Taking Machine Gun and Silencer from Indiana to Michigan?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glennster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    I am trying to find out the legalities of taking these items from Indiana to Michigan legally.
    Can I take my Indiana legal Machine Gun to Michigan legally, what is the process?
    The same for a Silencer?
    Thank you!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If Michigan allows machine guns, you need to fill out an ATF form 2020 and wait for approval. There's no rules about transporting suppressors.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    If you email or fax it in, you should get it back in a couple of weeks vs more than a month for mailing. I recently emailed several 5320.20’s in and received them in the mail in about ten days. They had been signed 4 days after I emailed them.

Another thing is is that you have to put a date range of when the item will be gone. The atf will approve them for pretty much the whole year if you plan on making multiple trips. I know many guys who have ranges, property, friends with property, etc in a neighboring state that they visit m
    several times a year. They just put Jan 1-Dec31 for ten dates ad then they are covered for the whole year if a trip comes up unexpectedly.

Top Bottom