• ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I would rather save my pennies for a Garand over the carbine. That said, my next gun fund is no where near healthy enough…yet

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I imagine MidwayUSA website will be swamped a few minutes before 0800 on the 8th. Did they ever say how many they have to sell?
    I read on another site that the import paperwork said they had over 2000. I have no idea how that person knows that information or if it's even accurate.

I bought a CMP gun back in the Obama days, but never shot it, needed some cash, and ended up selling it to a member here. Now I wish I hadn't done that. I was hoping the prices would be more reasonable so I could pick one up to replace the one I sold. I guess I'll just have to start hitting gun shows and hope to find a mix master in reasonable shape and at a reasonable price.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Would love to snag an Underwood to match my old typewriter, but won't sell my soul to get one. If they sell out before I get there then so be it. Really cool though that these are unrefurbished and numbers matching and/or period correct guns.

0aFijlgh.jpg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Would love to snag an Underwood to match my old typewriter, but won't sell my soul to get one. If they sell out before I get there then so be it. Really cool though that these are unrefurbished and numbers matching and/or period correct guns.

0aFijlgh.jpg
    That would be cool to have a WW2 weapon made by your typewriter company!!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    They’re down to inland very good without bayonet lug (as of 10.22 am) and that’s all that’s available!

that’s out of 12 listings with 4 grades for each listing and 2 choices for each listing (with or without bayonet lug)

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I tried to stop myself, but I ordered a no bayonet lug Winchester in very good condition. That said these have gone through an update program at some point in history. Flip safeties did not come about until 1947 so the original untouched BS is just that. At today’s prices a mostly correct Winchester for 1399 not horrible certainly not ideal but..... oh well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember really struggling to talk myself into spending 800 for my IBM when I got it several years ago (especially since I had recently gotten a Service Grade Garand from the CMP for like 595 IIRC). Prices had jumped in the year or two prior to getting it, and I was kicking myself for waiting as long as I did. 800 was real close to the top of the mark back then. Now I don't feel so bad seeing what they're going for now.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I got my hand picked by me M1 Garand several years ago at CMP N. Store, Nov. 1942. Then few years ago at Shipshewana gun show got 200 rods of ammo, mags and Nov. 1942 Inland M1 Carbine for $300 I think I paid for all. Lucked into that one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    "...still kicking myself for not getting one when they were cheap and abundant..."
    I've literally said this same statement 100's of times over the years about several different guns... SKS's for $65 and Mosin–Nagant's for $75 come to mind.

So many guns, so little money and room in the safe.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’m sorry but even today I think those prices are ridiculous. Sure the Carbines are a piece of history; but $1200+ for those guns is pretty salty. Buy a CMP Garand instead.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I tried to stop myself, but I ordered a no bayonet lug Winchester in very good condition. That said these have gone through an update program at some point in history. Flip safeties did not come about until 1947 so the original untouched BS is just that. At today’s prices a mostly correct Winchester for 1399 not horrible certainly not ideal but..... oh well.
    Looking forward to your receipt report (with pics, of course).

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Looking forward to your receipt report (with pics, of course).
    They canceled my order. No explanation. I’m actually glad they did. I suspected these had been rebuilt and judging by the photos being posted on the CMP forum I was correct. As much as I hate RTI their imports from last year out of Ethiopia were much better carbines goat turds and all.

Top Bottom