• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is it a Flash Hider, is it a Muzzle Brake, who knows? It looks pretty cool to me though. I know Tapco, or "Crapco" as it is called by some, is known to put out some pretty sub par items (although, I do like my G2 trigger). This thing seems to be pretty well constructed though. Hopefully it will do what it is supposed to do, I'll have to take her out on a dark, cloudy, day and see for myself.

flash2.jpg

flash1.jpg

ARandAK.jpg

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Everyone says that about the G2 trigger. A guy came into the shop this week and was talking about how his tapco mags were giving him fits (they fit into one gun, but not another), but added that trigger thing in there.

The muzzle device looks gnarly though. Is there any flex in the prongs? I'd say maybe if you dropped it, make sure they don't bend inward on you.

Last edited:

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Seems prone to collecting leaves and crap as you're moving around. Thats why they got rid of flash hiders like that when the M-16 first came out.

Ha ha, good point. I'll keep that in mind. For now I'll just take the AR on those missions. ;)

Might wanna take the cleaning rod out before you test fire. Just saying... ;)

Oops, thanks for the reminder. :D

Everyone says that about the G2 trigger. A guy came into the shop this week and was talking about how his tapco mags were giving him fits (they fit into one gun, but not another), but added that trigger thing in there.

The muzzle device looks gnarly though. Is there any flex in the prongs? I'd say maybe if you dropped it, make sure they don't bend inward on you.

I was actually worried about the prongs being weakened. I'll just have to inspect it really well before each range session. I may end up just going with an A2 flash hider threaded for AKs, but I do like the look and feel of the Razr.

spartan933

Expert
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I've got the RAZR for my AK. I like it just because it looks cool. Haven't noticed any flexing at all. As for their mags, since I have a WASR, I was concerned that steel mags would have wobble. I guess I got lucky and don't have any mag wobble whatsoever. That being said, the TAPCO mags are designed to eliminate that issue and are therefore thicker at the top and wouldn't seat all the way. I sanded them down and have no problems now with feeding or mag seating.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've got the RAZR for my AK. I like it just because it looks cool. Haven't noticed any flexing at all. As for their mags, since I have a WASR, I was concerned that steel mags would have wobble. I guess I got lucky and don't have any mag wobble whatsoever. That being said, the TAPCO mags are designed to eliminate that issue and are therefore thicker at the top and wouldn't seat all the way. I sanded them down and have no problems now with feeding or mag seating.

Did you notice any decrease in muzzle rise or flash? I think it looks cool too, glad to hear that there is no flex in it. I have never used the mags though.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I looked at the RAZR as well as their AK-74 brake but have heard down review about it's weight and lack of actual results compared to a true 74 brake. I ended up ordering a Tromix Shark brake and will see how that works. The slant brake does absolutely nothing for me.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I looked at the RAZR as well as their AK-74 brake but have heard down review about it's weight and lack of actual results compared to a true 74 brake. I ended up ordering a Tromix Shark brake and will see how that works. The slant brake does absolutely nothing for me.

Well I actually got to use it at the range today and it worked better than I expected. You can judge for yourself, but it definitely appears to hide the flash and decrease the muzzle rise IMHO.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z9NOwZGB2s"]Saiga 223 w/ Tapco Razr[/ame]

Maybe that was the point? You can shoot and pick up papers and garbage at the range at the same time.

Didn't get a chance to try it out as a garbage picker this time, guess I'll leave that up to the DOC guys in the orange jump suits.

Last edited:

spartan933

Expert
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Did you notice any decrease in muzzle rise or flash? I think it looks cool too, glad to hear that there is no flex in it. I have never used the mags though.

Nothing significant. It was certainly better than the slant brake muzzle device that came with it in both flash reduction and muzzle rise.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    i put one on my draco and love it. it seems to work really well and i like the looks of it. good review on it

Nothing significant. It was certainly better than the slant brake muzzle device that came with it in both flash reduction and muzzle rise.

Thanks, yeah I like it too for $25 I figure it is worth the coin. Mine is on a 223 versus a 7.62 AK so the muzzle raise is low anyway, but I still think it's better than it was.

Top Bottom