• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    For some reason, I have been thinking about getting a 16...
    What is currently available that would be worth trying out?
    But I don't want to spend a fortune...
    If I found a decent Sweet Sixteen...
    Well, the resale generally sucks, should be to your advantage as a buyer. The variety and availability of factory ammo sucks as well, not an advantage,; you may want to reload if you plan to use it on a regular basis

Reactions: Leo

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, the resale generally sucks, should be to your advantage as a buyer. The variety and availability of factory ammo sucks as well, not an advantage,; you may want to reload if you plan to use it on a regular basis
    You would think, but at shows it seems like they want a premium for them.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    I only shoot 16 ga for trap, I don`t hunt, I also reload for it, lots of good load recipes, I am from Minnesota and the 16 ga is the go to gun for Grouse, grew up with a single barrel Sears and robuck. here is a pic of my browning citori lightening, I had the adjustable comb installed, I also like the browning A-5, Ithaca 37 pump, winchester 37 single barrel, have 3, and a couple of European classic double barrels from the 1920`s. Go for it, great gauge and its coming back citori 001.JPG 16 ga 002.JPG

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The sweet 16 is a nice gun. In the years since they were offered, Ammo has all but dried up. I did reload for it and even fifteen years ago, wads got tricky to obtain. You still have to have hulls to reload, so you can never get away from ammo issues affecting your ability to load. Some people may only shoot a box a year, some shoot 4 boxes in league and 4 boxes in practice every week. I tend to shoot higher volume, so $18.99 per box, AND only being able to find one or two boxes at a time, is a big turn off for me.

Like a pretty girl who is hard to talk to at the high school dance, you have to weigh out the other factors before you take her out, or you might not have a good time.

Looks like Kennedy759 might be the man to talk to, as It appears he has overcome some reloading hurdles.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For some reason, I have been thinking about getting a 16...
    What is currently available that would be worth trying out?
    But I don't want to spend a fortune...
    If I found a decent Sweet Sixteen...

I've got 2 and have used them for squirrel, but ammo availability isn't the greatest and there's nothing it does that a more prevalent 12 or 20g won't do, IMO.

Reactions: Leo

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Top Bottom