• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    IMHO that seems a little light for a carry piece that has no actual manual saftey. But thats just me. Do a seach on youtube for the 50cent trigger job. Thats what im having done to my G19.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Honestly, I really don't know why anyone lightens the trigger. Shouldn't you just train and learn to use the stock trigger?

If there IS a good reason to change the trigger, what is it?

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I have a 3.5lb connector in a G17, but its a range use and suppressor host only. I don't carry it. All my carry Glocks have the stock weight.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If there IS a good reason to change the trigger, what is it?

A lighter trigger pull generally allows the shooter to keep his aim on target without disrupting the sights easier. A heavier trigger pull is prone to wobbling, jerking, and finger fatigue.

However, lighter triggers are also less forgiving and increase the chances of an ND if you were to tap it unintentionally.

This is why I'd recommend a trigger weight more than 3.5lbs, but less than 12lbs. I find 4.5-5.5 to work well on a carry pistol.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    If you mean that you are considering switching the connector, from stock to a 3.5 lb connector, it will NOT reduce your trigger pull to 3.5 lbs. It will change the wieght a little and the feel/return a little but it wont make a gigantic difference.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    Best thing I did next to night sights on my G19. In reality it is not a 3.5 pound pull closer to 4.5. And for the nay sayers, please test the pull on your stock Glock in the middle of the trigger, where you actually place your finger tip. It will come in at about 6 or 7.
    Why is it better? For me it helped with faster follow-up; help me shoot more accurately; and a much less tired finger after a day at the range.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For range or competition shooting, I would change the trigger...all you really lose is that little 'stop' right before the firing pin drops...and it does help for acccuracy. But for personal defense, I stick with the factory stock trigger.

Just a thought, but if you change to a lighter trigger and then have to use the gun for personal defense...you'll end up having to defend 'why' you changed the trigger to a lighter trigger. The Prosecutor will probably push to make you look as if you were aggressively preparing for a gun fight (the need for increased accuracy that a lighter trigger allows), which is a situation that you are trying to avoid. A defendable argument for the stock trigger in court is, "Hey, that's the way it came new, right out of the box."

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Hello!

I have a Glock 21, and will soon be ordering a Lone Wolf 3.5 lb. connector for it. My home defense pistol is a Glock 35 with a Lone Wolf 3.5 lb. connector (I prefer it to the stock Glock connector), and it is easy to keep on target with fast shots. I currently carry an M&P compact 40 with the Apex sear, so I guess I like a lighter trigger pull on my carry guns.

It is much easier to shoot accurately with a better trigger, and if you keep your finger clear of the trigger until ready to shoot, trigger weight should be a non-issue. I think the actual trigger weight on a Glock with the 3.5 connector is around 4.5 lbs, which is on par with a good 1911 trigger as far as trigger pull weight is concerned.

For getting accurate shots on target really quickly, I think a 3.5 connector in a Glock or an Apex sear in an M&P is just about ideal for a carry gun.

Top Bottom