• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Same here. My dad was 384th FAB 6th Army, so he didn't carry a Garand. I have a pic of him at Camp Houze before going over holding a carbine.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've resisted getting into another caliber, but since my grandfather carried one while with the 283rd FAB in Europe, I may have to try to get one!

Oh heck, why not. Here's the pic from '43.

Joe Sutherlin a'43.JPG

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Would love to get one. One of the things I find most interesting was the name of the manufactures, Postal Meter, etc goes to show you how some companies really stepped up back then. Too bad that is a by gone era.
    Mine is an IBM (yes, that IBM). Since I work in IT, I thought it only appropriate. :)

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Very interesting. I figured big lots like this would be exclusive to CMP. But it as been 5 or 6 years since CMP had M1 Carbines for sale...and they went darn quick.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    CMP is for direct returns (repatriation). If another country ‘owns’ then they must be imported (and marked as such).
    The fact that the website says:
    “There are no records indicating how the Italian Armed Forces came into possession of these WWII M1 Carbines.”
    Is an interesting conversation starter.
    these will be overpriced per what we have seen with the CMP. They will be scrutinized and keyboard devalued due to markings.

But they will sell out quickly...very quickly.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I think the CMP got out of the Carbine business because of detachable 15 round magazines and the political climate. I got one of the last ones in 2017 when they were selling off Carbines they had marked for auction at the South Store.
    0sWW1NI.jpg

UP2lu3U.jpg

I sure do wish I'd have bought a dozen of 'em 20 years ago when the CMP was selling them for $495 to $695!

L3g1YzX.jpg

Last edited:

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I'd like to add another to keep my IBM company but honestly I think these will be priced out of my comfort zone. One thing for sure is this allotment is an interesting piece of history.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It use to be that when a glut came into the market it would drive the price down, not anymore.

This gun collecting is a cut throat business, for someone to get a 'deal' it means someone else has to take one for the team...

Nightboard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    New Castle
    I've been seeing a lot of these show up at the range lately. Last time around, the dude next to me had what I called the WW2 collection. M1 Garand, M1 tanker, M1 Carbine. I'd forgotten how satisfying that "ping" was. I like seeing all these old surplus rifles gettin some love. My WW2 collection leans more towards the Soviet.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think I read there were 8 or 10 k imported. I’m sure they will be $1500 plus. They won’t be cheaper than current market price I’m sure of that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Where are you getting $1500 as the current market price? Imports at gun shows are less than $1000
    Maybe conflating imports with the brand new manufacture guns? Somebody is making factory new ones at a steep cost. And that $1500 sounds familiar.

Top Bottom