an alliance.
    “I recognize that the media is all eager to talk about an alliance. There is no alliance,” Mr. Cruz said. “Kasich and I made a determination where to focus our energies, where to focus our assets, where to focus our resources.”

While he said the two agreed that Donald J. Trump would be a disastrous Republican nominee, Mr. Cruz cast Mr. Kasich’s participation in the gambit as something less than altruistic.
    “John Kasich made the decision, in his own political self-interest, to withdraw from Indiana and to go compete elsewhere,” Mr. Cruz said, while continuing to campaign in the state six days before its primary. “And that was a perfectly reasonable decision.”

Nice cut and paste job. Hurray for independent thought process. :rolleyes:

I saw two of Trump's quotes that were cut and paste. What else was? ETA and I see you follow Trump's defense. Insult rather than answer.

He was 'lead man' enough that he was the spokesperson for the defense.

He issued a statement. Does not mean he was the spokesperson. Any other cites where he discussed it with the media? Or preferably cites that he worked with Boehner on it.

Any attorneys want to weigh in? What are the odds of a junior associate with at most a year of practice after his clerkship would be the lead on that case? Or worked with Boehner on it?

Don't look now Cruz enthusiasts, but Ted just changed position because something wasn't polling in his favor.

Yep, it's possible he changed strategies, slightly different than changing positions. Especially what 5 times in 2 days?

Last edited:

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    They say Mike Pence is going to endorse Cruz today

Not sure if that helps or hurts him.

Its better than being texting buddies with and getting a vote of confidence from Boehner and then turning around and standing with McConnell. If having liberal voters in the Northeast think your the best candidate isn't enough reason to not vote for Trump, getting into bed with the establishment should be.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Its better than being texting buddies with and getting a vote of confidence from Boehner and then turning around and standing with McConnell. If having liberal voters in the Northeast think your the best candidate isn't enough reason to not vote for Trump, getting into bed with the establishment should be.

:yesway:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    news

qqWo5h4.jpg

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    And he should stay small government. Like a township in the Texas panhandle.

I think Trump entered the race as a publicity stunt believing that many would think of it as a joke but the crazy thing is there are actually people who think of him as a serious candidate.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think Trump entered the race as a publicity stunt believing that many would think of it as a joke but the crazy thing is there are actually people who think of him as a serious candidate.

I think that might be close to the truth. Or, he looked at it as good advertising for his TV gigs. Little did he realize, people are dumber than even HE thought.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think that might be close to the truth. Or, he looked at it as good advertising for his TV gigs. Little did he realize, people are dumber than even HE thought.

I think he even tried to sink his own campaign a few times but I think he's close enough to the goal now, he's hooked.

Top Bottom