• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    I've owned Glocks since they were introduced to the market, and have had at least a few in my collection since then. Until this year. For the first time in decades, I own zero Glocks. They have no answer to the Shield Plus or the P365 series. Throw in the weirdo grip angle, and they are, for all intents and purposes, obsolete for my needs. Sigs and Smiths are much more natural pointing and shooting for me.

Feels good, man. Like I quit smoking or something.

:):
    This seems to be a growing sentiment. I've never owned a Glock, and up until a year or so ago, I was looking forward to having one in my collection. Now, for the features I'm looking for, I'm leaning more toward a Shield Plus, 365 or Hellcat.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've owned Glocks since they were introduced to the market, and have had at least a few in my collection since then. Until this year. For the first time in decades, I own zero Glocks. They have no answer to the Shield Plus or the P365 series. Throw in the weirdo grip angle, and they are, for all intents and purposes, obsolete for my needs. Sigs and Smiths are much more natural pointing and shooting for me.

Feels good, man. Like I quit smoking or something.

:):
    No doubt they are obsolete. The 43 was actually the first micro 9 I tried. I sold it almost immediately after the first range trip. Hated the way it felt under fire. But a Glock will always have a place in my safe. There are just to many of them out there to not own one.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seems like the macros are what the kewl kids are getting now...
    ZX has showed one to me a couple of times.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Try
    Anyone know where one may be in stock? I tried my local Rual King and yesterday I had a little free time so I ventured up to Bradis. They had Macros and standards in stock. I called USDS and they only had standards. I'm hesitant to order one from an online vendor because I want the separated sights and optic plate. I haven't tried PSS yet. I may call them next
    WPW Firearms in Cloverdale. They usually have a good selection of Sigs and I almost bought a 365XL the last time I was there. (812)327-3466

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I just picked up an XL at Cabellas, of all places. They had it in stock at the same price as most on-line deals. (Then I spent 2 hours going thru their clown process. Aaarrrgh! )

Havn't shot it yet, but it feels perfect in my hand. I did buy a couple Tactical Development basepads to add just a little to the grip height. I'll probably invest in some of the MagGuts magazine replacement spring systems to make it into a 14 plus 1 set-up, without adding to the grip height.

Also added the Holosun 507k RDS, so should be fun jumping into the red dot game. Been wanting to try it out, as my eyes continue to get old.

The Macro grip size feels a little large in my hands. If I'm going that big, I have other compacts that work just as well, like the CZ P-01. The original micro 365 grip is a little small for my hand. I did buy the wife the new 365 380acp model and a couple 12 round mags, which I think is gonna work perfect for her.

Best of luck on your quest.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I used to own a P365XL, but I just found myself never carrying it because I hated the trigger. To me, the Springfield Hellcat is very similar, but with a better trigger. I still own a Hellcat RDP, but I bought that before the Pro came out.

That said, I have moved away from carrying the micro 9mms almost completely and carry a larger gun because I shoot them better.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I used to own a P365XL, but I just found myself never carrying it because I hated the trigger. To me, the Springfield Hellcat is very similar, but with a better trigger. I still own a Hellcat RDP, but I bought that before the Pro came out.

That said, I have moved away from carrying the micro 9mms almost completely and carry a larger gun because I shoot them better.
    That is why I am still carrying a P2000

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Macro grip size feels a little large in my hands. If I'm going that big, I have other compacts that work just as well, like the CZ P-01. The original micro 365 grip is a little small for my hand.
    Same. I like the XL grip size. The Macro kinda moves the 365 into a whole different category I feel it was never ment for. It's kinda like an answer to a question that's already been answered 100s of times over.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I honestly have a love/hate relationship with the micro 9 segment also. I love them for the size and weight to capacity ratio. But I also shoot my compacts better. My P01, G19 and USP 9C all manage recoil MUCH better. But the weight makes them uncomfortable and I end up not carrying them. I never liked the Hellcat for whatever reason. Just didn't jive with me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just picked up an XL at Cabellas, of all places. They had it in stock at the same price as most on-line deals. (Then I spent 2 hours going thru their clown process. Aaarrrgh! )

Havn't shot it yet, but it feels perfect in my hand. I did buy a couple Tactical Development basepads to add just a little to the grip height. I'll probably invest in some of the MagGuts magazine replacement spring systems to make it into a 14 plus 1 set-up, without adding to the grip height.

Also added the Holosun 507k RDS, so should be fun jumping into the red dot game. Been wanting to try it out, as my eyes continue to get old.

The Macro grip size feels a little large in my hands. If I'm going that big, I have other compacts that work just as well, like the CZ P-01. The original micro 365 grip is a little small for my hand. I did buy the wife the new 365 380acp model and a couple 12 round mags, which I think is gonna work perfect for her.

Best of luck on your quest.

OMG, 2 hours?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Everyone has their personal preference and, for me, the P365 grip angle is just too steep / vertical and is uncomfortable or not natural.
    I, personally, prefer the Glock grip angle, and in 9mm, I prefer the Glock 43X with the Shield Arm 15-round magazines.
    Sig Sauer makes a quality firearm (after their got their bugs worked out) and they'll probably protect you to the degree your skill set allows.
    To each their own...if you're comfortable with it, then by all means go for it!
    The most important part is, no matter what you carry, develop proficiency with your selected firearm and practice regularly!!!
    Hope you enjoy your new toy!!!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I polished the internals and added this...

The trigger is much better now.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I like the X configuration with the Wilson lower for summer activity. Prefer the Macro otherwise. Also rotate in a 43x on occasion. Both Sigs have Holosun red dots. I also chopped down a Macro lower to run my X slide on as desired. I like the factory trigger on all 3 mentioned above. Must have gotten lucky.

Attachments

• 34868805-5153-44C4-922F-E864E3957538.jpeg
      34868805-5153-44C4-922F-E864E3957538.jpeg
      387.9 KB · Views: 5
    Top Bottom