Tax deductible donation? Consider this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Check out whoever you plan to donate to.... Evans resigned as Red Cross Director in 2005....

Hearsay has it.......

The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits.

UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE. Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause.

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization. 96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.

The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Military Order of Purple Hearts National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

:patriot:

Last edited:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Do you have sources?

Only my experience with the service orginazations, and the Red Cross. The local Salvation Commander has indicated to me in the past that the stated figure is "close"..... Re: UNICEF is hearsay......

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My money goes to the Junior Diabetes Research Foundation, we raised over $1000 last year for the Louisville JDRF walk!! Haven't started raising this year yet. I'm just praying for a cure, so I can take my son the candy store and say "Eat all you want!!!!!" Sorry about the thread jack!!!

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The Salvation Army and the Red Cross have been there when I needed them in a disaster. I always donate stuff and money to the Salvation Army. I donate money to the American Red Cross. Of the two, I think the Salvation Army does the most good in general with what they have.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I support the Walmart Foundation, by shopping at their stores. Often, they are there on the scene before any of the other organisations have even decided to show up. They support the victims, as well as the responders.

jsnowy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Don't confuse a good business model with a good charity. Walmart's donations amount to approximately 2% of net income (and a much, much smaller fraction of revenue). A well run charity can give 85-95% of total donations directly to the "cause".
    Make no mistake, Walmart is in business to make money. And since they do it so well, they have the ability to give some back to the community.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I found that out this afternoon, as well.

Sorry 'bout that.... at any rate, it pays to know something about any charity you're thinking of donating to...

Top Bottom