• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I pulled the trigger mine is supposed to be in tomorrow. I'll be getting it for $260 out the door. Then a $50 rebate brings it down to $210.

I missed the RKGuns deal on the no manual safety version. I was going to have it shipped to my FFL and pay a transfer fee just to avoid having to pick it up at RK due to past experience, but they were sold out by the time I got around to trying to put an order in.

I saw the deal that Grab a Gun has on them, but its the manual safety version and I am really wanting one without a safety.... decisions, decisions.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I missed the RKGuns deal on the no manual safety version. I was going to have it shipped to my FFL and pay a transfer fee just to avoid having to pick it up at RK due to past experience, but they were sold out by the time I got around to trying to put an order in.

I saw the deal that Grab a Gun has on them, but its the manual safety version and I am really wanting one without a safety.... decisions, decisions.

Same but I couldn't find one so bought one with a manual safety. Time is running out on the rebate.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Same but I couldn't find one so bought one with a manual safety. Time is running out on the rebate.

Yep, I really should have jumped on that RKGuns no safety deal, but I was out of town and waited to come back to order it and apparently waited a day too long.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got together in Greenwood to shoot .22LR with a member today! :ingo:
    I have the Glock 44 & zachcz has the Taurus TX.
    I have chided Zach in the past that the Glock had to be better than the TX. :stickpoke:
    I was hoping to make his life unhappy. :)
    Shooting a friend's gun can do that.
    It's happened to me before.
    But, I found no evidence to sadden Zach: I was surprised! :ugh:
    I was the one shocked that the humble Taurus TX outperformed (in my hands) the might Glock 44. :xmad:
    I have no dog in the fight, but I am a connoisseur of a fine shooting .22LR since I've had everything I could find in the past 3 yrs. .

TX even had a better trigger! :scratch:
    I've only had 4 Glocks, but I can't believe they don't upgrade their triggers.

It was more accurate than I expected, as well!
    I was surprised! :ugh:
    In comparing the pics below, I suspect the TX has some better groups.
    The 15 round mag is convenient.

Using Armscor 38 gr. HV HP today:
    XI44lFA.jpg

Glock 21' head & beside head with 30' on 3 torso spots
    LZG2Hia.jpg

All 21' Glock 44
    g6YtSjd.jpg

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The TX22 is a great gun, if you don't get a bad barrel. I got a bad barrel and am waiting for a replacement barrel from Taurus.

It only took 12 1/2 minutes on the phone with Taurus customer service to have than agree to send me a replacement barrel. Now I wait since the barrels are on backorder.

The TX22 is almost identical in size to my full size M&P9 2.0. My M&P has the 5 inch barrel, so it is longer, but grip size is very comparable.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    thanks for the invite and letting me shoot the smith. I have a funny feeling one will end up in my safe soon.

as much as i hate to say it and want to be a brand name snob, the tx22 is by far the best polymer 22 on the market and there isn’t anything even close to it. The trigger is exponentially better than anything else, the reliability is there, it’s suppressor ready, it holds 16 rounds, and extra mags are like 20 bucks.
    Got together in Greenwood to shoot .22LR with a member today! :ingo:
    I have the Glock 44 & zachcz has the Taurus TX.
    I have chided Zach in the past that the Glock had to be better than the TX. :stickpoke:
    I was hoping to make his life unhappy. :)
    Shooting a friend's gun can do that.
    It's happened to me before.
    But, I found no evidence to sadden Zach: I was surprised! :ugh:
    I was the one shocked that the humble Taurus TX outperformed (in my hands) the might Glock 44. :xmad:
    I have no dog in the fight, but I am a connoisseur of a fine shooting .22LR since I've had everything I could find in the past 3 yrs. .

TX even had a better trigger! :scratch:
    I've only had 4 Glocks, but I can't believe they don't upgrade their triggers.

It was more accurate than I expected, as well!
    I was surprised! :ugh:
    In comparing the pics below, I suspect the TX has some better groups.
    The 15 round mag is convenient.

Using Armscor 38 gr. HV HP today:
    XI44lFA.jpg

Glock 21' head & beside head with 30' on 3 torso spots
    LZG2Hia.jpg

All 21' Glock 44
    g6YtSjd.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I love my TX 22. It has ate everything I've put in it from Standard velocity to CCI Stingers. I haven't found a brand it doesn't like yet.

Don't forget the TX 22 is an American made pistol.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    ive had zero malfunctions in mind with any 22 ammo I’ve put in it. I’ve had one dud from a stinger that I also tried in a couple rugers and it wouldn’t fire either so obviously a dud. The tx22 is definitely a hidden gym in the 22 world. I am also very impressed with reliability while running a can
    I love my TX 22. It has ate everything I've put in it from Standard velocity to CCI Stingers. I haven't found a brand it doesn't like yet.

Don't forget the TX 22 is an American made pistol.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    ive had zero malfunctions in mind with any 22 ammo I’ve put in it. I’ve had one dud from a stinger that I also tried in a couple rugers and it wouldn’t fire either so obviously a dud. The tx22 is definitely a hidden gym in the 22 world. I am also very impressed with reliability while running a can

I forgot to mention when I did the "review" on your TX, comparing it to the G44, that I ran 220 rounds through it w/o any issue.
    I was using just 1 brand though: Armscor 38 grain, HP.
    Since I have the more expensive G44, I'm still stinging that I was the one humbled, since I was hoping that you would realize the error of your ways & needed t upgrade to the "better" G44. :laugh:
    I still am amazed at it's performance/reliability :scratch: since I suffer with some "anti-Taurus" prejudice b/c of a bad experience early on with a Taurus semi-auto that just wouldn't consistently cycle & when sent back it took them over 6 months to make it right.
    I can only hope that after firing the SW 41 you will never be happy again with any other .22LR, and always long for the trigger pull, weight & accuracy of the 41. :lmfao:
    And, you only verified what I thought was the position of the highly touted Beretta 87 Target: a distant 2nd place compared to the SW 41.
    I still really like it, but it's my 2nd most expensive .22LR, so I have to to justify keeping it :), but I wanted one for 2 yrs. so I need to play with it for a long time. :shoot:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Glock didn’t do any favors for itself. It’s maybe on par with the 179 keltec p17 to me. I haven’t taken pics of target yet but did glance at it. The smith 41 is amazing. The groups are maybe a tad tighter than with my victory PC but we’re shot with more ease. The 41 almost reminds me of a shadow 2. I can shoot very comparable groups with a shadow or my stainless 75 (favorite gun that I’ve shot the most). It it takes a lot more trying and concentration. The 41 and a shadow 2 are like cheating.

I forgot to mention when I did the "review" on your TX, comparing it to the G44, that I ran 220 rounds through it w/o any issue.
    I was using just 1 brand though: Armscor 38 grain, HP.
    Since I have the more expensive G44, I'm still stinging that I was the one humbled, since I was hoping that you would realize the error of your ways & needed t upgrade to the "better" G44. :laugh:
    I still am amazed at it's performance/reliability :scratch: since I suffer with some "anti-Taurus" prejudice b/c of a bad experience early on with a Taurus semi-auto that just wouldn't consistently cycle & when sent back it took them over 6 months to make it right.
    I can only hope that after firing the SW 41 you will never be happy again with any other .22LR, and always long for the trigger pull, weight & accuracy of the 41. :lmfao:
    And, you only verified what I thought was the position of the highly touted Beretta 87 Target: a distant 2nd place compared to the SW 41.
    I still really like it, but it's my 2nd most expensive .22LR, so I have to to justify keeping it :), but I wanted one for 2 yrs. so I need to play with it for a long time. :shoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Glock didn’t do any favors for itself. It’s maybe on par with the 179 keltec p17 to me.
    I haven’t taken pics of target yet but did glance at it.
    The smith 41 is amazing. The groups are maybe a tad tighter than with my victory PC but we’re shot with more ease.
    The 41 almost reminds me of a shadow 2. I can shoot very comparable groups with a shadow or my stainless 75 (favorite gun that I’ve shot the most).
    It it takes a lot more trying and concentration. The 41 and a shadow 2 are like cheating.

I can't believe you made a public statement comparing the G44 to a Kel-Tec P17. :nuts:
    I think that deserves a demerit (you can have one of mine). :laugh:
    I totally agree with your analogy of the SW 41 & CZ Shadow 2. :thumbsup:
    For me, and I have said it in the past, the SW 41 is to .22LR what the CZ Shadow 2 is to 9mm. :popcorn:
    I really don't need either one (especially the Shadow 2), but I'll be hard-pressed when the time comes to sell either.
    Even if I had something that shot better in either caliber, they are both "dream" guns to me & I have an emotional investment in them.
    Plus, in each caliber, I have had them longer than any other of my guns: with me that's monumental. :lmfao:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    going to be very hard pressed to get better than the 41 or the shadow 2 especially for the price of each. I mean we could almost make the comparison of the similarities of the tx22 and shadow 2. Both outperform things almost twice their price by a wide margin. I may get disowned comparing a cz and a Taurus but looking at them objectively with no heart strings being pulled both are great and underpriced for what they are and how they perform

I can't believe you made a public statement comparing the G44 to a Kel-Tec P17. :nuts:
    I think that deserves a demerit (you can have one of mine). :laugh:
    I totally agree with your analogy of the SW 41 & CZ Shadow 2. :thumbsup:
    For me, and I have said it in the past, the SW 41 is to .22LR what the CZ Shadow 2 is to 9mm. :popcorn:
    I really don't need either one (especially the Shadow 2), but I'll be hard-pressed when the time comes to sell either.
    Even if I had something that shot better in either caliber, they are both "dream" guns to me & I have an emotional investment in them.
    Plus, in each caliber, I have had them longer than any other of my guns: with me that's monumental. :lmfao:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    going to be very hard pressed to get better than the 41 or the shadow 2 especially for the price of each.
    I mean we could almost make the comparison of the similarities of the tx22 and shadow 2.
    Both outperform things almost twice their price by a wide margin.
    I may get disowned comparing a cz and a Taurus but looking at them objectively with no heart strings being pulled both are great and underpriced for what they are and how they perform

I can't quit laughing! :laugh:
    You didn't just compare the the TX to the Shadow 2?! :scratch: :nuts:
    Well, as long as the CZ fans don't read the .22LR posts, you might be safe. :dunno:
    But, demerit 2 for you today! :stickpoke:

I do agree that the Taurus should sell for at least the price of a SW MP Compact for value, but I think the $1200 price for a Shadow 2 is enough. :)
    Don't forget to post those range pics!

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm a CZ fan and love my p07 with the Kadet conversion kit, unfortunately it doesn't have a threaded barrel available. I have Ruger 22/45 that's threaded and a PSA-ar22 that's threaded but would like a threaded striker fired 22lr to put the 22 suppressor to better use. Anyone know where you can get a TX22 in Indianapolis? They seem to be unobtanium online.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    point blank south had one in stock I saw yesterday when I was looking for a new bolt action

I'm a CZ fan and love my p07 with the Kadet conversion kit, unfortunately it doesn't have a threaded barrel available. I have Ruger 22/45 that's threaded and a PSA-ar22 that's threaded but would like a threaded striker fired 22lr to put the 22 suppressor to better use. Anyone know where you can get a TX22 in Indianapolis? They seem to be unobtanium online.

Top Bottom