• ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've heard this story on the radio before. Very very sad.... :(

Even more sad is this is not an isolated incident. There are similar things happening in other Nordic countries, and Germany as well.

If you don't send your kids to public school, are are endangering them.

Don't worry though, I'm sure nothing like that will ever happen in 'merca.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    :puke:

I hate these stories.

There is nothing more dear to me than my wife and children. I can't imagine what I would do in such a situation.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Let's see, the government union folks get with the teacher's union folks and the next thing you know home schooling will equal child neglect?

Yep, I can certainly see that happening.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it will be harder to institute this in the US for one reason, the RKBA. People will fight and die for their children.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think it will be harder to institute this in the US for one reason, the RKBA. People will fight and die for their children.

This I would agree with but alas those that homeschool in this country and a minority and one that is shrinking. The vast majority have gone thru the school system and are sending their kids (current kids in school) thru the system. Those few that are left are seen as weird and outsiders.

If the .gov where to ban homeschooling in the future it would not affect the majority and thus nothing will occur. History has shown us time and time what occurs.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This I would agree with but alas those that homeschool in this country and a minority and one that is shrinking. The vast majority have gone thru the school system and are sending their kids (current kids in school) thru the system. Those few that are left are seen as weird and outsiders.

If the .gov where to ban homeschooling in the future it would not affect the majority and thus nothing will occur. History has shown us time and time what occurs.

Actually, homeschooling is on the upward trend. And across the country, laws have become more favorable on the whole. 30+ years ago, it was outright illegal in many states. Now it's legal in all 57. ;) Some states make it far more easier than others. And the trend of the last few years has been to crack down a bit more. But that's because government schools are realizing that they are losing the monopoly on education. The competition is proving them to be inefficient and woefully lacking in results. The response is not to step up their game but attempt to hobble the competitors.

Just take a look at Indiana. How many times have people argued here on INGO that there should be some accountability for homeschooling parents, that the children who are homeschooled need to be tested against their government school peers to see in the parents are doing a good enough job. And yet when there is a push to hold the government school educators to the same standard, what's the response? Oh, no, you can't hold teachers responsible for the students' performance. Whatevs. :rolleyes:

If homeschooling weren't seen as a risk to government schools, nobody would care about us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right. Home education is growing - 5-15% per year. It's huge in the U.S.

I think distance learning will make this trend even greater as more accredited private and public distance schools offer wider choices of content for primary and secondary aged school kids.

Top Bottom