• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My Sheild Plus that I've carried for about 2 years now recently decided it was going to digest itself. I'm not 100% sure what happened. Me and a few buddies were going to go to the range on Sunday the 2nd. Saturday morning I was cleaning and oiling the guns I was taking and the lastly since it had been a minute I was going to clean my Sheild. Upon disassembly the slide would not come off the frame. Initially I had forgotten to flip the sear disengagement lever but I did not force or pull anything I simply slide the slide back to lock and flipped the lever then proceeded as normal. Still the slide would not come off. After a few attempts I finally got it off and immediately saw the problem. There is a small piece of metal on the frame a few millimeters above and to the right of the take down lever. It was all bent and twisted out of place. Now the slide will not go back on the frame and I'm not going to force it. No real force was used to disassemble the gun. It ran fine the last time I shot it and came apart and went back together fine the last time I cleaned it. I'm honestly completely stunned by this. I really liked this pistol and pretty much made it my all time EDC. Now I've gotten in touch with S&W and will send it in for repair but now I have mixed feelings about the gun. I'm considering other offerings and have pretty much landed on the P365XL. It seems Sig has worked the bugs out of the 365 and they are extremely popular. I like the XL for the slightly longer grip and barrel. I handled a couple over the weekend and no place I went had an XL in stock they did have a Macro, an X and standard 365.

So what does INGO think? I'm going to have the Sheild fixed but in the meantime should I pick up a 365 or just wait for Smith to fix my Sheild? If I get the 365 I'll probably sell the Sheild to offset the cost. For now I'm back to my Glock 26.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I've carried it all. From the Smith m&p line to glocks to sig p320 and cz. I've settled on the 365xl for my edc. Just shoots well fits well. Conceals well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I personally prefer the 365 x configuration with a standard 365 sized slide (if you buy it as an X it will also be optics ready like the XL) and an XL length module which is the same as the length of the standard module with the 12 round mag inserted. Just prefer not having to depend on the mag base plate for that extra finger on the grip.

I personally prefer the Wilson Combat XL grip module. I also prefer the flat trigger.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    I personally prefer the 365 x configuration with a standard 365 sized slide (if you buy it as an X it will also be optics ready like the XL) and an XL length module which is the same as the length of the standard module with the 12 round mag inserted. Just prefer not having to depend on the mag base plate for that extra finger on the grip.

I personally prefer the Wilson Combat XL grip module. I also prefer the flat trigger.
    Do the optics ready versions have iron sites (out of the box) that are capable of co-witnessing with the RD, or do the sites need to be replaceD?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Do the optics ready versions have iron sites (out of the box) that are capable of co-witnessing with the RD, or do the sites need to be replaceD?

orzIiyQ.jpg

New 2023+ guns have separate rear irons that work with K style sights. Older guns had the rear sight attached to the plate, that being said the gutter sight on my 507k works out to 10 yards and is basically equivalent to a J-Frame

I have been shooting 365's since they came out in 2018~ and have never had an issue, fantastic guns. My only "complaint" is it's average trigger IMHO, I wish you could make it better but you are pretty much stuck with OEM due to the design. That being said I LOVE my 365X it's basically the perfect carry gun for me, only thing I might like as much is a Staccato CS but my wife would kill me :abused:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Both the XL and XL Macro are good to go. The original is just too small for my hands, but the larger ones fit just right. At the range they perform flawlessly and on target. Small and light enough that I sometimes forget it's there. Do it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The X model I handled was at my local Rual King and it was a Specter Comp model with a goofy looking "battle worn" compensated slide/barrel. It was a no for me but I did like the grip feel and length. I've been reading about the Wilson grip modules and will probably go that route too. I would also prefer the sights separated from the optics plate. So I'm looking for a 2023 model X or XL. I will probably pick up an optic to play with at some point but don't want to be dependent on it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone know where one may be in stock? I tried my local Rual King and yesterday I had a little free time so I ventured up to Bradis. They had Macros and standards in stock. I called USDS and they only had standards. I'm hesitant to order one from an online vendor because I want the separated sights and optic plate. I haven't tried PSS yet. I may call them next

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I believe there is someone selling a wilson combat xl grip module in the classifieds with a 12 round mag for about what you would pay for the magazine.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Whatever you get, just make sure to learn how to field strip it without breaking it before you blame the gun for your error.

That said, the P365 is an excellent platform, very customizable. I like the feel of my P365x a little better than my Shield Plus, but the Shield series is a solid, proven design and will be staying in my collection. In fact, I used to have a Shield 45 and regretted trading it off, so I recently picked up another one on sale with a "3 extra mags" rebate. I trust my life to either the P365 series or the Shield series.

If you get a P365 or P365x and like it, I'd sell or trade that antique G26 (:)) for a P365xl or X-Macro and have one platform with the same mags and different sizes.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anyone know where one may be in stock? I tried my local Rual King and yesterday I had a little free time so I ventured up to Bradis. They had Macros and standards in stock. I called USDS and they only had standards. I'm hesitant to order one from an online vendor because I want the separated sights and optic plate. I haven't tried PSS yet. I may call them next
    I didn't look for 365's when I was in PSS yesterday but if you get it there, be prepared to take cash or add 4% to Bob's price as he's adding a 4% card fee now.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Whatever you get, just make sure to learn how to field strip it without breaking it before you blame the gun for your error.

That said, the P365 is an excellent platform, very customizable. I like the feel of my P365x a little better than my Shield Plus, but the Shield series is a solid, proven design and will be staying in my collection. In fact, I used to have a Shield 45 and regretted trading it off, so I recently picked up another one on sale with a "3 extra mags" rebate. I trust my life to either the P365 series or the Shield series.

If you get a P365 or P365x and like it, I'd sell or trade that antique G26 (:)) for a P365xl or X-Macro and have one platform with the same mags and different sizes.
    I'm 100% aware it was my fault that the Sheild broke. I'm just not sure what I did or how it happened. It's far from the first time I've taken it apart and I've never had an issue before. I'm not a new to guns ignorant shooter. It was just a fluke but it's still frustrating. And I'm sure Smith will charge me to fix it.

I'll be keeping my Glocks thanks. LOL.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'll be keeping my Glocks thanks. LOL.
    I've owned Glocks since they were introduced to the market, and have had at least a few in my collection since then. Until this year. For the first time in decades, I own zero Glocks. They have no answer to the Shield Plus or the P365 series. Throw in the weirdo grip angle, and they are, for all intents and purposes, obsolete for my needs. Sigs and Smiths are much more natural pointing and shooting for me.

Feels good, man. Like I quit smoking or something.

:):

Top Bottom