• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I remember discussing this back when it happened, well, someone uploaded a news story about the SWAT team and how they were honoured for their bravery in invading the wrong house and precipitating a firefight. Fortunately, the homeowner was armed with a rifle and not a handgun, so he managed to hold them off. Fortunately, for them they were armoured and protected from the bullets that did hit them. The investigation of this travesty cleared them of any wrongdoing, as a matter of course. Here's hoping the homeowner files a nice big lawsuit and socks it to the department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHZnNG_QEUw&feature=player_embedded

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The homeowner obviously had something to hide. Was he flushing illegal plants in between reloads?

Last edited:

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    ...a situation that could have gone horribly wrong, but did not, because of [strike]the professionalism with which it was handled[/strike] the homeowner's poor shooting under stress. Fortunately the officers couldn't hit what they were aiming at either.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I opened this thread expecting to read about yet ANOTHER homeowner murdered by a SWAT team. Thankfully the homeowner had a rifle and was able to survive.

As far as rewarding incompetence...I really wish that I didn't expect that, but I did. This particular department needs to be made an example of, and I hope they are stuck with a MASSIVE lawsuit.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I was on the civil jury that heard his suit and knew about the little award ceremony, I would be so outraged I would award all the damages I could.

lamsydivy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Most states have a governmental tort claims act, which limits the damages which can be awarded when the police cause property damage or injury in the line of duty.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    One of the ironies is that part of the citation was that they could have retreated under fire, but didn't.

So, when an honest citizen defending his children, his wife, and his home fires on you, you are honored for continuing to attack.

Under this logic, they should give the guy who accidentally shot Pat Tillman a medal for excellent marksmanship.

"Yeah Dude, you killed a fellow Ranger and football star and national hero, but great shot!"

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Most states have a governmental tort claims act, which limits the damages which can be awarded when the police cause property damage or injury in the line of duty.

Lamsydivy is my sister, new member, and it's her birthday so feel free to hit her with some birthday rep!

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i wonder what the SWAT officers who participated in the raid think about getting decorated for a botched raid?....none the less it wasnt the fault of the SWAT officers for the raid, it was the fault of bad intelligence. i still cant believe the police department handed out awards for this action. SWAT did what they were trained to do in the situation from what it sounds like....there was nothing above and beyond the call of duty to merit an award...and its a huge insult to the family and community

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    What an insult. Those officers should be ASHAMED of themselves for accepting an award for incompetence. THey could have chosen to do the honorable thing and refuse it.

What have we learned from this? Use an AR in at LEAST 5.56 for home defense, and not a shotgun. You'll have a higher chance of causing injury and death to home invaders. Apparently the shotgun was ineffectual as it hit at least one officer but didn't even take them out of the fight.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    What an insult. Those officers should be ASHAMED of themselves for accepting an award for incompetence. THey could have chosen to do the honorable thing and refuse it.

What have we learned from this? Use an AR in at LEAST 5.56 for home defense, and not a shotgun. You'll have a higher chance of causing injury and death to home invaders. Apparently the shotgun was ineffectual as it hit at least one officer but didn't even take them out of the fight.
    So those guys "f" up and fortunately no one is seriously hurt.
    And YOU wish they had been seriously injured or killed. :noway: :noway: :noway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So those guys "f" up and fortunately no one is seriously hurt.
    And YOU wish they had been seriously injured or killed. :noway: :noway: :noway:
    he's just saying make sure you are prepared to neutralize any threat that enters your home illegaly. criminals can wear body armor too. green tip, when you wanna send the very best. goes through that **** like an ice pick

stories like this sicken me. I bet they loved lining up to get those medals. I would have awarded them soap on a rope with the state department of corrections seal on it..

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    he's just saying make sure you are prepared to neutralize any threat that enters your home illegaly. criminals can wear body armor too.

stories like this sicken me. I bet they loved lining up to get those medals. I would have awarded them soap on a rope with the state department of corrections seal on it..
    BS!!!!!
    I don't agree with giving out the ****ing medals either.
    BUT
    Wishing that the Cops had been more seriously injured, or killed, is exactly why there will NOT be peace between LEO's and some of the "people" here!!
    Apparently the "Town Hall" thread was a bunch of hot air since this is allowed to continue.

Top Bottom