• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    It appears Classic has already sold out priced at $1499 to $1599. Midway says they're still grading; but, they'd be available soon. No prces have been posted that I can see. There's no reason that they won't sell at a similar price point.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you REALLY want one and dont care if it has a history, new ones are being made by Kahr. MSRP around $1200.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This arrived in my Inbox tonight

Details on the MidwayUSA M1 Carbine sign up.

1622763526333.png
    Dear Customer,
    Thank you for signing up for information on the M1 Carbines! We’re excited to offer this opportunity to our Customers. As promised, we’re only notifying Customers who signed up to be notified about this rare opportunity to own a genuine piece of WWII history.
    We have GREAT NEWS – We’ve finished sorting and grading the M1 Carbines and will turn them on for sale Tuesday, June 8 at 8:00 AM CDT. We’re letting you know ahead of this date/time because even though all emails go out at the same time, not all email service providers deliver emails in a timely fashion. Since you signed up, we’re giving you time to plan so you have a fair chance to buy the specific gun(s) you want!
    The countdown timer shown in this email and on the M1 Carbine page shows the countdown to turn on. When the countdown hits 0:00:00, we’ll turn them on for sale. If you’re viewing products on the product page when they go live, YOU MUST REFRESH YOUR PAGE to see updated information and add products to your cart. You can do this by clicking the refresh button on your browser or swiping down on the screen if you’re using a mobile device. You can also refresh your browser by hitting the F5 key on Windows or Command+R on Mac.
    PLEASE NOTE: All orders must be placed on our website as we’re not able to take gun orders over the phone. Placing a gun in your shopping cart does NOT reserve inventory. You must complete the checkout process, select an FFL Dealer, make payment, AND receive an order confirmation to ensure the purchase process is complete. Interest in these guns has FAR EXCEEDED our expectations so supplies are limited and some manufacturers/grades are EXTREMELY LIMITED! If you’re interested in one of these fantastic guns, please order quickly.
    If you plan to ship your M1 Carbine to one of our preferred dealers, you’ll be able to select your dealer during checkout. Orders to preferred dealers will ship without delay!
    You may also choose to select an FFL Dealer later. If you choose this option during the checkout process, you’ll be able to complete your order. Once your order is complete and you’ve received an order confirmation, we’ll reserve your gun. You’ll have 5 days to select an FFL dealer to process your transfer. If you’re not able to select and arrange the transfer with an FFL dealer within the 5-day window, we’ll release the gun so others have an opportunity to purchase.
    If you plan to purchase with your personal C&R FFL, you MUST UPLOAD YOUR C&R FFL AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. Please have a copy of your C&R FFL ready to upload when you go through the checkout process. We accept documents in the form of .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif. Once you upload your document, complete the checkout process, and get an order confirmation, your gun is reserved. As soon as we validate your C&R FFL document, your gun will ship.
    We’re excited to offer this very special opportunity! Thanks for your interest and your business!
    MidwayUSA Customer Service

5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd.
    Columbia, MO 65203
    ©2021 MidwayUSA, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.​

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While I like the carbine and the history that goes with it, I've had more fun with the handguns. That said I do own one and it gets out every now and then.

Mauser Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 11, 2020
    Fishers
    Idk. I think the prices they are asking are a bit ridiculous. I've seen much better prices at gun shows for M1 Carbines than the ones going on the market recently. I think there is going to be a lot of hype followed by buyers remorse when people realized how much money they spent. I mean $1200 for an M1 Carbine with almost no finish seems like a lot of money to me. but then again, with the fed printing so much money maybe it just goes higher?

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I really like M1s. Grew up shooting one. Loud but little recoil. But 1200? No way. 500 yes. As much as I like them, I'd sooner buy an M1A for that sort of price tag.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm with Mauser Fanatic on this one. I don't doubt they will sell out, but I have been seeing very, very nice ones sell for $1200 at auctions and you get to see it in advance. I would rather get one at a gun show or auction at those prices.

Mauser Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 11, 2020
    Fishers
    I don't think these prices reflect reality. Classic firearms sold rusted pitted up post war Ethiopian K98s for ridiculous prices, and some refurbished ones for $1,000. But when it comes to try to sell it on the second hand market, the buyers aren't there at that price (I know because I've seen examples of this on armslist when people go to resell a gun they obviously bought from Classic). I think there is a psychological barrier at these prices. It's easy to swipe a credit card for $1,500, but having the cash is a whole different thing. Let's be honest, had the government not handed out stimulus checks I don't think we would be seeing any of the high prices for surplus guns. Also, while "4th stimulus check" is one of the most commonly googled term, I don't think congress plans on doing another one anytime soon. Maybe around the next election cycle, but he really doesn't have an incentive to do it before then.

And if I'm wrong, it's ok. I already own 2 M1 Carbines lol. But I think that's a lot of people. I know a lot of people that own 4 or 5 M1 Carbines and 4 or 5 M1 Garands. If sentiment ever changes and people start to sell there extra carbines or garands, and people jump to the next fad, you could see lower prices on the second hand market. People really need to ask themselves, if prices go higher, how much higher? How many buyers are there going to be there at $2,000, at $3,000.... is there going to be any buyers at $5,000? But maybe I'm just wishing, hoping, and praying lol. Rant complete.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Hi prices or not, doesn't look like they lasted (or will last) long. All the listings are "temporarily unavailable" now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The M1 Carbine is in the vast warehouse labeled, "Things Kirk Does Not Get". So, I will pass but I do think it is supercool that these things are still floating about after 70 years.

Top Bottom