• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I picked one of these up today and shot 100 rounds through it. Flawless operation so far I can say based off my initial impressions that this is a really good gun for the money. I will post more information on it after I put more rounds through it. I plan on trying many different types of ammunition especially in the lower price point range to see how well it operates. I had an SR22 before that really had problems cycling some of the cheaper stuff I'm hoping this does not have the same problem. So far it's been excellent but again it's only been one hundred rounds of the same type of ammunition.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Awesome. They don't like super colibri... Lol. I had random issues with some really low velocity stuff, but I had the same issues with it in my rugers. I'll save the docile rds for the bolt gun

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Shot another 300-400 rounds of of various bulk ammo and still near flawless. One failure to fire, but I'm sure it was a bad round. I'm loving this gun for a little cheap range time and my wife is enjoying it more than my other guns. Great buy!

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I got the ad from palmetto armory and at first I thought it was $209, then -$50 rebate (I saw what I wanted to see :laugh:).
    Still, $209, free shipping, plus $25 FFL fees = $234 sounds very very tempting even though I don't need it.
    With the rebate, it sounds better than what Rural King would do running a special. :dunno:
    I just unexpectedly bought a Ruger Mark 3 with Volquartsen barrel and other upgrades, so I will NOT succumb.
    I will be strong and not buy just b/c of price. :ugh: Old habits are hard to break!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I would not mind having one. I just want to handle one a bit first. I may have to head to the LGS to check them out in person. I'd want the no manual safety version.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have seen a bunch of positive reviews on the TX22. Here is one that has a negative, but Taurus did fix it. I feel like this thing is begging for me to buy it.

It took two tries but Taurus fixed the problem, here is the video makers update from the comments following the video:

Maximus Joseppi
    Maximus Joseppi
    3 weeks ago (edited)
    Update on the TX22, they found that the slide release spring was too light and just outside of tolerances. They replaced it with a stiffer spring. This solved the issue and the gun runs perfectly now. Best 22 there is by far.

[video=youtube;B4CPHB9WHgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CPHB9WHgU[/video]

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Man I do not need one of these. I should quit looking at them and just buy another mag or two for my PMR-30 & shoot it some more. My PMR is decently reliable, not as accurate as I hoped but if I stick to CCI & only load it to ~20-25 rounds she runs fine.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would not mind having one. I just want to handle one a bit first. I may have to head to the LGS to check them out in person. I'd want the no manual safety version.

When I handled one awhile back at the LGS, it reminded me of the SW MP Compact that I had and loved till it got replaced by heavier, and for me, more accurate pistols.

Buck Shot Sporting Goods in New Castle had a used one for $199 when I was there on Saturday.

Enabler. :)

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I handled one awhile back at the LGS, it reminded me of the SW MP Compact that I had and loved till it got replaced by heavier, and for me, more accurate pistols.

I have an S&W MP 22 Compact as well. If this were an S&W I'd already have one. I'd prefer the Tx22 because it is truly striker fired (not internal hammer like the M&P), is available without a manual safety (to better mimic my other striker fired pistols) and due to capacity of the mags.

I may need to make an LGS run to handle one of these soon.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have an S&W MP 22 Compact as well. If this were an S&W I'd already have one. I'd prefer the Tx22 because it is truly striker fired (not internal hammer like the M&P), is available without a manual safety (to better mimic my other striker fired pistols) and due to capacity of the mags.
    I may need to make an LGS run to handle one of these soon.

If you do buy one, let us know if it feels much different than the MP Compact (I didn't fire one, only caressed), and if it is anymore accurate for you at 30'-40'.
    I'm still not going out to buy one (if I remain strong) b/c I do love a heavy gun, no matter what the caliber.
    I read that it really excels at shooting steel.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I would love to shoot one, but have not found a local range (I'm in NW Indiana) with one for rent. I did handle one and it felt great in my hand.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you do buy one, let us know if it feels much different than the MP Compact (I didn't fire one, only caressed), and if it is anymore accurate for you at 30'-40'.
    I'm still not going out to buy one (if I remain strong) b/c I do love a heavy gun, no matter what the caliber.
    I read that it really excels at shooting steel.

Shooting steel plates is my use case as a trainer gun (usually warm up with the 22 just to get settled in before breaking out the 9mm guns). Not in a competitive nature. I'd probably put it on paper once just to see how it does, but I'm generally not chasing groups on paper with this type of gun.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Barrel Issues with TX22?

There are a number of reports in the RimFireCentral forum about bad barrels on the TX22. Taurus has replaced them.

The main problem reported was poorly cut rifling, with pronounced chattering marks. Another owner reported (with pics) that the chamber was not concentric with the bore.

There was also an anecdotal report that Taurus has changed suppliers for the barrels.

An internet search for Taurus TX 22 bad barrel will turn up more links.

Possibly a bad production run? Every example I did find was taken care of by Taurus.

Makes you want to buy in person and be able to examine the gun you are getting before putting your money down.

OTOH, every person I saw who had the barrel replaced really loves the gun.

I also found another failure report that sounds like the weak slide lock spring issue that the gun in the video I posted had. The owner said that the slide locked back before the magazine was empty, but it only happened once.

I am still interested, with reservations.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I pulled the trigger mine is supposed to be in tomorrow. I'll be getting it for $260 out the door. Then a $50 rebate brings it down to $210.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    mail

logo.svg

Grab a Gun
    Taurus TX22 For Only $159 Wednesday Deals Are Live!

Taurus TX22 .22LR 4-inch Barrel 16 Rounds Single Action Ambidextrous Manual Safety
    $329
    $159 - After $50 Rebate!

mail

Top Bottom