• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not a fan of safeties either but on the TX22 it seems easy to ignore and forget it's even there.

I get it, but if I get a TX22 I want it as a trainer gun and I only carry striker fired, no manual safety. Otherwise, I'll just stick with my M&P Compact 22 (which is not striker fired as they have an internal hammer, and also has a manual safety). I can wait to find one hopefully at a decent price and no manual safety.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    56979dfe6c63c3b2d89c7a40a8ac1368.jpg

Got the one at Shoot Point Blank Greenwood! Thanks again zachcz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like that look. Now mine seems dull looking.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    56979dfe6c63c3b2d89c7a40a8ac1368.jpg

Got the one at Shoot Point Blank Greenwood! Thanks again zachcz!

I admit, that is the best looking TX I've seen!
    They took a perfectly boring-looking gun and made it interesting!
    That's worth the extra bucks if it's a keeper!

I can't throw any stones, I was on my way out the door of Point Blank after a range time & a Ruger Bearcat .22LR that had some intriguing engraving went home with me.
    Completely impulsive buy just b/c it was a looker.
    Of course, justifying buying another .22LR is a short step for me. :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It’s a symptom of the COVID madness, Rimfire addiction

In my case: so much truth to that.
    Can't go to the gym.
    Can't go to church.
    Can't meet up with friends.
    Can't go out of town.

I can wear my mask & go to the range!
    Rimfires are my friends now. :dunno:

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    In my case: so much truth to that.
    Can't go to the gym.
    Can't go to church.
    Can't meet up with friends.
    Can't go out of town.

I can wear my mask & go to the range!
    Rimfires are my friends now. :dunno:

I have a PSA ar-22 and just learned at the range that I can easily hit at 100 yards with it out of that 16” barrel. Makes me wonder how far I could stretch it out. Was not quite as good with the Henry but that’s on me

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Went shooting with a friend yesterday who had never shot a tx22. He likes 22s but stayed away due to it being a Taurus. He’s a believer now and looking to get one. It amazes me how much better they are out of box than the more expensive better names brand polymer 22s. Kinda wish they had a 9mm with same trigger and ergos

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Went shooting with a friend yesterday who had never shot a tx22. He likes 22s but stayed away due to it being a Taurus. He’s a believer now and looking to get one. It amazes me how much better they are out of box than the more expensive better names brand polymer 22s. Kinda wish they had a 9mm with same trigger and ergos

I would buy a Taurus 9mm with the TX-22 ergos and grip texture in a heartbeat. I just bought a TX-22 and it is the best feeling pistol in my hand that I own. Miles ahead of my Glocks in both feel and trigger (but what isn't?), much better texture than my M&P 2.0s or my CZ P10c and rivaled only by my P365s in grip texture and feel.

Taurus could teach S&W in particular a thing or two about grip texture. Hey S&W...think 120 grit, not 40 grit.

What kind of clown world are we living in, when Taurus is producing a better .22 pistol than the "major" brands?

:):

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I would buy a Taurus 9mm with the TX-22 ergos and grip texture in a heartbeat. I just bought a TX-22 and it is the best feeling pistol in my hand that I own. Miles ahead of my Glocks in both feel and trigger (but what isn't?), much better texture than my M&P 2.0s or my CZ P10c and rivaled only by my P365s in grip texture and feel.

Taurus could teach S&W in particular a thing or two about grip texture. Hey S&W...think 120 grit, not 40 grit.

What kind of clown world are we living in, when Taurus is producing a better .22 pistol than the "major" brands?

HK vp9 is what you're looking for in a centerfire.

The TX is an unbelievable pistol.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Sad but true. My thoughts exactly handling and shooting the TX-22. Egros and grip texture is on the money. I put a another 150 through mine today. Upgraded sights or red dot and a rimfire can are in the future. It's a fun shooter, and for the price by a spare.

The only other handgun the comes close is the HK VP9

HK vp9 is what you're looking for in a centerfire.

The TX is an unbelievable pistol.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I have 1k rounds through mine and I've never touched or noticed the safety. I prefer handguns without safeties too, but it wasn't a deal breaker this time.

I get it, but if I get a TX22 I want it as a trainer gun and I only carry striker fired, no manual safety. Otherwise, I'll just stick with my M&P Compact 22 (which is not striker fired as they have an internal hammer, and also has a manual safety). I can wait to find one hopefully at a decent price and no manual safety.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just picked up a TX22 from Point Blank in Greenwood. $279, which wasn't a fantastic price 6 months ago, but pretty good for now. Shot 50 rounds of CCI SV with 2 failures to eject. Considering I didn't clean or lube it I feel that's not a big deal. Shot well. Very ergonomic with a great trigger. Seemed to be reasonably accurate. This will be a fantastic into to shooting for new shooters.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    BTW, they just got 6 more in stock as I was filling out my 4473. Also, USDS said they were getting one in stock today and their price was $299. If you miss out on picking one up a Point Blank, there's another option.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Second range trip with the gun this morning. Sent about 70 - 80 rounds through it with no issues. Still haven't cleaned it, but I did lube the slide. Chose my crappiest .22 ammo, Federal black box from the Black Friday from 2 years ago. Ran that and some Federal Automatch. No issues and I am very happy with the purchase. The gun runs well and is accurate, fun to shoot and pretty inexpensive. Beats the G44 all to heck unless you're just a Glock guy/gal.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    even to glock guys they can’t argue the g44 is in same ballpark as the Taurus.

Second range trip with the gun this morning. Sent about 70 - 80 rounds through it with no issues. Still haven't cleaned it, but I did lube the slide. Chose my crappiest .22 ammo, Federal black box from the Black Friday from 2 years ago. Ran that and some Federal Automatch. No issues and I am very happy with the purchase. The gun runs well and is accurate, fun to shoot and pretty inexpensive. Beats the G44 all to heck unless you're just a Glock guy/gal.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis

If Taurus made it in 9mm with good reliability and the right price I’d have a hard time not impulse buying it

Top Bottom