• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Group,

I was just at Gander killing some time and decided to check out what they had in 3" .45's. First, let me say that Gander is out of almost everything, and as much as I know they are overpriced, they must be raking in some serious $$ since their gun displays were sparse at best. Speaking of over priced, they had Taurus 1911's going for 649.00 and even one for 849.00. CRAZY.

Anyway, back to my point. I looked at the Taurus PT145 Millennium and what's up with the trigger? It felt good in my hand but when i went to dry fire it the trigger pull was at least 1" of not 1.5" of pull of which the first 3/4" to 1" was simply play? Was there something wrong with this one or is that normal for this gun? The sales person looked at it after me and he too was very confused by the amount of play.. In addition, what's up with the cheap plastic trigger. I swear that thing would break if you pressed it too hard.

Anyway, does anyone have one out there? Does yours have the same symptoms? Is this normal? I would really like to get into a 3" .45 but moving to something other than a 1911 may not be possible if they are all going to have similar characteristics.

I guess I may just have to save up some more :twocents: in order to go with either a Sig or SW M&P.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had one of the first millenium's in 9mm. I would buy another Taurus revolver but never agin will I buy any of their semiauto's. Just my 2 cents.:noway:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I had one of the first millenium's in 9mm. I would buy another Taurus revolver but never agin will I buy any of their semiauto's. Just my 2 cents.:noway:

Ditto. I've heard many people rave about their Tauruses, but there are some bad apples for sure. I have one of the early PT111s, and I had to send it back to Taurus for trigger work.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My Taurus's have run in matches when Kimbers were failing. The slack in the take up is by design and normal for the Pro's and Mill's. The 1911's obviously do not have that feature.

I have never been dissapointed by any Taurus I have owned, not a one.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I only like two stage triggers in my rifles! :D

The Taurus poly guns tend to have issues with the play in the trigger. Now the Taurus 1911s, that is a different story. People tend to glom the two production lines together to make a generic "they suck" comment towards the entire company.

The Taurus 1911s in my mind are the basic beginnings of a great gun. They run well for those who dont modify, but offer a very good prefitted barrel/slide/frame for a buildup.

I have had both a PT145 and a Taurus 1911. I would go with the 1911 again (If I had a job), but the PT145 light strike and crum bum trigger isnt winning me over. All in all, between a Sigma and a PT series of Taurus, I would go with a Sigma (I have had one of those too, after the trigger is broken in, its great!).

Top Bottom